Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization

TxRad, if the strain is that old, it is probably an Afgani stock and would definitely mellow a person right out. The other one, I have never heard of.
 

Despite the move, however, the issue is not expected to be put up for a vote during the 2014 midterms. Instead, advocates have decided to wait until 2016, when a larger percentage of the population is engaged with the national election and when more money could be spent to push messages.

Speaking out in support of legalization, California’s Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom said the state has fallen behind public opinion since it first voted to approve medical marijuana, and the time has come to take the next step forward.

"It's time for all of us to step up and step in and lead once again in California, just as we did in 1996. We did just that with medical marijuana," he told convention attendees on Saturday, according to the Huffington Post. "But for almost 20 years now, we've sat back admiring our accomplishment while the world, the nation, and states like Colorado and Washington have passed us by. ... It's time to legalize, it's time to tax, it's time to regulate marijuana for adults in California."

Looming deficits may have something to do with this, maybe?
 
Not really, JackLuis, Jerry Brown has gotten us out of the financial mess that the Governator left us in. I prefer what he says about legalization in California, that we should wait and see how well it works in Washington and Colorado, before plunging into it all. He also said that we should take care not to lose our edge in the world market, due to being too stoned all the time. Recreational use is a whole new world and marketplace.
 
Not really, JackLuis, Jerry Brown has gotten us out of the financial mess that the Governator left us in. I prefer what he says about legalization in California, that we should wait and see how well it works in Washington and Colorado, before plunging into it all. He also said that we should take care not to lose our edge in the world market, due to being too stoned all the time. Recreational use is a whole new world and marketplace.

Well yes, but Gavin has to pump the contributions to insure that he follows Gov Moonbeam.
 
6047178648_5bcc2cf3d1_z.jpg




The House passed a bill to allow them to sue the President for not enforcing pot laws, citing "States Rights"... WTF?
 

But Kilmer’s heretical adherence to the facts cuts both ways: he made headlines again in 2012 when the book he co-authored, Marijuana Legalization: What Everyone Needs to Know predicted that a completely unregulated cannabis market would result in a market which could make joints profitably available for about 3 cents each. Kilmer’s book powerfully argued that the days of the forty dollar eighth were numbered, especially for a country in the throes of legalization.

(Emphasis mine)
 
I wonder if the recreational pot will cost less money than dispensary pot, and if the quality will remain as high or not? It remains to be seen.
 
My previous landlord was a real pain in the ass. Do you think I should have had my doctor prescribe a couple of fatties instead of moving everything to new digs?
 
JackLuis, when my husband was undergoing radiation treatments for the tumor he had removed from his brain, the radiologist said the only difference between marijuana and opium for pain relief was that he could prescribe opium. I found that very interesting, as I passed him a couple of my edibles to try out. Pain relief is often easier to achieve with a proper dose of edible pot.
 
I wrote and sponsored a resolution for my local Democratic party to legalize medical and decriminalize small possesion. in minnesota and support efforts nationwide. passed by a huge majority and sent on to th edistrict and state level. It will be a part of the Minnesota DFL platform this election cycle!
 
My previous landlord was a real pain in the ass. Do you think I should have had my doctor prescribe a couple of fatties instead of moving everything to new digs?
If he was a pain inyour ass, is that where you would put the fatties? I have a fatty? Sorry, couldn't resist.
 
robertreams, that is good work on your part and be sure to keep it up, we need all the help we can get to overcome this silly mess.
 

There will likely still be a niche for the Emerald Triangle growers who started it all, Nevedal believes, just as there has been for craft whiskey distilleries in post-Prohibition Kentucky. Growing really good weed is simply too much work and too much strain on the environment to make sense on an industrial scale. As it happens, Nevedal speculates, the Emerald Triangle might just end up where it started, providing artisanal dank for a high-end market. "The future," she says, "is the small family farm."

More info on impact of illegal farming.:(
 
That's us all over, the small family farm growing quality organic outdoor heirloom strains.
 
WATCH: Biologist explains how marijuana drives tumor cells to ‘suicide’

A December 2013 video that has been picking up attention in medical marijuana advocacy circles points out the benefits of the drug’s active ingredient in cancer treatments.

“We observed that the cannabinoids were very effective in reducing tumor growth,” molecular biologist Christina Sanchez said in the video, first uploaded by Cannabis Planet. “Cells can die in different ways, and after cannabinoid treatment, they were dying in the ‘clean’ way. They were committing suicide, which is something you really want.”
 
JackLuis, very nice articles, both of them. My daughter's boyfriend gave her a great vape pen for Christmas and we all had a fun time using it. Except for constantly having to clean it out, it was great. The taste of my excellent product shone through beautifully, just before the wonderful effects kicked in. I can see why they might cause reason for some to worry, so easy to use, anywhere.

It does not surprise me that marijuana derivatives can help cure cancer. Once I learned that smoking pot after a tobacco cigarette actually helped heal the damage done to lung tissue from tobacco, I understood it had miraculous benefits. The Tibetan monks who visit Mt. Shasta every year, love to mix their tobacco with marijuana and are most grateful to the local folks for their generous gifts.
 
I bought one of those E-Ciggy things a few months ago, but all but the peach flavored cartridges make me dizzy from one hit of nicotine. :(:eek:

I'm too cheap to buy a vape, but Zig Zags are $2 a pack! :eek:
 
As anyone who knows me knows, I'll all for legalizing dope and hemp. Think of the benefits. Are there risks, sure? I don't actually smoke pot myself. Makes my throat dry. But for those who might get some pain relief or just some reduction of stress, how is it worse than a good stiff drink?
 
Severus, try edibles, they are delightful in the right doses. Just make sure you know how strong they are before eating the whole thing. The result of too much edible marijuana is called dysphoria. What a great word for something that no one would want to experience. My MJ doctor told me the term, so I would know what to call it.
 
Back
Top