The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,

HP, they are forecasting a 50/50 chance of snow and freezing rain here for Friday afternoon/evening. It has been drizzling all day, today. I had to make a run to town. Not one of my better ideas.I had forgotten how bad people drive around here.

Fresh coffee for those in need.

My cold is hanging on but barely. Another day or two I'm assuming. Housemate is much better and houseguest went home to her place for a few days. I think I'll be in bed early tonight.

No, no, the snowstorm hits on Sunday. That's when I'm in concert that's been in practice for two months.

Hypoxia, my friend in Florida said it felt more like and elephant sitting on her chest than someone stomping on it. This lady would know about weight on her chest as she had a rather well endowed one.
I'm in hospital overnight for observation. Just had the internal photo op that found nothing wrong, so no stent. Whew. That means the next step is ablation, carving new pathways along cardiac muscles, like etch-a-sketch for real.

They haven't yet told me when I can take tea, coffee, wine. Sadistic swine!

I'm in hospital overnight for observation. Just had the internal photo op that found nothing wrong, so no stent. Whew. That means the next step is ablation, carving new pathways along cardiac muscles, like etch-a-sketch for real.

No stent....hurray!!

Evening all,

HP, they are forecasting a 50/50 chance of snow and freezing rain here for Friday afternoon/evening. It has been drizzling all day, today. I had to make a run to town. Not one of my better ideas.I had forgotten how bad people drive around here.

Fresh coffee for those in need.

Our Met people have cast their runes and mixed up the "eye of newt, tongue of bat" and all that, and reckon that we're in for a very unpleasant few days. Temperatures as high as 30F, and a wind blowing off the mountains of Siberia or the North pole.

Thank you kindly for the coffee; it is most welcome at this time.

Presumably when they've finished messing about.
Fingers crossed.

Sadistic swine. Ah, I see you go to the same brand of horsepital I go to.

That calls for a whole new version of that old song, "Mucking around with your heart."

Hang in there, good coffee comes to those who wait.

Speaking of good coffee, I should make a fresh pot before HP freezes in place.

Snowstorm in Virginia? Say it ain't so, SR.

From the weather reports from around the world, I'd say winter has arrived. Although I think the "Throw another log on the fire" has gotten out of control in SoCal. I hope everyone stays safe.

I've considered that myself. Sneaking an 'uke might be difficult. Maybe I'll try a harmonica or kazoo or jews-harp.

Wait! I have a little solid-walnut ocarina that's a neck ornament. I'll pretend it's jewelry. I can pipe a plaintive rendition of Your Cheating Heart or Ray Charles' Unchain My Heart or maybe that C&W classic You Done Walked On My Heart (And You Stomped That Sucker Flat).

I'm auful glad I ain't anywhere near you in the hospital. The thought of a "jew's harp" going twong, twang is too much.
Think of "Rio Lobo" [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaMoDIRgeqE ],
somewhere about 1 35: 48.

In the interim, I think some coffee is in order.

From the weather reports from around the world, I'd say winter has arrived. Although I think the "Throw another log on the fire" has gotten out of control in SoCal. I hope everyone stays safe.

We got a little snow on the mountain over night, but none of the predicted flurries made it to town.

OK. It's after tea round here and the wind is getting up.
Batten the Hatches, secure the guns; we're in for a bit of excitement.
Meanwhile - COFFEE

After a nap, I always have coffee. :)

Light rain, sleet, snow. I think I'll shoot the weatherman early and stop all this madness.

Round here it's a brisk wind, and occasional rain.
Simply not nice.
I feel that a warm fire good book and a nice mug of tea might be the right thing.

It's frigging snowing it's happy ass off. Not sticking but I'm afraid that will change as the night goes on. The temp was freezing a few hours ago and ain't going to get no warmer.

Housemate, check. Houseguest, check. Hot chocolate, apple cider, and coffee. Check. Heat set, check. Time to snuggle down and wait it out.

Fresh coffee for the evening crowd. Y'all be careful out there.

"Stand by for an Official Announcement;
It's bloody snowing and has been for the last 3 or 4 hours."
Now, come on Weather gods, this is no fun. I have some shopping to do!.

So:
Thermostat; Check,
Kettle; full,
Dry goods stocks; Check,
Fuel for the fire (emergency supplies); check

But for now: COFFEE.

I'm auful glad I ain't anywhere near you in the hospital. The thought of a "jew's harp" going twong, twang is too much.
Think of "Rio Lobo" [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaMoDIRgeqE ],
somewhere about 1 35: 48.
I could improvise a mouth bow. A bamboo back-scratcher and a spare wire string is all I need.

Meanwhile, weather back here at home in the central Sierras Nevada is on the cool side but not yet nippy, except when the wind blows, which it does, too strongly. No moisture here to blow down to southern California where it's frantically needed. None of my old neighborhoods are burning now (that's happened before) but a few favorite campsites will need a few years to regrow.

I'm dreaming of coffee-flavored caramels. Yes, I'm desperate.

I could improvise a mouth bow. A bamboo back-scratcher and a spare wire string is all I need.

Meanwhile, weather back here at home in the central Sierras Nevada is on the cool side but not yet nippy, except when the wind blows, which it does, too strongly. No moisture here to blow down to southern California where it's frantically needed. None of my old neighborhoods are burning now (that's happened before) but a few favorite campsites will need a few years to regrow.

I'm dreaming of coffee-flavored caramels. Yes, I'm desperate.

The Weather gods seem to have listened; it's stopped snowing.
Hoo - bloody - ray !
More coffee !!!!!

Hoo - bloody - ray !
More coffee !!!!!

No snow but freezing, cloudy and grey with wind gusts. Coffee and writing today. Working on my novella and a chapter for lit. And looking forward to Xmas and my Xmas present. Lots and lots of books. And my partner got this thing about boats so I ordered him George Beuhlers "Troller Yacht" book - that should make him happy. I've got to read up on what they are next. His website looks fascinating.

Hoo - bloody - ray !
More coffee !!!!!
I distrust the weather gods. Fickle beasts, they are. I attended the Easter Sunday 1967 Human Be-In at Elysian Park, Los Angeles. The sky was ominous. Candle-powered balloons haunted the clouds. Feeling possessed by native spirits, we performed an anti-rain dance. Did the Weather Gods take heed? Hard to say.

I may try to sneak some decaf tomorrow. Should wear the blood-pressure cuff before and after, hey? If there is an 'after'. :devil:

I distrust the weather gods. Fickle beasts, they are. I attended the Easter Sunday 1967 Human Be-In at Elysian Park, Los Angeles. The sky was ominous. Candle-powered balloons haunted the clouds. Feeling possessed by native spirits, we performed an anti-rain dance. Did the Weather Gods take heed? Hard to say.

I may try to sneak some decaf tomorrow. Should wear the blood-pressure cuff before and after, hey? If there is an 'after'. :devil:

Fickle beasts indeed. Did the snow all melt and go away in the proper manner ?
No.
And it's still bloody cold!
OK, guys & gals, where's the coffee pot gone ?
<produces flask of emergency supply>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back