I guess BD/SM has really gone mainstream

Go Figure

Actually 50 Shades is BDSM lite. I think Lit is BDSM for dummies. And for smarties, and everyone in between -- there are lots of threads and the quality of responses differs dramatically. Something for everyone. And to be fair, some of the dummy books are actually quite serviceable.

Actually 50 Shades is BDSM lite. I think Lit is BDSM for dummies. And for smarties, and everyone in between -- there are lots of threads and the quality of responses differs dramatically. Something for everyone. And to be fair, some of the dummy books are actually quite serviceable.

This is true of the BDSM story selection as well, a lot of fun stories ranging from light and experimental to flat out, holy shit, is that legal, hardcore action.

Something for everyone.

The only dummy book I ever picked up was Excel for dummies, it was actually pretty helpful because I am pretty much a computer dummy

http://www.goodreads.com/user_status/show/18374842

BDSM for Dummies? What's next, Readers digest condensed BD/SM stories *lol*. Loved the comments "they do that?" in regards to bloodsports.....be glad the writer never saw the crew of Seattle Leatherdykes I heard about:)
The Seattle Crew is legendary!
Leatherdykes in general are badass mofos. There was an 'interrogation' scene demo last week and they started by suturing the bottom's arms to the chair.

Seriously? Sadly my mind went straight to the sterility.

My uncle was a small Indian surgeon. His hands were small like mine. His sutures were so small, neat and even. Other surgeons would ask him to close up their patients because the woman would complain less about the scars.

Sorry.. Memory lane.

Of course sterile. We are modern women, and many of us are in the medical field. :)

Yay, BDSM mainstream means my favourite toy stores might start bringing in those customer loyalty cards like they have at coffee shops.

Ya know, the cards they punch and when you fill it, you get one free

This could be awesome. :D

They might bring out a Trinny and Susannah or Gok type book. BDSM/fetish wear clothing to suit your body type.

I can see the follow up TV show as well.

Yay, BDSM mainstream means my favourite toy stores might start bringing in those customer loyalty cards like they have at coffee shops.

Ya know, the cards they punch and when you fill it, you get one free

This could be awesome. :D

They have those here!! You spend 50 or more each time and after the 10th you get a 50 dollar instore credit. :D

I think I care less about this than I did about unnatural hair color going mainstream.

I hope they have fun with it. DUMMIES doesn't bother me. The fact that we have no actual data on how many adults experiment with bondage, while bondage is a dangerous activity, THAT bothers me.

I have and love a few Complete Idiot's Guides to. I'd like to see that title, ha.

They might bring out a Trinny and Susannah or Gok type book. BDSM/fetish wear clothing to suit your body type.

I could totally see Gok in the Demask store, if it still existed in NYC helping people pick out rubber. Or maybe that's just my active wishful thinking, yum.

I could totally see Gok in the Demask store, if it still existed in NYC helping people pick out rubber. Or maybe that's just my active wishful thinking, yum.

Got full make believe episodes playing in my head and lucky I'm at home cos I can't stop laughing.

Thanks Netzach :D

For the record, there is no BDSM for Dummies, that was a photoshop job :)

Again with the labels... ;)

I am a never been mainstream, non conformist :rose:

I don't think its BDSM has gone mainstream as much as it has become a media pushed fad. People will try it, participate in their version to be cool and acceptable for a bit until it dies down and then those who are really into it will keep it or incorporate certain aspects into their sexual mix, but it will die down again amongst the general population, like long hair, hippies, peaceniks, bohemians, hash bashes, communal living...

OK, I thought that Gok was a misspelling of Gor. I guess not. What's a Gok?

OK, I thought that Gok was a misspelling of Gor. I guess not. What's a Gok?

A reasonable question, but it made me laugh :D

Gok is a chinese man from the UK who gives women the courage to dress to make themselves look good. He did tv series called 'How to look good naked.'

He has a big following in the UK.

I have to say, so what if BDSM has gone "mainstream" do you do it because it makes you cool? We like it because it makes us happy.

Actually I think it would be a lot better if there was something like BDSM for dummies, we could give it to those people who are so ignorant of the lifestyle or want to know (or to anyone who thinks that 50 shades of grey is actually anything but a piece of shit), my slave's sister for instance had no idea what our life or relationship was like, and sometimes we think it'd be really nice if bdsm was more well known by the general population.

So bring on BDSM for dummies and bring on "mainstream", hell, let's see a sitcom called "who's the boss?".... Damn that one's been taken :devil:

Back