Two mothers

On a related note, a two-mother story that would be epic on film would be "The Rambler"
Imagine 1950's suburban America- the big cars, drive-ins, kitchens and gardens, liberties with pleated gingham skirts and knit dresses...
For those who have read the story, who would you cast in the lead roles if it was to be made today?
 
Imagine 1950's suburban America- the big cars, drive-ins, kitchens and gardens, liberties with pleated gingham skirts and knit dresses...
And what a perfect setting for a story of mother/son attraction boiling over into the danger zone.

The danger being the social shock of such a revelation in a world of elegant propriety...where ladies still wear white gloves and quaint feathered hats.
 
Ah... the things they keep hid under those hats!
So who d'you think would be good actresses to play the moms roles in a movie version? Am thinking Jennifer Jason Leigh from her role in period piece Road to Perdition and Daphne Zuniga who played mom to college-age boys in On Strike for Christmas.
If alwayswantedto is also a published author he/she could consider slipping The Rambler story into a mainstream collection - might see it published a la Doris Lessing! And we might well see a movie made with more stars lining up for these roles.
 
So who d'you think would be good actresses to play the moms roles in a movie version? Am thinking Jennifer Jason Leigh from her role in period piece Road to Perdition
This is an excellent choice...perfect!

We see her in this period scene and imagine she has become aware of a secret admirer...yes, her teenage son is watching his mother undress from a discreet location.

00299676_lg.jpg


What will she do...make a subtle exit from view and save her son from the embarrassment of being caught???

No way...this is what naughty boys do, so why not give in just this once and play the tease, as long as neither party has to admit to anything.:eek:

What harm could it do...to slowly unbutton this dress, and let it slide (even more slowly) over these hips to reveal more of his mom than his wondering eyes could hope for.

Another good choice would be the mom in 'Carried Away' (1996) starring Dennis Hopper.

nudescene.jpg


In the scene above, we imagine that her husband is fed up with the puritanical modesty she displays in the darkness of their bedroom, and forces her to strip in the full light of the family room...under the curious gaze of her own teenage son, whom he invites to watch.:eek:
 
Last edited:
carried away! had almost forgotten the movie.. great choice of title too..maybe there's a peephole in the door that was availed by the son everytime and this time he's invited to the party. Do you think that michelle pfeiffer would also be a good choice for such a role, especially after her performance in Cheri?
Jennifer's subtle road to perdition calls for some delicious build up of tension... How about a visit to his bedroom later to ensure that he wasn't too bothered by what he saw, or maybe he must visit the kitchen next morning with a big hug to compensate ;)
 
Back
Top