Insomniac's Corner

The 1% know something- therefore, they are willing to kill off the human race, because it will not survive, anyway.

They are putting money into temporarily saving species of animals. But they poison the 99% with toxic chemicals.
They wreck the genetics of certain populations. It does not matter to them. They wreck the genetics of food crops.

A tool made by human hands, 2.3 million years ago- Grass grew, 10 million years ago- We used to live in the forest.
 
Mother/mother , is the name of God/god
on the lips and hearts
of all children
- Eric Draven
 
"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." Women do seek to be better than men, at the jobs they compete for.

Women outnumber men in the workforce, for a reason. Women prove, over and over again- That kindness, caring, consideration
and cooperation, are the keys to efficiency, higher profits, less waste.

Year after year, the bean counters decide that treating people well, and letting the worker bees have a decent life, is too expensive.

But the bean counters never decide that the CEOs are sucking away too much money.

They never say the executives are wasting money, and throwing people away.
 
I'm Severusmax, and I'm an insomniac.

And right now, my stepson is driving me up the wall. :mad:
 
Honey Badger, does not give a fuck. Right?

Would Honey Badger, sink so low, that he would rob people attending an American burial ceremony in a cemetery?

(Would he open the coffin, and steal from the corpse?)
 
No insomniacs tonight? Come on, really? How can I lurk if no one is here posting funny, random crap that makes me smile?

I mean crap in the most endearing manner, of course.
 
Internet went down for a short time....but I used that moment to read more of George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings. :D
 
How did the invasive species reach the shores of the United States? Japanese tsunami. Oh fuckkkk
 
I do not usually watch Jay Leno's show. But, the accents and wardrobe of the guests caught my attention. Was that Terry Bradshaw,
singing a duet with a young lady ? Ernie Brown, Jr. (aka the Turtleman) , Neal James and Terry were chatting up a storm.
 
I do not usually watch Jay Leno's show. But, the accents and wardrobe of the guests caught my attention. Was that Terry Bradshaw,
singing a duet with a young lady ? Ernie Brown, Jr. (aka the Turtleman) , Neal James and Terry were chatting up a storm.

thankfully i missed that.

watching 'your highness' while eating cereal. turns out it's quite a funny movie.
 
Received for publication 17 December 2010.
Accepted for publication 7 February 2011.

The Buttermilk Creek Complex and the Origins of Clovis at the Debra L. Friedkin Site, Texas

Compelling archaeological evidence of an occupation older than Clovis (~12.8 to 13.1 thousand years ago) in North America is present at only a few sites, and the stone tool assemblages from these sites are small and varied. The Debra L. Friedkin site, Texas, contains an assemblage of 15,528 artifacts that define the Buttermilk Creek Complex, which stratigraphically underlies a Clovis assemblage and dates between ~13.2 and 15.5 thousand years ago. The Buttermilk Creek Complex confirms the emerging view that people occupied the Americas before Clovis and provides a large artifact assemblage to explore Clovis origins.

Spear Points Found in Texas Dial Back Arrival of Humans in America
March 24, 2011

If the migrations began at earlier, pre-Clovis times, moreover, extensive glaciers probably closed off ice-free interior corridors for travel to the warmer south. Archaeologists said this lent credence to a fairly new idea in the speculative mix: perhaps the people came to the then really new New World by a coastal route, trooping along the shore and sometimes hugging land in small boats. This might account for the relatively swift movement of the migrants all the way to Peru and Chile.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/science/25archeo.html?pagewanted=all

July 2, 2012

One day in 1991, high in the thin, crystalline air of the Peruvian Andes, Lonnie G. Thompson saw that the world’s largest tropical ice cap was starting to melt. It was the moment he realized that his life’s work had suddenly become a race.

Dr. Thompson, 64, is one of the most prominent of the generation of scientists who, in the latter decades of the 20th century, essentially discovered the problem of global warming. Now those scientists are beginning to age out of the field. Many of them say they grapple with the question of how hard to keep pushing themselves. Could one more finding or one more expedition help turn the tide of public awareness?

“His evidence dismisses the idea that this is some sort of 300-year or 500-year cycle, which is what the skeptics and the deniers want to say. You say: ‘No, because Lonnie’s ice didn’t melt then. It’s melting now, but it didn’t melt then.’ ”

Colleagues say Dr. Thompson neglected his own health in pursuit of his science. Now, largely confined to his office and home in Columbus, he said he has begun to appreciate the clarity afforded him by his circumstance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/03/s...//json8.nytimes.com/pages/science/index.jsonp

One of the greatest achievements of modern climate science was the recovery of ice cores in Antarctica that allowed a detailed reconstruction of the earth’s climate for the past 800,000 years. Dr. Thompson suspects an even longer record could be recovered by drilling at the right spot in Tibet.

Last year, he pulled strings in Russia and asked for an astronaut on the International Space Station to photograph a certain ice cap. A Chinese scouting party has already checked it out, and drilling a core seems possible, if he regains his strength.
 
Someone constructed a chair, that became the President of the United States of America. The chair had telepathic abilities.

Clint Eastwood was seen making a verbal response, to the chair on a televised broadcast.
 
The strange tales that are told to children- fairy stories, witches, monsters, ghosts, ogres, goblins.
In the past, the stories were conveyed in a form that does no damage or harm to a child's mind.
2012- There is a guide to what a child should be protected from- there is a point in a child' life,
when they are not yet able to tell fantasy apart from reality. Bad dreams, night terrors, came
without seeing dreadful things in waking life. The price paid, for developing beyond an animal's
simpler existence. Animals dream and whimper- do they wake from nightmares, shaken and unnerved ?
 
The poems, from childhood-
The Man That Was'nt There
[At the top of the stair]
{It rhymes very well, with empty chair}
 
Back
Top