Pocket Kingdoms and Little Empires a Napoleonic Wargame OOC

If I may be so rude as to intrude with a possibility? I've just returned from an extended hiatus... and I must say, I always find a game of politics and tactics intriguing.

Name: Hammuri Sahin
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Nationality: Ottoman Turkish. A loyal servant of The Empire, there is very little that could ever cause him to doubt or betray it. His current local in Athens.

Ethnic Background: Colonial Turkish. I was thinking he gained his status by converting he local inhabitants to Islam and getting them to pledge loyalty to The Empire, which caught a few eyes in Istanbul.

Physical Description: Somewhat rough-hewen, he still carries the general heir of a colonial gentleman. His facial features are rather angular, he keeps his black hair well-combed, and has the start of a curly mustache. He stands about 6' 1", and has a solid, dependable build.

Personality: Hammuri is the sort of man who sees himself as part of a bigger whole, rather then seeing that whole as a tool to him. His patriotism to The Empire is extremely strong, but unlike some others, he sees it as almost sacrilegious to overplay it for political gain. On a more personal level, though, he prefers to keep things in neat order, where all the numbers add up and he knows what he can expect from people. He's not afraid to try new things ways of looking at or doing things... except when it comes to those greatly "lesser" trying to demand equal say (by the standard of the day).

Skills: During his time in the colonies, Hammuri was trained in the ins and outs of colonial politics and estate management... after all, he was expected to inherent the family property and history after his father passed away. Alongside this, of course, came a solid basis in diplomacy, accounting, agriculture, and human resource management. He further expanded on his social skills, and is starting to grasp military tactics after being given his position in the Ottoman army, but with his campaign experiences consisting of only leading irregulars, he's still extremely shaky on conventional European-style tactics.

His langues skills are also a bit subpar for most commanders. He speaks Turkish and Greek, like most local citizens, and the langue of tribes local to the Turkish colonies.

Career Path: His time in the colonies was mostly one working with the education with his father, learning both by book and more hands-on situations (such as doing some accounting work or working as a field overseer.) Over time, he grew a passion for interacting with the natives, which lead him to become somewhat of a trade facilitator and part-time missionary to the groups. Since his transference to the Ottoman mainland,

Family Background: His family is hardly of noble stock... or any powerful authority for that matter. Indeed, before they were resettled in The Empire's oversea's colony four generations ago, they were simple shipwrights. Of course, they do have a rather impressive reputation in the colonies; every generation has had a member holding a local leadership position at some time or another, and since their emigration have spent their years building up a fine indigo and cotton plantation.
 
((Hmm, I don't know how this has happened, but I have missed quite a few posts. Perhaps my email had indigestion. That and I've been so busy that I haven't had time to look at what was going on. Sorry if I've been holding anything up.))

((Should I post my correspondence here or on the IC thread now that it's up? I still haven't gotten to read that yet. Perhaps I'll post it in both to cover my bases.))

((FYI everyone, this sort of RPing/wargaming is new to me, so be gentle if I mess up. Or spank me. ;) ))

((Oh dear, I am waaay out of my element in all this. I fear my char can only supply R&R and the occasional bit of gossip or intrigue.))

((To top it all off, I think I am coming down with something :( I hope I will feel better tomorrow but right now I just want to bang my hard against the wall to make the pain stop. I pulled a muscle in my back. I will try to think of something to write for the IC thread...))


@Harem

Mdme Dumonde,

Excellency, I will entreat your kindness and ask that you do, indeed, see to my affairs in the Lancaberis Inn. I can find no more fitting justice than to offer my poor late partner's share of the profits to your grace. I trust the additional income shall be very welcome in these troubling times since Mssr. Napoleon wreaks havoc on our noble compatriots and taps our resources for the benefit of his ambition.

Indeed, you must accompany me at my estate ere in Galicia, I absolutely insist! There is an activity ocurring on the 15th of this month of the kind I think you will find most endearing to your appetites. I would encourage you to bring one fine gown for dining and don't trouble yourself with more baggage. All shall be provided.

I eagerly look forward to your arrival, my cadet shall ensure your safe arrival.

