Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sick, but my defenses are so low that if I come in contact with anyone that is I will be out for a few days...

Where the hell is Samuel L. Jackson when you really need him ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-hitch-hikes-on-qantas-new-guinea-flight.html

Snake on a Plane Hitch-Hikes on Qantas New Guinea Flight
By David Fickling
Januar 10, 2013

A python hitched a ride on the wing of a Qantas Airways Ltd. flight to Papua New Guinea, prompting some passengers to shoot pictures and videos of the incident.

Video of the snake being buffeted by the wind as the aircraft flew over the Coral Sea northeast of Australia was taken by passenger Robert Weber, the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper reported in an article accompanying the footage today. The reptile was lodged next to the engine in a Bombardier Inc. Dash-8 plane, which left the tropical Australian city of Cairns at 6.15 a.m. yesterday, Qantas spokesman Luke Enright said.

“We haven’t seen anything like this before,” he said by phone from Sydney. “It must have sought refuge on the exterior of the aircraft at Cairns airport. Most passengers were unaware of the snake as they were asleep.”

The snake appears to have been an amethystine python, a non-venomous constrictor found in the mangrove swamps surrounding Cairns airport, David Walton, a snake-catcher with Cairns Snake Removals, said by phone.

“I’ve shifted multiple snakes from the airport,” he said. “It would just need the plane to be sitting there overnight. Pythons are fantastic climbers.”

The snake was dead on arrival and was handed over to the Papua New Guinean quarantine officials after the flight landed at Port Moresby, Enright said. Once planes reach cruising altitude, the snake would die from cold and lack of oxygen, Walton said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-hitch-hikes-on-qantas-new-guinea-flight.html

Every explorer starts from the same retreaded ground the rest of us have already seen. It isn't where you begin your journey that is important, but where it leads you to afterward.

Every explorer starts from the same retreaded ground the rest of us have already seen. It isn't where you begin your journey that is important, but where it leads you to afterward.

True.

The visionary looks up to see past what is and gaze upon what can be. As opposed to the masses that look down, comfortable where they are.

I'm feeling my age. The sudden change of weather and a light dusting of snow has made my ancient bones ache, yet we've got to do a major grocery shop in the next few hours.

We have just booked accommodation for two annual conferences, one in Liverpool, the other in Suffolk. I'm thinking that this will be the last year that I'll go to them.

I am finding it increasingly difficult to interact in a social situation because my hearing is failing despite expensive hearing aids. I can hear reasonably in a formal situation such as a lecture, but at a dinner or in a group I cannot distinguish one voice from another. If there is any background music such as Muzak in a shopping mall, then although I can hear that someone is talking to me, I cannot make sense of what they are saying.

If anyone were to arrange a UK Lit meet-up, I'd probably decline. Og in person is disappointing. The interesting bits are in my brain. :D

I'm feeling my age. The sudden change of weather and a light dusting of snow has made my ancient bones ache, yet we've got to do a major grocery shop in the next few hours.

We have just booked accommodation for two annual conferences, one in Liverpool, the other in Suffolk. I'm thinking that this will be the last year that I'll go to them.

I am finding it increasingly difficult to interact in a social situation because my hearing is failing despite expensive hearing aids. I can hear reasonably in a formal situation such as a lecture, but at a dinner or in a group I cannot distinguish one voice from another. If there is any background music such as Muzak in a shopping mall, then although I can hear that someone is talking to me, I cannot make sense of what they are saying.

If anyone were to arrange a UK Lit meet-up, I'd probably decline. Og in person is disappointing. The interesting bits are in my brain. :D

From another failing old fart, a little wine in a quiet room, one on one, does wonders.

From another failing old fart, a little wine in a quiet room, one on one, does wonders.

I finished a bottle of a very cheap French red wine yesterday evening. The wine was surprisingly good for the price - about one US dollar the bottle.

While I prefer to pay between 5 and 8 Euros a bottle in France, the very cheap wines can be an interesting experiment especially when I can buy 6 to 8 bottles for 10 Euros. Some have been disastrous, of course. I avoid any marked "wine from several countries" or anything worse than "Vin de Table" but I can buy some regional wines very cheaply.

Oggbashan and TXRad, I :heart: you both.
I just wrote in a blogpost how pleasurable it is to chat online where my words get more attention than my booty and you are two of the best at making me LOL and even ROF.
Sounds seem kind of muffled to me too these days and I have to admonish the young to Speak Up Clearly! when they try to flirt with the aging MILF, but I think that's their problem. :D
xxx
:rose:

Oggbashan and TXRad, I :heart: you both.
I just wrote in a blogpost how pleasurable it is to chat online where my words get more attention than my booty and you are two of the best at making me LOL and even ROF.
Sounds seem kind of muffled to me too these days and I have to admonish the young to Speak Up Clearly! when they try to flirt with the aging MILF, but I think that's their problem. :D
xxx
:rose:

Ah, aging MILF's. My favorite group of people. ;)

:rose::kiss:

Ah, aging MILF's. My favorite group of people. ;)

:rose::kiss:

Aging? She's young enough to have been my daughter if I had married my first fiancée.

But I didn't. Nor the second, nor the third. But somehow we remained on friendly terms.

When I met my wife we decided not to bother with getting 'engaged'. We had too many broken engagements behind us. We just got married.

My Muses are suggesting that I write a story based on a Mozart aria.

I had intended one on "Una Furtiva Lagrima" from Donizetti's L'Elisir D'Amore, but they don't agree. :rolleyes:

All I have to find out is WHICH Mozart aria they mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back