Body positive healthy living.

T

thesweetsweetness

Guest
Not sure if there is any interest in a thread like this, but I figured there's only one way to find out.

So, I'm trying to lose some weight and could use a place to talk about goals and progress and such in hopes for some motivation, encouragement and support. I was thinking we could support and encourage each other towards any type of healthy living goal. Eating better, exercising more, quitting smoking, whatever. We could even have challenges or light hearted competitions if there was interest.

I'd want this to be a positive safe place. No hate. So please keep your posts constructive and helpful.

Since this is Lit, I'd try my best to keep it sexy and fun in here by posting pics and things along the theme of healthy living.

Any interest?
 
I offered someone sex every time they wanted a cigarette but so far they haven't taken me up on it. :( They probably saw right through that one... ;)
 
I offered someone sex every time they wanted a cigarette but so far they haven't taken me up on it. :( They probably saw right through that one... ;)

That's some nice creative thinking though! :D
 
Drink a glass of ice water before every meal.

Get a pedometer and work up to ten thousand steps a day.

Best of luck!:rose:
 
That's some nice creative thinking though! :D

I do come up with very creative solutions to problems, some are a bit unconventional, but they usually work ;)

Good luck with the weight loss! I just saw an interesting atgoogle video that touch on it
 
Try to make sure your meals/snacks include protein/fat/carb.

And it is the little things that add up that lead to weight loss, just like it was little things that led up to weight gain.

I would make a great weight loss and exercise Domme but I cant punish anyone, lol.

Okay I will stop giving tips for now.

You will do great, Carpe diem!
 
Great thread idea!

Some time last year, I had decided I wanted to get into better shape, both for health, and so clothes would fit better.
I had some friends that started running and got to the point of looking fantastic in a relatively short time.. One problem.. I ALWAYS thought I couldnt run because of my knees.
I started out very slowly.. downloaded a couch to 5k program. a running program that is intended to take you from walking, to being able to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in about 8 or 11 weeks
I was less concerned about being able to do it in that timeframe, but moreso being able to DO it.

Week 1 was a 5 min. warmup walk, then alternating 30 secs run(jog) 1 minute walk.
I Thought I was going to DIE.. barely making it through the 30 second jogs. But you know what, I was determined.. stuck with it through the full 9 weeks, where it progressively increases the run segments, and decreases the walk segments. Before progressing each week, if my body wasnt ready to advance, I'd repeat all or part of the week before moving on.
I ran through the fall but had to stop once the snow came. Through the winter, I had gained soem weight back, started feeling sluggish and wanted to DO something.. so I bought a groupon for one of those "Bootcamp" fitness classes.

Started out 2 days a week.. Again, thought, holy crap.. I'm going to die! Stuck with it, and soon started doing 3 days a week. Each week, it gets a little easier, though still challenges you.

As soon as spring came, I loaded up a new playlist for the ipod, and got back out there running 2 days a week also.
I didn't start over on Couchto5k, but just got out there and ran..still used the run/walk segments, but after only 2 runs, I was able to start increasing my distance, and my average min/mile time was lower than where I left off in the late fall!

Now that its warmer out, I've flipped the schedule around, and now run 3 days a week,bootcamp 2 days a week, sometimes adding a long bike ride, or extra run on the weekend.

A few weeks ago, I finally did it.. Completed my first 5k. Still do some walking in there, but I'm now hooked...I'll probably run several more over the course of the summer. My new goal is a 7k by the end of the year. I'm only down maybe 12 lbs, but gained a lot more muscle tone, and also dropped 2 pants sizes..

I didn't intend this to be so long, but I guess my point is.. anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Getting active, a lot or a little will make a ton of difference!

With everyone here on Lit, we can be a great motivation to one another!
 
encouragement27.jpg
 
Great thread idea!

