The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The zombie dreams, while entertaining, are getting old. Can we change the channel subconscious?

The zombie dreams, while entertaining, are getting old. Can we change the channel subconscious?
You could have watched the "Lake Placid" marathon this weekend on cable, then dreamed about badly-CGI'ed super-crocodiles instead of zombies. :p

You could have watched the "Lake Placid" marathon this weekend on cable, then dreamed about badly-CGI'ed super-crocodiles instead of zombies. :p

Hey, I have fond memories of that giant croc...not all CGI, BTW. Well, not a real croc, either. Animatronic for many scenes.

I don't have fond memories of the ear infection I got from swimming in that fake, bacteria-laden lake, however.

I'm a terrible person. Every time I see that Talk thread title about what to do if your Dome suddenly disappears I want to reply...

"Ask Criss Angel for your money back."

Yeah, I'm editing today. Soooo...lots of breaks for mental health. :rolleyes:

Came across this via Twitter.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/04/17/1883121/west-virginia-abstinence-assembly/?mobile=nc

You know, whenever the "why can't we all just get along?" type of discussions here, regarding religion and belief, I think it's important to remember these are the kinds of things that go on. Things like this are the reason that us non-believers aren't just content to sit back and shut up.

This assembly was funded by a conservative religious organization and the gutsy student who refused to attend, and spoke out about it, had her college future threatened.

As far as the "If you take birth control, your mother probably hates you" rhetoric...don't even get me started.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/04/17/1883121/west-virginia-abstinence-assembly/?mobile=nc

You know, whenever the "why can't we all just get along?" type of discussions here, regarding religion and belief, I think it's important to remember these are the kinds of things that go on. Things like this are the reason that us non-believers aren't just content to sit back and shut up.

This assembly was funded by a conservative religious organization and the gutsy student who refused to attend, and spoke out about it, had her college future threatened.

As far as the "If you take birth control, your mother probably hates you" rhetoric...don't even get me started.

My favorite comment was this: "ROFL he's gonna call Wellesley and report her as a feminist." My understanding is that Wellesley made it known that they were rather proud of her for taking this stand and they got in touch with her to say they were looking forward to her presence at the school next year.

My favorite comment was this: "ROFL he's gonna call Wellesley and report her as a feminist." My understanding is that Wellesley made it known that they were rather proud of her for taking this stand and they got in touch with her to say they were looking forward to her presence at the school next year.

That's correct. And the principle is a twonk. Just makes me wonder, though, how many students who were opposed to this have kept quite over the years, for whatever reason. This is not this woman's first speaking engagement.

As soon as I read it was Wellesley I laughed. How clueless can a principal be to not know that Wellesley would be thrilled to have a student like Katelyn?

As soon as I read it was Wellesley I laughed. How clueless can a principal be to not know that Wellesley would be thrilled to have a student like Katelyn?

Because West Vir-fucking-ginia.

They make us look positively enlightened. :rolleyes:

This is so annoying. Not that she objected, she did a great, mature job at making her point (too bad the principal can't manage to be an adult) but that people like this resort to that bullshit. I'm all for abstinence, but there is no reason to lie or shame to make a point. There are several speakers, I can think of offhand, who promote abstinence who don't need to resort to lies and shames to stand up for what they believe. Mark Gungor, is the first one that comes to mind.

I have teenagers. I tell them that I don't think they're mature enough to make decisions regarding whether or not to have sex. And then I told them that if they're going to have sex to use a condom and to make sure the girl is on some sort of birth control, TOO. And I also told them that if they're not comfortable asking me to get them birth control, that they can go to my best friend, and she'll get it for them. Because while I don't think they should be having sex, I REALLY don't think they should be getting pregnant.

.... I have teenagers. I tell them that I don't think they're mature enough to make decisions regarding whether or not to have sex. And then I told them that if they're going to have sex to use a condom and to make sure the girl is on some sort of birth control, TOO. And I also told them that if they're not comfortable asking me to get them birth control, that they can go to my best friend, and she'll get it for them. Because while I don't think they should be having sex, I REALLY don't think they should be getting pregnant.
+ ∞ smart-mommy points!

I hope I get nearly as wise as you are, when (if?) I grow up. :rose:

There is something to be said about a true willow switch.

I think that something went like this, "Holy mother of cod that fucker hurts!" Or maybe it was, "I'm burning that SOB switch first chance I get" Either way, both were replied to with laughter. :rolleyes:

Dom and I have taken a rare day off together today, so I've ordered some new toys for us to play with whilst the kids are at school. Just got a text from the delivery company to say the toy parcel will be with us between 3.30 and 4.30 this afternoon. After the kids come home from school. :rolleyes:

I think the Universe is trying to make me a vegetarian because pretty much all meat with the exception of chicken turns my stomach nowadays.

I think the Universe is trying to make me a vegetarian because pretty much all meat with the exception of chicken turns my stomach nowadays.
Bunny-hunny? Doctors... ? There's often a *reason* when one's appetites/tastes change suddenly, and a lot of those reasons can be ... well, serious.

(And you know I only nag because Ilubya, right?) :rose:

Bunny-hunny? Doctors... ? There's often a *reason* when one's appetites/tastes change suddenly, and a lot of those reasons can be ... well, serious.

(And you know I only nag because Ilubya, right?) :rose:

I know. Thank you. :kiss:

This happens regularly. I went through a whole period last summer where all I could eat was popcorn and candy bars. Then, there was the rolls, carrots, and yogurt period.

I'm guessing it's meds, though. Seizure meds rewire your brain in weird ways sometimes. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it's meds, though. Seizure meds rewire your brain in weird ways sometimes. :rolleyes:
Yeahhh... the Keppra (levetiracetam) I've been on tid since November has had some effects, I think, on my taste buds and food desires. Certain things just don't seem to taste the way I "remember" them, others seem to lose taste, and some that I used to like (but weren't really good for me anyway), I don't much like any more. Strangely enough, I haven't noticed a single instance of something that I didn't like before that *is* good for me being more likable. :rolleyes:

I'm headed for a nap; spent much of yesterday and today prepping for tomorrow morning's roadtrip back to BFE for the week. I may come back online this evening, or may just pull down and pack the puter stuff so there's a minimum to load up in the morning.

In either case, I should be back to see y'all by tomorrow evening at the latest. :rose:s and :kiss:s to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back