The 2016 Literotica Award Nominations: Most Literary--Genre Transcending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,678
In this category, please nominate the story that you feel was the most literary - the one that is so well-written that it would stand alone as a literary work in any context. Story must be currently on Literotica, and must have been submitted during the year 2016.
NOTE: if you do not name or link to the specific story, or if you name a series containing chapters posted prior or after 2016 without specifying a chapter published in 2016, your nomination will be disqualified.

One nomination per person, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.
 
Nomination

The Three Square Meals series by Tefler (https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2967464). This is a Sci-Fi story that is more than just another Sci-Fi story on an erotica site, but a novel among novels. With the current chapter count at 70 (62 chapters of which were posted during 2016) and counting, this story clocks in at more than 1 million words and is well on its way to being a contender for World's Longest Novel if it were to be picked up by mainstream publishing.

What makes this story even more transcendent is the fact that this is Tefler's first foray into writing, and that shows in the first few chapters, but looking at later chapters, you would never have guessed that Tefler had never written a literary piece before, as his writing has improved by leaps and bounds.
 
Prolonged_Debute10's Dark as Daylight

Very good sci-fi/ fantasy novel featuring a lot of science fact. Very enjoyable read. Is direct sequel to There Must Be a Mistake.
 
nomination

life as a new Hire by final stand

superb read, detailed plot, would be worth an award in mainstream in my humble opinion
 
My nomination is "Three Square Meals" by Tefler. It stands head and shoulders above anything else for standard of writing.
 
Ted Online by Magicwrtr

Whilst there is strong competition in this category (Tefler's Three Square Meals) I think that having a story thar started and ended in 2016 gives Magicwrtr the edge.

This story was different, well written and kept me engrossed as the storyline developed through the year. But what really set it apart was the way it blended typical scfi setups (aliens, tech etc) with a story for this year - at its heart is about tolerance and acceptance.

If you've not encountered it yet take a look, it was after finishing this that I found three square meals and they are both excellent.

As an horary mention I'd also recommend Paige by Mindsmirror for a smart take on that particular taboocategory.
 
[Arguing amongst participants, insulting nominees, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads. - admin]

But seriously, my nomination is seconded, The DreamCloud's "The Link"
 
[Arguing amongst participants, insulting nominees, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads. - admin]
 
[Arguing amongst participants, insulting nominees, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads. - admin]
 
Life as a New Hire, FinalStand

No offense to Tefler, whose work keeps me coming back to Lit lately, I nominate Life as a New Hire by FinalStand, who I signed up at Literotica to read in the first place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top