Amazing Tales: The Tablets of Xiuhcoatl. (Closed for Lexavier and IvoryValentine)

Led_Astray

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Posts
1,455
Amazing Tales: The Tablets of Xiuhcoatl. (Closed for Lexavier and IvoryValentine)

A pulp adventure tale somewhat inspired by the likes of Indiana Jones and others

Professor Albert Wilson Wickliffe sipped nervously at the warm gin-and-tonic, looking over the top of his glass at the elegantly dressed young lady on the other side of the table. He slipped a finger into the collar of his white shirt, trying to let in some cool air, but the air in the hotel bar was just as hot and sticky as the flesh inside his garment.

"She's late." he opined irritably to his young companion. The heat was making him extremely uncomfortable - as were the bold and to his mind inappropriate looks Miss Bedloe seemed to delight in teasing him with. He was a creature of England, of dull summers and dreary winters, and the tropical heat of Manaus, Brazil, was worse than anything he had experienced before. His carefully cut jet black hair was plastered to his skull with sweat and his handsome if bookish face was flushed.

He tried to avert his gaze from Miss Bedloe's beautiful, impish face, to read the newspaper in front of him, but he was unable to focus, his heat-addled wits barely taking in the story about some giant new airship those blasted Germans were showing off. "First flight of the Hindenberg!" declared the headline, brashly, but then what could one expect from a colonial paper? Exasperated, he tossed the New York Times onto the white linen tablecloth and gave voice to his concern.

"Are you sure this... person... is reliable?"
 
Last edited:
Alice Elizabeth Bedloe leaned back in her chair and took a sip of her Caipirinha as she watcher her companion from across the rim of her glass. The soft sound of a guitar being strummed as a young man sang about love in Portuguese drifted into the small private room the pair occupied. Unlike Albert, Alice was quiet comfortable. She loved traveling and had done a great deal with her Father when she was young.

"You know, professor, if you didn't dress so constructively you'd be much more comfortable." To make her point, Alice rubbed her neck where Albert's collar seemed to be choking him slowly, her skin bare and uncovered. Her hand slowly drifted down her collarbone to the edge of her flapper dress. She followed the neck line, down it's deep v to her breasts that formed a small valley where her fingers stopped for a moment before slipping into her lap. A smile played on her lips as she looked towards the door.

"She is very reliable. Father wouldn't have hired her if she wasn't skilled and trustworthy." Alice took another sip then rested the glass against her warm cheek. She closed her eyes as she felt the condensation running from the highball glass down her jaw, slowly down her neck then trailing down her cleavage. "Father trusts you as well professor. Should she question you as well?"
 
There wasn't a drop of perspiration on Evelyn Kinsey's forehead as she stood in the sun, gazing out across the plaza. Her bronze skin seemed to glow radiantly, but then, that's what you get for working and living out here. With a sigh, she turned to look at the grandiose double-door. She put on her guarded expression, ready to bear against the condescending glances of the wealthy patrons that stayed in a hotel such as this. She liked to think it didn't hurt, that was she was strong enough not to care, but secretly it probably did. Not that she ever wanted to fit into their world but it wouldn't hurt for them to have a look into hers once in a while.

She opened the door and strode straight through the lobby, her thick soled boots leaving behind a faint trail of muck on the white marble floor. Eve kept her eyes forward, ignoring all contact with anyone other than that of the man behind the desk. The disdain was evident but Eve wasn't about to give him the time of day.

"Bedloe party?" she rumbled, somewhat unceremoniously. She narrowed her eyes as the man made a show of sighing before directing her to one of the private rooms in the bar. Without another word, Evelyn took off, her blonde hair whipping about her face as she stormed through the room to reach the panel decorated door that lead to the private rooms.

She paused just outside and took a deep breathe to compose herself. Quickly she straightened her beige jacket, pulled her black vest top taut, adjusted the dark red bandana that was meant to be keeping her hair in place... and opened the door.

Slowly she entered, her eyes falling to the two sat opposite each other. A warm smile crept onto her soft face as she recognised the woman and she approached eagerly.

"Alice?! Is that really you? I knew I'd be working with someone close to your Father but I didn't expect him to send you along!" she grinned.
 