Some time last year, I had decided I wanted to get into better shape, both for health, and so clothes would fit better.
I had some friends that started running and got to the point of looking fantastic in a relatively short time.. One problem.. I ALWAYS thought I couldnt run because of my knees.
I started out very slowly.. downloaded a couch to 5k program. a running program that is intended to take you from walking, to being able to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in about 8 or 11 weeks
I was less concerned about being able to do it in that timeframe, but moreso being able to DO it.

Week 1 was a 5 min. warmup walk, then alternating 30 secs run(jog) 1 minute walk.
I Thought I was going to DIE.. barely making it through the 30 second jogs. But you know what, I was determined.. stuck with it through the full 9 weeks, where it progressively increases the run segments, and decreases the walk segments. Before progressing each week, if my body wasnt ready to advance, I'd repeat all or part of the week before moving on.
I ran through the fall but had to stop once the snow came. Through the winter, I had gained soem weight back, started feeling sluggish and wanted to DO something.. so I bought a groupon for one of those "Bootcamp" fitness classes.

Started out 2 days a week.. Again, thought, holy crap.. I'm going to die! Stuck with it, and soon started doing 3 days a week. Each week, it gets a little easier, though still challenges you.

As soon as spring came, I loaded up a new playlist for the ipod, and got back out there running 2 days a week also.
I didn't start over on Couchto5k, but just got out there and ran..still used the run/walk segments, but after only 2 runs, I was able to start increasing my distance, and my average min/mile time was lower than where I left off in the late fall!

Now that its warmer out, I've flipped the schedule around, and now run 3 days a week,bootcamp 2 days a week, sometimes adding a long bike ride, or extra run on the weekend.

A few weeks ago, I finally did it.. Completed my first 5k. Still do some walking in there, but I'm now hooked...I'll probably run several more over the course of the summer. My new goal is a 7k by the end of the year. I'm only down maybe 12 lbs, but gained a lot more muscle tone, and also dropped 2 pants sizes..

I didn't intend this to be so long, but I guess my point is.. anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Getting active, a lot or a little will make a ton of difference!

With everyone here on Lit, we can be a great motivation to one another!

Couch to 5k is excellent! Congrats and high five!:)
 
Good luck with your objective - stick at it and be realistic - remember you are human and us humans have good days and the odd bad one too!

Personally I knew I needed to lose weight so started in January 2011 - no fancy diets but really cut down on my Sat Fat intake, replaced snacks with low fat alternatives, started drinking 2-3 litres of water a day and exercising 3/4 times a week. Over the year I lost about 4.5 stones (28kg). It was steady but slow and yes, there were days I ate out and had a few beers, so there was the odd week when weight went up not down! Now I'm in 2012 I'm still trying to maintain my new weight by following the same principles but allowing myself weekend treats and meals out - so far I'm doing ok.

The positive feedback from workmates and friends is amazing and it was great to go through the wardrobe and throw out (recycle) the huge XXL clothes and replace them with jeans and shirt sizes I never thought I'd wear ever again!

So, keep focused on the end goal and remember it's a marathon not a sprint :)
 
Remember food energy density where you'll feel fuller on fewer calories.

An example is below - (my eyes hurt thinking of eating ALL that food on the right, and yet the caloric content is the same of that on the left) The food on the right is largely depending on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and high complex carbs (don't, don't, don't cut carbs out!) The food on the left is "junk" food

EnergyDensityPR.jpg
 
Something else I've found helpful is tracking my progress.. runs,walks, I use an app on my phone called mapmyrun. There are several versons.. mapmyfitness,mapmyride, etc. They use GPS to calculate distance and speed, calories burned,etc.. all viewable on their website. There is a food journal where you can pick your foods and it has the nutrition info. The cool part is when you log a fitness activity it updates your 'available' calories

You can do this Sweetness!! :)



Sensualdreamer: that's a GREAT photo comparison.
 
You go chickadee you work hard at it...

I recently stopped drinking soda as a small step to getting healthier and I am up to 9 days without the HigH Fructose goodness LOL

BUT I was walking daily or working out and I fell off the bangwagon and now need to dust off that treadmill and get my arse back up on it! So you PM me and we can support each other!!!

