Cammers

R. Richard

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Posts
10,379
It looks like a new form of Internet dating.

Inside the world of 'cammers' - amateur porn stars who work from home
From NEWS.COM.AU

Armed with a webcam, 24-year-old Nikki can make upwards of $300 for a few hours a week "camming" from the comfort of her own home.

Camming is amateur porn movie-making and it's the most recent addition to the porn industry.

All you need to make it is internet access, a web cam and, of course, a willingness to "perform" - anything from various sexual acts to simple conversations with strangers, who'll pay you.

Nikki told us that along with the money, she considers the anonymity one of the biggest advantages of camming.

"I couldn't have sex for money. Sex for me is private and personal but camming means that only the people that pay for it see it," she said.

"Customers log into the free chat area and negotiate a price. I charge around $4 a minute for a private show, which means between eight to 20 people can log on and see it. I also do exclusive shows, just one-on-one."

According to a recent article in The Daily Mail, 'camming sites' like the one Nikki works for are presenting a real threat to the world's professional porn video makers, who are estimated to be worth around $5 billion a year.

Unlike more traditional sex workers, cammers work for themselves. They're independent operators, who negotiate their own terms and can easily ban any unwanted attention. Also, aside from the exchange of credit card numbers, their clients are anonymous.

Nikki uploads her content to offshore cam' sites because, as far as she knows, it would be illegal for her to produce and market her content here. She told news.com.au there were a huge range of camming sites on offer in America and Europe, each with their own rules and regulations.

Nikki said she advises other girls interested in the industry to choose their sites wisely as each also differs in terms of how they look after the cammers. They also vary in terms of how much "cut" they take from the cammers - anything from 40 to 80 percent.

"The first site I worked for was Free.com and I felt really exploited. Even though the policy said the site did not allow full nudity, I know there were other girls on there who agreed to do stuff like that all the time. And nobody stopped them," she said.

"The other problem was the support system. When something went wrong, I'd email the support line only to hear back in a couple of days with an automated response. When I did some research I found that that whole side of things had been moved to the Philippines," she said.

Feeling safe is a major priority. The new site Nikki works for, which she prefers not to name, offers a mentoring-type service for the cammers. Instead of the automated response, when Nikki feels uncomfortable due to unusual requests or abusive comments, she speaks directly to a real woman for help and even advice
 
New? Bwahahaha!

I was on the nudie cam sites in the late 90s. I've been an admin ( virtual bouncer ) for almost as long.

They're just now noticing it? A little late. They heyday when a girl could actually make solid money ( An average of $600 a week after taxes ) is long gone.

There are too many sites and too many girls nowadays. The guys are spread too thin, and the guys with money who are willing to spend are even thinner.
 
“I couldn’t have sex for money”?

Laughing my ass off.

Sorry, but the many ways we fool ourselves, you know? :rolleyes:
 
New? Bwahahaha!
( An average of $600 a week after taxes ) is long gone.

Taxes ? What's that?
Any Tax Authority could be argued to be 'living off immoral earnings' (which is one reason why the UK still has a problem).


“I couldn’t have sex for money”?
Laughing my ass off.
Sorry, but the many ways we fool ourselves, you know? :rolleyes:

A very good point!
:rose:
 
“I couldn’t have sex for money”?

Laughing my ass off.

Sorry, but the many ways we fool ourselves, you know? :rolleyes:

I heard one cam girl say that she wouldn't do porn, as she stuffed herself with an 8 inch dildo.
 
I heard one cam girl say that she wouldn't do porn, as she stuffed herself with an 8 inch dildo.

If standards are good double standards must logically be even better ;)

I get a similar reaction when I hear a celebrity trophy-wife promote family values and the sanctity of marriage despite the fact that she's basically a single-client prostitute herself.
 
Y'all just don't understand cam girls or the madness that is nudie chat :p

Things like "I don't do porn" or "I won't have sex for money" are statements that are meant to answer specific questions ( preemptively in many cases ) that come up a thousand times a night.

Such as:

"Are you in any porn flicks?", and "Can we hook up and fuck for real?"

On the surface, those kind of statements are ridiculous, but in context, it's not so crazy. They're telling guys "You can play with me here all you want, but don't bother looking for me on Brazzers or expect me to meet you at the Motel 6."
 
Y'all just don't understand cam girls or the madness that is nudie chat :p

Things like "I don't do porn" or "I won't have sex for money" are statements that are meant to answer specific questions ( preemptively in many cases ) that come up a thousand times a night.

Such as:

"Are you in any porn flicks?", and "Can we hook up and fuck for real?"

On the surface, those kind of statements are ridiculous, but in context, it's not so crazy. They're telling guys "You can play with me here all you want, but don't bother looking for me on Brazzers or expect me to meet you at the Motel 6."

Some of them can be found on Brazzers.

The ones that say "I don't have sex for money" make a lot more sense if all they are doing is playing with themselves. But the ones that say they don't do porn are just deluding themselves.
 
Some of them can be found on Brazzers.

The ones that say "I don't have sex for money" make a lot more sense if all they are doing is playing with themselves. But the ones that say they don't do porn are just deluding themselves.

Yes, they're all in denial that finger-banging yourself in front of people is pornography :rolleyes:

Within the industry, the girls on cam are typically described as "models". I suppose you think they all believe they're one step from a runway in Paris and the cover of the next Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, too?

"Porn" within the cam industry just means something different than it does to you. It's a word that is - for the most part - used exclusively to reference x-rated movies, as opposed to live-streaming.

You call it soccer, they call it futball.

You call it football, and they say that oblong thing that you call a "ball" rarely touches a foot :p
 
Back
Top