There was a shadow that fell across the marble doorway. The polished marble tiles reflected of someone outside the door then they stepped through and Alice found herself holding her breath. Even though she knew who her Father had hired as their guide, Alice helped make the decision, it still felt like a wonderful surprise. As soft giggle escaped her lips as she set her drink down and stood, not caring that her light silk flapper dress was clinging to her body.

"I couldn't very well let him send anyone else to Brazil, now could I?" With a smile from ear to ear, Alice rushed to her friend, her healed shoes barely touching the floor as she went. In 4 graceful strides, she was in front of Evelyn, Alice's arms quickly wrapping about her neck, pulling the guide into a friendly embrace. "Oh how I've missed you!" With a smile, the aristocrat stepped back a bit. "Let me look at you!" Evelyn's hair was longer and a little wilder and maybe her skin was more tanned but not much else had changed. "Just as I remember! You haven't changed a bit in 4 years."
 
Eve slid her arms about the younger girl and very nearly lifted her up, hugging her to her body tightly. The sweet smell of Alice's perfume drifted over her, instantly reminding her of that trip so many years before. They parted and Evelyn fell under the piercing scrutiney of her friend. Had it really been four years ago?

"Well neither have you!" she replied quickly, turning her own gaze to the seductive form before her. Alice had always been able to look gorgeous in anything, and that hadn't changed. Her appearance made Eve wish she'd put something prettier on, rather than her simple shorts and jacket. Still, at least it showed off her legs...

She glanced over at the man, and cocked her head to one side. "Now I was told to expect you, Mr Wickliffe." She tore herself away from Alice's lingering touch and walked up to Albert, offering her hand.
 
"THIS is our guide?" exclaimed Albert to himself. He had been trying to convince himself that he had been mishearing the feminine pronoun that Miss Bedloe had been using to describe the person that was to lead them through the uncharted amazonian wilds, but now he was confronted by the reality, Miss Kinsey in the flesh, so to speak.

And what flesh it was. Miss Bedloe was, of course, classically beautiful in a way that Miss Kinsey could not match, but there was something about the slightly older woman - an almost tangible aura of animal passion that allowed her to match Miss Bedloe's attractiveness without spending a fortune on hair, makeup and clothes.

The two women were, then, to his mind, equally lovely despite their differences. Miss Kinsey's hair was long, blond and wild, whilst Miss Bedloe's was short, dark, and perfectly styled. Miss Bedloe had the pale complexion of the idle rich, whilst Miss Kinsey's skin was bronzed by exposure to the Amazonian sun. Miss Kinsey's clothes were hard wearing, practical and stained, whilst Miss Bedloes were elegant and perfectly cut. And finally, Miss Bedloes figure was still quite girlish, slender and small breasted, whilst Miss Kinsey's lush curves were displayed rather too well for propriety in the tight vest top she wore.

All of this the English Professor of Ancient Civilizations was able to take in with ease as the two young women embraced, and there was an unspoken... something... between the two of them that caused a faint stirring in his loins.

Then, before he was quite ready for it, Miss Kinsey was holding out her hand and speaking his name. Rattled, he struggled to his feet, spilling a little of his G&T down his shirt as he stammered out a greeting. Stood up, he was clearly taller than either of the women, something accentuated by his thin body - a legacy of many meals forgotten whilst lost in a tome of ancient writings, combined with a lifestyle that cared little for feats of strength. He could have been described as a beanpole, were it not for the natural breadth of his shoulders.

"Mu Mu Miss Kinsey, I presume? You are, um I mean, ah, that is to say, um, you are not what I expected."

This youth is supposed to see us safely through the jungle? Good grief...
 
Last edited:
Grasping his hand firmly, the warm smile didn't falter. "Please, call me Eve." she responded. "I know I dont look much, but I've been trekking through jungles since I was little." She seized the opportunity to size up their professor. He had a certain charm, despite the slight nervous quiver. His tall figure and broad shoulders gave him a good figure even if he was a little thin. He'd probably look sexier once he got out of those clothes... now there was a thought...

Eve suddenly blushed and glanced back at Alice... and then she giggled. Eve knew exactly what Alice had been doing to the poor man, it had started already, just like last time. She wanted to laugh but stifled it, instead she just gave Alice a knowing look before casually wandering around the table and slumping down in a free chair.