Tenderly,
Col. Renier, Galicia


@ThinkerLover

My Sweet Colonel,

Even as I write this, a few of my most trusted servants have been dispatched to look into the situation at the Inn. I expect to give you happy news indeed when we meet on the 15th. You are right as always, in that the income from Lancaberis will be most appreciated.

I have begun Cadet Michel's education as you have asked. I must say, he has taken to it with a passion. His determination and stamina is surprising in one of his age who usually treat education fo this sort as a race to the finish. The first few days, I had to force him to eat and sleep for he was forever wanting to spread my books. I trust you will see a great change in him when we meet.

[She laughed when Renier said she had no need to trouble herself with baggage. She thought he knew women better than that. But she vowed to travel light thinking there might be more to be inferred if she only needed one fine dress. There were still her jewelry and makeup to consider.]


The hours drag until we meet again.

Fondly,
Lady Sophia
 
Last edited:
Yes welcome I will update your profiles when I do the turns in the next few days...A extra long shift today, but I'm told in the days to come I will have a little more time. I'm exhausted right now but needed to check in...

Yes feel free to post letters in your turn and here at the OOC.

Nice to have a new interested party, but others who expressed interest are you out there?
 
An open invitation

If anyone is intersted, I left an open RP opportunity for anyone who wants to come together at Leopold's coronation in Berlin.
 
I think a Russian would go to the coronation. It would be a chance to rub shoulders with European elite, maybe establish some alliances or trade...

Sophia will be there with bells on :)
 
Good point. Aso, are we going to have an order of posts? And for Mantra, at the coronation, will it be alright if our characters interact eith each other, including yours?
 
Good point. Aso, are we going to have an order of posts? And for Mantra, at the coronation, will it be alright if our characters interact eith each other, including yours?

Of course! That was the whole purpose of my leaving an opening for everyone. :) The only thing would be if Jagged wants us to interact here in this thread or in the RP thread.

As to your first point about a Russian in Berlin, in our real history, many of the imperials and royals at that time were related in some way. Mostly cousins through marrage, but still family. Even though many were political rivals and occasionally even enemies, they still regarded each other as the ruling elite.


Sophia; You are welcome to attend but... what if the bells come off? :eek:
 
Surviving Crisis

Please excuse my absents, but I only just recovered power in my area. I will get to posting once time allows, but tonight the hour is late. I am tired, but I wish to do more with this interesting roleplay, and I hope you all do as well. I hope all are well.
 
Glad you are back and everything is ok. I was hit by the storm as well, but luckily no suffered no damage. Just had no power for two days.
 
I am glad you guys are all okay. Not much happened to me, just strong winds and heavy rains, no damage or power loss.
 
Power is back and slowly getting back to normal. Should be able to post this week, perhaps tomorrow. Just dealing with a lot of emergencies. Luckily not really many for myself. Thanks for your patients. I have a lot of good ideas in mind for the next turns.
 
Stay with me...power is back on as I said, but work is crazy. Should get some time soon so I can up date the thread. I'm sorry for my excuses, and please don't think I'm wasting your time. I launched this thread of every intention of regularly updating it, but several things changed. I hope things will level out shortly. I'm disappointed in myself, and feel bad for letting all you lovely people down.
 
It is not just you. Out of about 6 people, only 3 have posted in the IC thread. It is kind of disappointing that the others haven't posted,after all of our discussion.
 
Yes I know sadly you'll find that happens often with group threads. Lot's of interest but you find the starting line is empty. I won't let you down though, it's just a matter of timing. My advice is never set limits to how many people you involve and try not to cast central roles. You never know what will happen to people...some reasons are very good others well not so much.


Thanks for your support.
 
I'm still here! RL just bitch-slapped me for awhile. I hope it's done now. I'm running to check the IC thread in case I missed anything.
 
Perhaps a relaunch is necessary...I enjoyed rereading these posts. Would like a way to make this easier to manage for all. It's a good thread...but regardless this isn't the end of Jagged. There is still so much left to write.
 
I'm in! My char was really looking forward to that party she was going to. I'd have to reread everything because I've forgotten so much.
 
Back
Top