Best informative BDSM website?

lovely4s

Virgin
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Posts
1
I now there is a ton of information on here but it's not really in any sort of order so I was wondering if you guys know of any really well informed BDSM websites that cover most every part of the BDSM lifestyles. Not just B stands for this and D stands for this you know. More detailed.
 
I can't really recommend any sites, I don't think I've ever read any very extensively, but there is a Library thread here. It's a sticky right on top of this forum. Check that out for thematically categorized threads.
 
BDSM site's and articles tend to be rather focused and specific. Rather then there being a bunch of sites that explain everything that "BDSM" is, they are usually more focused on D/s or Master/slave relationships, or Bondage, or Sadomasochism and so on. Even within those specific subjects, there are sites that focus even more specifically on certain aspects of those.

Off the top of my head I can't remember too many sites, but I just dug up a site that has a good introduction to Rope Bondage specifically for someone else. Perhaps it will help you, too.

http://www.shibarilover.com/bondage101.htm
 
So funny, I had a list of sites-- can't find it. I'll get back to you on that.

But you can try googling for BDSM 101 to start
 
There are several resource websites:

Informed consent:

https://www.informedconsent.co.uk

Fetlife

https://fetlife.com/

They have discussion groups on particular subjects allowing you to get a lot of in depth information

Or search under Amazon in non fiction for some of the excellent books on sale

I joined fetlife the same day I joined here, and it is remarkably informative and supportive. There are also some good blogs out there bit I can't remember where or by who.
 
Honestly, based on my own experience learning about BDSM, I would strongly advise taking advantage of a community like Lit to just ask plenty of questions, then go and visit recommended sites...if you are really as uninitiated as it seems, just jumping into websites might be too hardcore/unsettling/etc if you don't understand a lot of what happens behind the scenes, if you get me. a lot of BDSM stuff can be very intense looking, even some of the lower-level stuff, and it helps to just have people who give a shit to explain/clarify/elaborate on things.

I mean, personally I'm happy to answer any questions i can, with as much detail as I can. :)
 
Back
Top