"I've worked with Mr Bedloe before on a previous expedition, and that was successful, as I'm sure this one will be." she confirmed with a nod of her head. She turned to Alice. "Although I must admit your Father didn't really say much about it. I was told our general direction and to prepare a boat but that's about it." She glanced back at Albert once more, "I assume from the secrecy we'll be finding something of value?" she asked, lowering her voice.
 
Albert looked at Evelyn with disaproval as she treated the high class surroundings like the dingy downtown bars he assumed she frequented. "As you say..." he responded to her claims of competence, without bothering to hide the doubt in his mind.

However, as the young explorer asked the most pertinent question, the professor could not help but respond with animated, confident lecturing.

"Ah yes, the prize. You have, of course, heard of Cortez and his conquistadors, assuming you have had even the most rudimentary education, that is. Whilst doing some research on certain Aztec tribes in the university library - I won't bore you with the details, as you wouldn't have heard of them - I came across the diary of one of his men."

Albert paced the floor, and rattled off his speech with the air of one giving a presentation - which, in a way, he was, as he was pretty much repeating the pitch he had made to Miss Bedloe's eminent father verbatim.

"Well, to cut a long story short, in spite of what Cortez might have claimed, things were not as easy for him as all that. One community in particular proved strangely resistant to his armed men, in spite of their superior technology. A community led by a priest who came to be called Xiuhcoatl - a name which translates as "Weapon of Destruction."

"This diary describes how Cortez's army of press-ganged natives was driven back by sheets of golden flame 'akin to the fires of heaven itself' according to the diarist." Continued the Professor. "Cortez was simply not able, by any means, to defeat Xiuhcoatl's small band of tribesmen, and ordered all records of his humiliation destroyed. This one diary survived almost by chance, and by dint of a serious of remarkable events, founds its way intact to Oxford."

"One story is of course, just that, a story. But I have cross-checked with recorded Aztec legends, recorded histories, and various archaeological sources of evidence, and there is enough to convince me that whilst no doubt exaggerated, what Xiuhcoatl had was genuinely something rather special..."
 
Alice slipped to the door way and glanced both ways down the long hallway to make sure no one would be listening. The danger of someone robing then along the trek or trying to get to the treasure first was a real threat.

Eve took her seat unceremoniously. A smile played on Alice's lips. How she missed her friend. She was who she was and never tired to hide that. If anyone didn't like her, they could take a long walk of a short pier as far as Eve was concerned. She was strong and smart, she knew more than most when it came to her trade. She was trust worthy and loyal. Her eyes held secrets though that made Alice crave peering into them for hours.

The professor's lecture brought Alice out of her trance. She had heard it a few times already. He had even started to turn at the same place in his speech. but always he ended in the same spot. Only her father had heard the end. What ever he had said had enticed him enough to fund the expedition as well as supply the scholar with transportation from England on her father's yacht, and the insistence that she go too. Her Father wanted to know that Albert would follow through on their agreement.

"So you have said in the past, professor, but I have yet to hear what it is we are actually looking for." Alice commented as she passed behind him on her way to the table. Her hand sliding along his back as she passed. Taking a seat at the table, Alice crossed her arms on the white linen table cloth and leaned forward, listening intently. As she did, the v neck of her silk dress draped forward, giving Albert a view of her soft cleavage.
 
Eve gave the man a withering look that he seemed to miss as he launched into his speech. With a glance towards Alice who was acting rather conspiratorial, she leaned forward and listened intently to every word. It actually surprised her how strong his attitude had suddenly become. Before her eyes, he transformed into a being of supreme confidence and surety.

As he came to a close, Eve sighed. She didn't have the academic mind to truely comprehend what it was Albert was trying to say. It wasn't that Evelyn was stupid, far from it. Her skills were just more... practical. History lessons didn't help much in trying to survive a wilderness, or negotiate with villagers.. well.. maybe it could, but it hadn't helped her.

Eve looked up at Alice as she responded first, and was glad that she didn't have to ask that question. What were we really here for? She watched Alice, and noticed that slightest of touches, the way she sat down... Eve felt her own eyes drop to those soft curves. She looked away, fanning herself to conceal the grin that came to her lips.
 
Albert shivered slightly at Alice's deliberately provocative touch, and lthough his eyes could not help but be drawn to her perfectly formed cleavage he was able to continue his lecturing.