Proven fact you do better when you have a support system!
 
Yay! I'm so happy this thread seems to have taken off! Thank you everyone for your support and tips. I'm hoping this thread can be for everyone, not just me, so don't be shy if you'd like to join in with your story, please do!!

Jimbo34- Couch to 5k.. I've heard of that, congratulations on your progress! I look forward to hearing about your fist 7k. :)

TiedbyChris- Awesome weigh loss, thanks for sharing your story. :)

Sensualdreamer- powerful photos! Thanks for posting.

fungatorgurl101- Glad to join forces with you! We can do it!

Thanks for all the posts, keep 'em coming. Tips, advice, information, anything.
 
Okay, so here's my story in a nutshell...

You know that saying, those who can't do, teach? I kinda feel like that's me. I actually worked for a while as a weight loss consultant for a leading weight loss company. (Ironic, huh?) I'm not a dietitian or anything fancy, but I did have to train and learn a lot to work there. So there is a good amount I do know, I just don't do what I should. (If nothing else, I'm qualified to give support :p)

I've been overweight pretty much my whole adult life. Yo-yoed around a good amount, mainly from pregnancies. With both my pregnancies I went through the same thing.. I had lost a good amount of weight right before I got pregnant. I continued to lose weight during the pregnancies and never regained it all back while pregnant. However, both times after delivery I suffered severe postpartum depression and gained a ton of weight.

So here I am, a bit over a year since I had my second baby and I weigh more than I ever have in my life. I hate it. I hate the way I look and I hate the way I feel. Most days I think my PPD is gone/under control, but there are still rough days. I am also still nursing, for what it's worth. So I can't do anything really extreme right now, not that I'd want to.

I've started walking more, at nights hubby and the kids and I walk the neighborhood. I installed a food diary app on my phone that can track food, exercise and weight. Journaling is huge for me. I know that is maybe the number one thing that helps me, so I need to do it and be honest about it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, and I'm not ready to talk numbers, too embarrassed, but that's me. :eek::)
 
I don't know much about dieting and the techniques (if that's what it's called) that goes with diets but personally I think they're all a fad.

I've always thought and believed that it works better if you eat meals in moderation and at the right times as well as keeping active by doing any form of exercise you wish to do.

I have been doing Pole Dancing for Fitness for almost two years now and I am loving every minute of it but I need to work more on eating the right foods at the right times too!

Whatever you decide to do, keep at it and persevere, in time, you will see the hard-work and progress you've made.

Giving up is NOT an option!

(Great pic posted by Dreamer by the way).

:)
 
Way to go! I wish I had this support when I went on my journey to a better health and healthier body. :)

The one thing I've learned when I lost a tremendous amount of weight - and no, none of that 'diet' crap (I just did portion control, there's no way that I will give up on chocolate!) - was to forgive yourself when you do mess. You will mess up. You will have that week where you fall off the wagon completely and gorge. You will have weeks where you will forget to go to the gym(or insert exercise here). The point is not to give up then, but just get right back on the horse. No need to punish yourself, no need to be think you've reversed all that work. Instead, you just continue as if that lapse never happened, almost like, "oh well, it happened, now let's move on".

Also, and this is key, make sure you're being healthier for YOU. You have to want to do this. You cannot do this for your family, or for your doctor, or for that gorgeous corset. However, it seems that you are, and that will be so helpful in getting that healthier you.

There's much more that I've learned, but I think I'm done preaching. However, I'm more than happy to talk about the nitty gritty details and sob stories. :D
 
For me it would be:

stop eating candy, except dark chocolate, of course.
do not be seduced into going out for pecan pie ;-)
drink more green tea
drink adequate water
walk everyday 45 mins
be in lust and/or love
dance in the rain
lower the house temp in winter and raise it in summer
eat balanced meals at scheduled times
get 8-10hrs of sleep or as much as you can
get off any meds you can
listen to Al Stewart's music everyday ;)
 
Back
Top