Use of mom vs. stepmom in plot

jack30341

Really Experienced
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Posts
469
What kind of difference does it make in a plot if the female character is a stepmom rather than a mom?

Some? A lot?

Is it more credible if there isn't a blood relation, or does the story lose some zing, because it's not as titillating when there is no blood relation?

Wondering. ...
 
It's a very good thought and I think there will be two opinion.
For me, I like incest, and I would feel a special kink to read it as mom. The thought of blood relation brings a kink for me.
But, the story might be more realistic with a stepmom. With no blood relation, something between them is not as taboo as real mother and son.
 
What kind of difference does it make in a plot if the female character is a stepmom rather than a mom?

Some? A lot?

More than a lot. All the difference in the world, at least in the Western cultures with which I am familiar. Fucking bio-mom has MUCH more severe implications than fucking step-mom. Fucking step-mom is pretty acceptable, storywise and socially, especially if step-mom is rather younger than bio-dad and not much older than the child. The don't-fuck-bio-mom taboo is pretty strong.

There are also different implications depending on the child's gender. Think about the storylines generated when step-mom fucks a boy vs fucking a girl. Also, who seduces whom? Think on that.

Is it more credible if there isn't a blood relation, or does the story lose some zing, because it's not as titillating when there is no blood relation?

The blood-relation taboo is what gives it zing. Assuming all parties are consenting adults, fucking a step-relation almost belongs more in EROTIC COUPLINGS, or even ROMANCE or MATURE, than in INCEST-TABOO, especially if the step- relationship is fairly recent. Did step-mom enter the scene when the child was six, or sixteen? The time there makes a big difference.
 
The observations from Hypoxia seem spot on to me. Great question.

When I wrote a story in this area I could not do incest between biological mother and son, too "not sexy" for my tastes and desire to write an erotic story. To me this would be tragic and dysfunctional. I admit I do not get the "zing" so I used step-mom instead. I think there is palatability to it even though I struggled with the innate betrayal between father and son, wife and husband, etc.

When I wrote I wanted the challenge to write in this taboo, but I wrote to keep it erotic and retain the implicit tragedy. For me step-mom kept it balanced in a way I did not find a real mom would. So yes, I found a very meaningful difference between the impact of one versus the other. To a purist of incest fiction mine was perhaps a let down but I found the romance in it because it was not true incest, I could empathize with the two lovers and the tragedy of their desires and its dangers.
 
It's scientifically known that people are generally not sexually attracted to people that they live with while growing up (i.e. generally immediate family). (Though on the flip side, it's also known that people are very sexually attracted to immediate family members if they meet for the first time when they are older.)

If you want to trend more towards realism, something you can believe might happen in real life and not just in a porn story, stepmom is the way to go, assuming Dad remarried when the son was already older. If you want to go for sizzling taboo that excites on the basis of how wrong it feels, then mom.

Same would go for sister versus step-sister or next door neighbor girl.
 
It's a very good thought and I think there will be two opinion.
For me, I like incest, and I would feel a special kink to read it as mom. The thought of blood relation brings a kink for me.
But, the story might be more realistic with a stepmom. With no blood relation, something between them is not as taboo as real mother and son.

I feel the same. Reading as a blood relation gets me so much more involved in it then if it where the opposite. I think it being so much more taboo is what gets me.

I do still enjoy a story if it is with a stepmom, but it just doesn't have quite the same feeling to me, but I do agree that its more realistic and that element might cater more to peoples tastes.
 
Last edited:
If you want to do step mom put it in the mature section. It won;t get as much heat as it would in incest.

A lot of places do not allow incest stories so when people come here to the incest section of lit they expect their kink to be filled. Step stories can be read in many places.

Including here, but they have more success in mature because honestly a step mother is not much more than a cougar/milf who happens to live with you.
 
I am about to submit (among others) two stories I've been sculpting. THAT'S MY GIRL features inadvertent father-adult-daughter incest (they've been separated for decades and don't know their relationship), and also deliberate step-sister incest. THE GOSPEL OF RUTH: BEFORE RUTH features explicit deliberate mother-daughter-son incest. GIRL is IMHO more poignant; RUTH has more bite and wider scope. The different relationships lend different effects to the stories. Hmmm, maybe I'll work a step-mom into future RUTH episodes, play with that dynamic there. Stay tuned.
 
For realism I go with step mom or step dad or even father in law and mother in law which does happen.
 
Back
Top