"Is it not obvious, dear girl?" he said condescendingly. "The tablets of Xiuhcoatl." He leaned forwards, and spoke in a low, conspiritorial voice.

"They could be a genuine supernatural artifact - though of course, that is not so very likely," he scoffed. "More likely, they are the details of some chemical process similar to Greek fire that was used as a weapon."

He leaned back again, and his face became more animated, his voice more alive, and his visage become more attractive as his enthusiasm warmed his face. "Or they might just be an account of the man and the tribe he led. But even that, the uncovering of archeological evidence of a complety unknown tribe of Aztecs, would be enough to ensure our expedition entered the annals of history. We would be as famous as Carnaven and Carter - Xiuhcoatl would be talked of as 'The south american Tutenkhamun' "

He stood, turning his tall frame to face Eve. "Assuming you can get us to where we need to go." he said, running his eyes over her curvaceous body.
 
The adventure was taking an intriguing turn already, but in her core Eve was worried. The inner turmoil didnt even register on her face as she contemplated the things Albert was suggesting. There were some pretty delicate tribes in and around the Amazon, and although she could lead this small group through them pretty easily, she hoped, if the expedition was successful then surely larger groups of researchers would come. That wasn't the worst thing that niggled her at her though, whoever this Xiuhcoatl and his tribe were, everyone had done a pretty good job at trying to forget his existence. Evelyn had a bad feeling about this.

Still, there was only one way to be sure. She brightened and smiled smugly. "Oh yes, I'll get you there. As I said, I have a boat standing by to take us up the Rio Solimões and then we'll have to go on foot once we reach our destination. It'll be slow going both on and off the water..." Eve glanced at Alice and her eyes sparkled as she smiled warmly. "So I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to catch up."
 
Last edited:
Alice smiled at Eve's comment. "Oh, I do hope so! i want to pick up right where we left off." she gave her friend a knowing wink as she thought back to the last time they had parted ways.

She and Eve had found entertainment in teasing the young men of their last expedition together. They would go swimming together, hold hands and share a hug or a kiss on the cheek. This drove more that a few of the men to distraction which only fueled the you women to continue. Till the last night when their teasing turned to something more. Their kisses lingered longer. Their touches were more deliberate. Their evening turned from two friends sharing a tent with girly giggles to passionate kisses and exploration above the waist. If they had time, maybe more would have happened. But the entertainment for being overseen by a young man who wanted both of them turned into the risk of being caught by Alice's father. Something he would have punished Alice for and fired Eve. Now that risk was out of the way. Alice wondered if Eve's breasts would feel as wonderful in her hands as she remembered.

With a smile, Alice grabbed her drink and tossed it back. She smiled across at Albert and wondered how her and Eve's friendship would effect the stiff collared professor. Would be be apposed or intreged. Either could be fun.

A shadow cast on the white marble caught Alice's eye, and fearing that someone might be spying on them, she announced loudly, "I'm famished.... and my glass is dry."
 
Having worked with innumerable young students in the course of his career - Miss Bedloe among them, of course - Albert was not unaware that there was something unspoken passing between the two ladies, but he was not sure of its nature.

He coughed slightly. "Very well, Miss Bedloe. We should go and see if our table is ready."

He stood quickly, and in a gentlemanly fashion eased Alice's chair back as she stood. He pointedly did not offer the same courtesy to Eve.

"But after that we must begin making plans - which must include Miss Kinsey taking us to somewhere in town where we can be properly outfitted for this expedition."
 
The less than innocent comment brought a little flush of colour to Eve's cheeks. Alice's intention was clear and Albert was obviously going to be the target for their little game this time. Her heart raced a little in her chest as her mind began to wander. But the catch in Alice's voice caused her to snap back to reality. This was still a dangerous job and it had only just started. Eve made herself promise to be cautious from here on, just in case.

She glanced up at Albert as he rose, frowning very slightly at his dismissive tone. With a deliberate roll of her eyes, she pulled herself to her feet, but she didn't try to hide the sly smile from her lips. When his life was in her hands, he wouldn't be quite so rude to her then, and perhaps when more than just Alice's life was in her hands... he'd be much more interested..

She looked to Alice. "I can go check on our boat and stuff if you like or...." she left the thought hanging. It sounded to her like Albert didn't want her to intrude on what was clearly a dinner for two, but for now anyway, it was what Alice wanted that mattered to Eve.
 
