Awaken

a_libertine

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Posts
6,739
This thread is closed for Mayu and myself. Please enjoy.

Light...Followed by an exclamation...

Dark...Followed by movement...

Light...Followed by poling and prodding, voices discussing something.

Mertin listened closely a moment then paid no mind, it was in some dialect of English he did not understand.

Dark...Followed by movement again.

Intermittent light and dark, no other sensations or movements.

Mertin passed time in a pleasant state of torpor, somewhere between dead and alive, not fully either, never close to either. Slipping back into the state of consciousness closer to death than life, Mertin slept again.

Pounding music. Music? The instruments were unknown to him, the loudness deafening, the pace faster than it should have been.

Heartbeats nearly matched the pace of the music, tens of them it seemed. Mertin woke enough to reach out with his mind to access where he was, and what was going on. A large inn, with some two hundred people in it surrounded a stage where he stood on display in a casket among some other paraphernalia from

A melodic dulcet voice wove through the music, causing the audience to sway as they listened, danced, and celebrated, it seemed. Mertin listened to the words and wonder crossed his mind as she seemed to be singing about vampires and 'the heat of the night's call'.

Not quite a panic came over Mertin, but a sense of unease that slowly abated, as he realized that in the minds he contacted, not one of them seemed to believe in vampires, so much as possess a wish for one.

Mertin eased back waiting for the end of the show and an opportunity to feed. Hunger ate at his mind, trying to overcome his mind, to force him to dive into the smörgåsbord of writhing flesh before him and sate the eternal hunger for at least a day.

In all too short a time the performance ended, Mertin felt his casket being wheeled off, listening to the two men doing the pushing. As the three of them entered a storage room, Mertin moved, grabbing them both, Mertin sank his teeth into them quickly, and violently sated the worst of his hunger. It was not nearly enough, but it was a start.

Leaving the storage room, Mertin followed the sound of the voice her had heard earlier. Reaching out with his mind he listened to her thoughts, which at the moment were focused on the person she was with. A lascivious smile crossed Mertin's face as he opened the door she was behind. "Hello, Veronica," Mertin said as he closed the door behind himself, taking in the scene before him.



 
Veronica had been having a wonderful night, she had been a singer for a few years. And she was only nineteen, it made her feel good inside. To sing for her fans, to enjoy what they had to say about things. But she had no idea what she was getting herself into, thinking for a moment she was singing out a new song. Perhaps it was a bit foolish, but right now things just seemed to go smoothly. But she had no idea someone was there, behind her in the shadows. Her band was gone, and only she remained.

She was humming a beautiful melody, as she was singing about the darkness and a few other things. But then she felt something, a voice said her name. And when she turned her head, she saw a tall man she had never seen before. He shut the door, and knew her name though she had never seen him before. Perhaps he was a fan? but something in her said no, bitting her lip for a moment. She sighed a bit and brushed her black hair out of her face.

"Who..?"

She wasn't to sure what this was all about, but she placed her hands on her hips. And decided to just calm down a little bit, her gray eyes scanned the area. And turned away for a moment, the black leather skirt she wore showed off her hips. And her black shirt was a tank top, with very thin straps. Her black boots, went up past her ankle a bit. The heel was thick, and made her look about 5'7 when she was only about 5'5.

"How can I help you?"
 

Mertin looked the small woman up and down, taking in her curves, raven hair, and pale skin all of which highlighted her stormy eyes. "Perhaps we can be of help to each other, though I must admit, I am out of place here," he said with a heavy German accent.

He looked at her a moment and said, "Perhaps it is easier to show you then explain."

Turning toward the door, he said, "Follow me" and left the dressing room. He placed enough compulsion behind the clause that he knew Veronica would be at his coffin before she even thought about complying.

As they arrived at the storage room, he waved at his resting place, and said, "You could begin by telling me how you came about obtaining me, and my coffin."


 
She followed him, though she didn't even need to think about it. This whole thing was very strange, but then seeing the coffin from before. She rubbed her neck, and looked at him. "You and your....coffin?" She swallowed hard, not realizing what was happening. She didn't know what this was, perhaps this was a trick? some kind of sick joke. But she looked up at him, thinking about it she sighed some. Looking up at him, she leaned against the beam. That was very stable, hence why she leaned against it.

"Well it was for my concert, I wanted something dark. I have a contact from Germany, said he had just the thing. Though I was told it wasn't in use, and I guess he was wrong" She looked down. Feeling totally stupid right now, she had on black nail Polish, black lipstick, black eye liner and black eye shadow. This wasn't good, she looked up at him. "So if this is your coffin, who are you?" She crossed her arms as she thought about it for a moment.
 
"Dark?" He queried. "Well yes, I presume a coffin filled with a body certainly is dark."

"My name is Mertin, I was the lord of a small area in Bavaria." He searched her mind a moment and grimaced. "About a thousand years ago."

Leaning against the opposite door jam from her, Mertin felt for her emotions and suppressed her fear slightly.

"Tell me, where is Los Angeles? What country are we in?"

 
She felt something in her change, but heard what he said. A thousand years ago? she had heard of Bavaria, it was a beautiful place once upon a time. But then he asked about where they were. "Well I knew about the body, well your body but was told it was fake." She hung her head feeling stupid "Well we are in America, and my name is Veronica." She held her head up "Veronica Black, so your saying your at least a thousand years old. So my guess is that makes you immortal, like a vampire? thought not many people believe in such creatures of the night"
 
"I have never heard of this, America."

Mertin half bowed and said formally, "I am Mertin Wittelsberg; the honor to meet you is mine."

