Writing Goal for the Day?

Hoping to finish the draft of the next Clint Folsom mystery by tonight.

I'll aim to start the next chapter of one of my in-progress fan fiction stories.

I'm aiming to finish "After the Ball" today or tomorrow and have it edited and ready to submit by mid-week. I've got my plot bunny for the Winter contest so I will start on that as soon as I finish the other.

I'll aim to write a blog post and start my winter contest entry finally.

Writing an Amazon review for a book an author sent to me, asking for a review (and sending him a more pointed private message about what I thought of it). Reading more into a manuscript an author sent to me for an "is it publishable?" review. Starting the review of the next habu Clint Folsom mystery I just finished drafting. Reviewing and cleaning up a story for habu's January Grab Bag 3 GM anthology that's just come back from the editor. I think this should keep me busy enough.

Well, my beta reader has returned home, the hurricane is over, and they will install our new boiler on Wednesday (barring chimney complications). PennGirl has requested many crochet items, but they will have to wait. I'm hoping at some point soon to simply sit and write something and hope that's the start of getting back into the writing habit.

Writing an Amazon review for a book an author sent to me, asking for a review (and sending him a more pointed private message about what I thought of it). Reading more into a manuscript an author sent to me for an "is it publishable?" review. Starting the review of the next habu Clint Folsom mystery I just finished drafting. Reviewing and cleaning up a story for habu's January Grab Bag 3 GM anthology that's just come back from the editor. I think this should keep me busy enough.

Careful not to be to flattering with your review if this is an indy author. Amazon is removing 5 star reviews left and right from indy author's books. Of course they leave all the 1/2 star troll reviews from people who didn't even buy it.

They also leave all the fake/paid reviews on all the new releases from major publishers.

Their review policy needs some work.

I'm aware Amazon is removing some reviews--and it looks like it's being done haphazardly. This is a mainstream book put out by a mainstream publisher, though. And it's not a 5-star review. (And it was accepted at Amazon earlier today.)

I'm aware Amazon is removing some reviews--and it looks like it's being done haphazardly. This is a mainstream book put out by a mainstream publisher, though. And it's not a 5-star review. (And it was accepted at Amazon earlier today.)

I imagine you're safe then. Haphazardly is not quite the word I would use, but it'll suffice I guess.

I'm having a hassle their with a book that has received 4 reviews. The first was a 2 star by someone who admitted they based it on only the preview. The next 3 are 5 star reviews.

But when on the book's page where it says "most recent review" they show the 2 star even though its the oldest. I've e-mailed them twice about and been told both times they will look into it

I'm going to give up before they remove one of the good reviews:rolleyes:

I hoping to have the inspiration and drive today to start on my winter contest entry/story for submission.

I'm hoping to work on an empty genre for the Survivor Contest. Most likely something in the Lesbian category. I still need something for Erotic Horror or keep my fingers crossed for another immunity, but times running out for that.

Happy writing everyone. :)

My goal for today is to complete the prologue for my latest fan fiction story.

Yesterday I met my goal of fighting through a bit of writer's block in a story I'm working on. I changed the mood of the setting slightly and found something that worked. Now my goal this evening is to keep going.

I'm going to try and finish the prologue of my newest fan fiction story today after I get home from grocery shopping.

I'm currently writing the last scene of "After the Ball." It will then be edited by the husband and probably in the submission que later tonight.

I have a question and anyone can answer if'n they want.

When writing a story and a character is remembering past events, do you portray those past events in past tense? I ask this because my character had a flashback type of moment before slipping back into the present and a comment was saying I needed to stick to my tenses.

So I'm curious as to how one portrays past events if they don't think in the past?

I have a question and anyone can answer if'n they want.

When writing a story and a character is remembering past events, do you portray those past events in past tense? I ask this because my character had a flashback type of moment before slipping back into the present and a comment was saying I needed to stick to my tenses.

So I'm curious as to how one portrays past events if they don't think in the past?

I'm a little confused -- is the rest of the story in present tense? I stick to past tense in all my stories. If my character has a flashback, then I probably will make some kind of scene break and then write the flashback in past tense. If it's a brief flashback, I might write something like "John remembered what had happened. His father had gone to work, his mother to visit a friend. He had waited for them..."

I'm not sure what tense that is, when you use "had [verb]ed". But that's what I do.

I'm a little confused -- is the rest of the story in present tense? I stick to past tense in all my stories. If my character has a flashback, then I probably will make some kind of scene break and then write the flashback in past tense. If it's a brief flashback, I might write something like "John remembered what had happened. His father had gone to work, his mother to visit a friend. He had waited for them..."

I'm not sure what tense that is, when you use "had [verb]ed". But that's what I do.

Yes, she's sitting in the car remembering the past then the story moves to the present. Perhaps an italicized thing would have been the route to go, since she does switch back shortly a time later, but not after she arrives at the party.

No goal for me today as I have to work all afternoon and into the evening (until 9:30 PM).

I'm finishing up "Twelfth Night Triumph" my (first?) Winter Contest entry. This plot bunny hopped over the other one I had, but I'm hoping to get that one done before the end of the contest as well.

Today I will get through the first half of the production "poem" I was begged to write for our current show. I'm not a poet, and they know this, so they're stuck with my prose.

Hopefully, they'll never ask me to write one again.

Work some more on the second chapter of "Trainer of Destiny: Kanto and Orange Islands". If the Beta sends me back the prologue of "Guardian Prince of Aura", I can post it to the archive as well.

Another delay. It's a lot harder to write a sex scene set in the 16th century then in modern times. I still need to do research on all the undergarments they have to contend with.

Jean Plaidy is probably rolling over in her grave at me.

After I get home from work (and maybe before I have to go get ready and leave for work), I want to work on the second part of the second chapter for "Trainer of Destiny: Kanto and Orange Islands".

Didn't get anything done yesterday on the show poem, but I did get a few paragraphs down for Exhibitions.

Maybe today will be better for the poem.

Back