Alice chose to ignore Albert the same way he dismissed Evelyn. This wasn't England. They were in Eve's territory once they walked out of the posh hotel. The professor was going to get a hard lesson soon enough and Alice couldn't wait for Eve to teach him how things worked in the real world.

With a giggle, Alice turned to her friend and grabbed her hand from the edge of the table. The charge of excitement rushed through the heiress making her heart race. "Don't be silly Evelyn!" She said as she pulled the blonde guide towards the door. "If I know you, and I do, the boat has been pack, checked and rechecked twice." Alice said as she looped her arm around Eve's as the pair headed towards the doorway. "Why would I ask you to waste time on at tedious as that when there is decent food and wine to be shared."

As they reached the doorway, Alice looked over her shoulder at Albert, "Come along Professor. Let us fill your stomach full of the last meal you shall eat off of fine china for a while.... then we will get you out of your starched collar and suit.... and into something more fitting a true adventurer."
 
"No no, the meal has been booked for three..." Albert began to say before Alice took over and made his comment moot.

He flushed - he hadn't meant to sound so dismissive.

"I meant that after we have all eaten together we should all plan together." he added, plainatively. "And whilst I am not privy to the contents of Miss Bedloes wardrobe, I know that my own is sorely lacking in attire appropriate for a trip through the jungle. I shall need help getting properly outfitted, given that this is an unfamiliar town and I must confess to not speaking the local language."

He paused, and smiled slightly.
"At least, not any modern dialect of it."
 
Eve squeezed Alice's slender hand softly, so much more lady-like than her own slightly calloused hands. She couldn't help but grin infectiously as the girl led the way from the room. She was right of course, the last couple of days had been spent acquiring the resources and then packing the boat. She was on good terms with the captain, and had negotiated a reasonable price for his services.

Warmly, she turned to smile at Albert. Eve was not the kind of person to hold grudges or bad tempers and even if he thought her beneath his station, he'd come to respect her, that she was sure of. "I'm sure we can find the pair of you something suitable. This city is usually the first port of call for explorers and guides, so there's a good few shops with some useful gear. But be warned, they expect you to haggle a little." She winked at Alice cheekily. "I'm sure we can get a good price."

As they left the privacy of the bar, Eve felt that doubt and self-conciousness that the people in this place gave her. Instinctively, she walked closer to Alice, as if she could hide in the woman's confident aura. Her presence made Eve feel much calmer.
 
Alice smiled at both Eve and Albert. "Good! Now that we have a plan for after dinner, let's get to dinner. The last time we were here, the chef promised me a bottle of his finest port and I would hate to miss out on a fine wine."

As the trio walked through the restaurant to their private room, lead my a young man dressed all in white, Alice glanced towards the shadows that fell along the outer edges of the room. The heiress was comfortable in both this world and the one that would meet them out on the street. She had been raised privileged but her father had included more than educate and schollar studies to her education. Alice knew how to hold her own anywhere, without the use of money or fancy words. He also made sure she understood that these to worlds were never far apart, each wanting to take advantage of the other.

With a smile and her head held high, Alice marched Eve to the back room and waited for the young serving man to open the door. "I brought you something special from England Eve. Remind me later to give it to you. I have it packed in the bottom of my steamer trunk in my room."
 
Albert followed the two attractive younger ladies into the lounge, seeing the way they held hands so very comfortably, he was beginning now to have some suspicions about the nature of their relationship, but decided to ignore them.

One mustn't jump to conclusions, old chap... he told himself.

He cleared his throat, quietly and politely, to attract their attention, before speaking hesitantly with an apologetic smile.

"I, ah, am not sure of the etiquette. When one man dines with two ladies, whose chair should he pull out first?"

Does Miss Kinsey count as a lady? his inner self mocked, but he kept his doubts off his face and waited politely for some cue.
 
With darting eyes, Evelyn tried to take in all the splendor of the room. Everything was warmly decorated with plush silks and lavish trims. More and more she was feeling like she stuck out, and a deep seated dread about dinner slowly sat in the pit of her stomach. She swallowed and tried to look cheery, it wasnt hard when she looked at Alice and her smile. Her eyes lit up. She rarely got to go back to England and when she did, it was always on business. "Oh how wonderful!" she exclaimed. "I wont forget!"