Reaching out, Mertin stroked Veronica's hair gently, tucking it behind her ear. "Show me your Los Angeles, Veronica, I wish to see it. There are three hours still before dawn."

 
She watched him stroke her hair, and felt strangely attracted to him. He wanted to see the city? was talking about three hours before the sun came out. If he wasn't a vampire, he certainly liked them. When he bowed to her, that was something else as well. "Alright then, you know it's funny that you said you were a lord of Bavaria. My family came from there, it wasn't till my grandmother moved from there to America. Though it's changed, I'm sure it would not be any were near the same as you remember it"
 

They walked through the club's back rooms toward the door, and Mertin stopped every now and again to look at one thing then another. The clock in his head, the one that kept track of time until sunrise, was ticking away furiously and after an hour, they finally arrived at the back door.

Mertin leaned against the frame of the door a moment listening to the sounds outside, amazed at the number of them. His eyes turned to Veronica a moment and he ran them up her body appreciatively. At least beauty was still beauty he thought in the back of his mind.

Opening the door, he looked out across a parking lot and looked at a late model sedan. "What is that?"
 
She smiled walking with him, he was rather curious about things. But then he asked about the car and looked at him. "It's a car, it's actually mine. It's a machine, instead of using horses to get from one place to another" She placed her hands on her hips, she had noticed he did check her out. She didn't know what to do with him, but knew that not much time was left. She sighed a bit "If you like I can drive you around, show you around the city?" She offered.
 
Mertin eyed the vehicle suspiciously. "How does it work if there are no horses?" He walked around it once, and mused, "It does look very much like carriage, I suppose."



 
She took out her keys "It's a machine all electronic" She said simply and looked at him. "You will just have to trust me" She unlocked her car and opened it up. Looking at him with a smile on her face.
 
Mertin sensed no evasion in her response, her heart while beating fast did not quicken at all as she explained the strange vehicle to him. Nodding he clutched the silver lever and tried twisting it, first up then down. Not being rewarded with the expected movement, he looked the door handle over, seeing the button beneath it.

Once depressed the door swung open easily. "Ah!" he exclaimed.

He looked in to see Veronica smiling at him indulgently before he sat in the 'chair.' Finding it extraordinarily soft, he wiggled slightly, making himself comfortable.

"How many miles in a day will this contraption go?" He asked.

 
She smiled at him watching him and thought about it for a moment. And thinking of what to say. "Well over one hundred miles, I don't do much travel so Ive never thought about it" She said with a smile on her face. She started the car and drove out of the parking lot.
 
Mertin calculated the difference between a horse and the 'car' and said, "So it is about twice as fast as a horse."

The force of the acceleration forced his body back into the seat of the car and he smiled at the burst of speed. "Now this is so much better than a horse. Except no wind."

His eyes were caught up in the lights of the city and he exclaimed his pleasure at it. "Tell me, Veronica, do you enjoy being an minstrel? Are you successful at it?"
 
She smiled at what he said, and rolled down the window a bit letting the wind come in. "We have windows, and a sun roof for wind if you want it" She chuckled happily, but then he asked the question that he did.

"I am successful at it, but Ive always wanted more out of my life. My band we aren't really close to each other, I don't have any close friends. Why do you ask?"
 
"Mortal lives are far too short to be doing something you do not enjoy." Mertin watched as Veronica rolled the window down, and copied her actions on his own side.

As the warm air flowed through the car he laughed, enjoying its feel for the first time in a thousand years.

"Too much competition in the band?" He asked.
 
She liked his smile, but then his question she sighed. Thinking about how to even answer his question, looking at him for a second since she had to stop at a red light. "I guess my band things only I'm important. They do not get that I do not make the band, we all do. There is jealously and I do not understand why, I thought about just stopping the band and vanish, no one would remember me or care I was gone"
 
Mertin nodded, "Is that not the way of minstrels? It is one that carries the others?"

Mertin placed his hand over Veronica's and said, "Perhaps I can offer a different suggestion." He glanced at her while watching the lights in rapt attention. "Perhaps you should show them just how great you are."
 
She didn't think much into it, until she felt his hand on hers. And heard what he said, she didn't understand it. Or perhaps she was to nervous to, and looked over at him while she had to stop the car for a red light. Looking down at his hand that was on top of her own. "What do you mean? what can you possibly offer me?"
 
Mertin smiled, "You would be surprised at what a vampire, especially an older one, can do for a young bard's career."

Mertin turned his attention back out the window and marveled at the sights of Los Angeles as they roared along it's streets. "Starting with your show tonight, I will help build a rabid, fanatical following for you."

He caressed her hand absently and whispered, "Riches await."
 
She looked at him and felt his hand stroking her, she smiled at him. But as she took off after the light turned green she thought. "And what do you want in return? my soul?" It felt like one of those sell your soul to the devil kind of thing, which she would never do.
 
Mertin shook his head, "The sun will be rising soon, we should go back to the tavern, unless you have a better idea of where I can stay the day."
 
She nodded "Don't think that there will be enough time, you can stay with me. I have a setup you will like" She headed home and parked in her garage. The door shut and she got out and opened up the door leading to her home. "Come I'll show you were you will sleep for the day" She went down into the basement, it had no windows and had had some lights that lite the place in the walls. There was a king sized bed in there, and looked at him. The style very medieval. "I hope this will do?"
 
Mertin nodded. The basement was certainly dark enough even if there was no real defensive area surrounding it. But then, what need did je have of defenses? He had not felt another of his kind while they traveled, and it appeared non of the dwellings were built for battle. The city was certainly fsr too large to encompass in a wall.

"It is perfect." He said.

Mertin turned toward Veronica. "Do you sleep down her as well?"
 
Back
Top