Eve paused at the table to smell the soft flowers used as a centre piece. Some things she could get used to. She glanced up at Albert and couldnt help but return his smile with a grin of her own. She had sat herself at a table without aid for many years. She politely gestured to Alice, giving her a wink as she pulled her own chair out and tried to sit without slumping this time.

She looked down at that fear returned as she saw the variety of different cutlery all laid out in lines beside her plate. She'd just have to copy the others. Why did the rich need so much choice? She wondered to herself.
 
As the trio entered the private dinning room, Alice could feel both her companions become uncomfortable. Albert voice his concern about who's chair he should pull back first. With a smile, Alice watched Eve solve that issue by seating herself. "I think mine Professor." the heiress said as she glanced over her shoulder. As he stepped to walk past her, Alice slipped her arm around his, walking with the young man the last few steps to the chair just to the right of Eve.

As he pulled her chair out, Alice stepped in front of it. As she bent over to sit, she ran her hands slowly from the arch of her back down over her small, round bottom, pulling her dress tight as she sat.

Once seated Alice smiled over at Eve. Much to her dismay, her friend was looking rather nervous. She bit her lip in the way she did when she felt danger only instead of looking out into the forest or the dead of night during the graveyard watch, Eve looked down at the large spread of polished cutlery. Alice slipped her hand under the table, placing it gently on Eve's soft leg. She gave her a reassuring squeeze and whispered, "From the outside to the plate.... just follow me." With a reassuring wink, Alice let her hand slip off the beautiful woman's knee and placed them back on her own lap.

As Albert took his seat, their waiter entered, a dark blue bottle of wine in his white gloves.
 
Albert could not help but run his eyes over Alice's fine figure as she took a seat, and the sight of this young woman acting so provocatively could not help but send a tingle through his loins. He looked up, and found Eve watching him, a slight smile on her face, and he reddened slightly before quickly taking his own seat.

The wine-waiter automatically made a beeline for Albert, naturally assuming (albeit, in this instance, incorrectly) that he would be the authority on the choice of wine. He poured an inch of the dark red liquid into the bottom of the professor's glass.

Whilst no expert on wine, Albert had attended enough dinners to know what was expected of him. He picked up the glass, sniffed it delicately, tasted it, and then nodded approval.

The waiter quietly murmured "Very good, sir." and moved to fill Alice's glass and then Eve's, before returning to Albert and topping up his vessel silently and efficiently before gliding from the room.

Albert raised his glass. "A toast, then. To the success of our venture."
 
Eve jumped slightly as she felt the slip of fingers gently brush her knee. She smiled then, looking over at Alice as the girl filled her full of confidence. She guessed there would have to be some logical order to it all anyway. The whole occasion seemed very theatrical too, as she watched the waiter curiously. Once Albert had finished with tasting the sample and the gorgeously coloured liquid was passed around, Eve took up her glass.

Unceremoniously she was about to take a sip when Albert raised his in toast. The glass paused before she too raised it and she grinned once more. "To our success... and rekindling friendships." She added with a sly look at Alice. Whatever happened on this venture she was sure she'd never forget it.
 
Alice raised her glass and a broad, mischievous grin graced her face. "To our success in the up coming trek..... and all that we discover along the way." She gave Albert a wink as she raised the glass to her ruby lips, glancing over at Eve with a smile.

A second waiter entered with a small stack of hard covered menus. "Good evening Master and Ladies." He said as he handed each of the three guests a menu. Without another word, he stepped back by the door, waiting the group to make their decision.

Though it all looked good, Alice's mind was far from food. She was so excited to be on their way, finally. The true start to this trip began when they left the city. Alice longed for the feel of a pair of cargo shorts and a tank top. The feeling of the sun on her skin. The smell of the jungle. Exotic flowers. The sound of animals and all sorts of birds calling out warning of their arrival. The nights around a camp fire and the sound of rain on her tent. A slight blushed tinted her cheeks as she remembered her last stay in the tent with Eve and how she hoped to continue where they had left off.

"I'll have the chicken." the heiress said as she shut her menu and set it on her plate as she reached for her wine again. She didn't really care what she ate and it was the dish listed in the center of the menu.
 
Back
Top