The Walking Dead (OOC)

I'm working on my character. I'm thinking maybe, if Mel has that farm, maybe they all decide to head towards Montana together. Maybe they are hoping to use the farm as a safe haven.
 
Melissa Gallovich
Age: 28
DOB: July 6, 1984
Personality: Melissa is the shy girl until she feels comfortable being around someone then she slowly opens up. She is a girl in the closet and is constantly fighting that issue about her. She is soft spoken and attempts to see good in all.
Skills.. She is an electrician by trade

Bio: Melissa was a fathers girl whom went everywhere with him and since he was a independent electrician going to various jobs she was able to tag along and pick up the trade quite easily. When she reached her high school years she took all the classes that could be linked or incorporated into the field. After high school she went to MIT and received her degree in electrical engineering. Now she runs her fathers business for him while he enjoys the life of retirement.

Now she is running around in the streets looking for other to join for she can not survive along.
 
I´m dropping out of this RP.


I am genuinely amazed at how someone can destroy such a simple premise even before starting it.
 
I don't understand what I did wrong, but fuck it then. I try to get a setting going for us all to jump in, and everyone wants to just take off without making suggestions to change it or working with me?

Whatever. I'm done. Clearly I suck at RPing because everyone always abandons me.
 
The explosion and the fight I would consider more backstory than part of the actual rp, just like the explosions in Atlanta in the Walking Dead tv show that Shane and Lori witnessed. I used it to set the story. And I did not rob people of the ability to write their backstories, I gave them a comment event to write up to. Like with my character, they could write a long post about their character from before the outbreak and leading up to the boat. I left that part open, I said it was up to them how they got to be on the boat. I left a lot of room for them to create their backstories.

And while, yes, there were explosions and fighting, I was not making the rp all action, merely building up to the start of the rp where our characters are together in a small group. From there, it would be more about survival.

And I know some people had said they wanted to start at the onset of the outbreak, but that isn't as much of a survival setting as the one I presented, because if we start it right when the outbreak occurs, we have military sanctions, riots, panicked people, looting, guns firing, explosions, and all the stuff that you all seem to hate about my intro post.

So, the only way I can write a zombie rp in a way that focuses on survival and has no action is to make it unrealistic, because action is part of it. One of the biggest parts of a zombie story is the conflict between different groups of survivors and against the zombies themselves. Every single episode of Walking Dead has action in it, lives at stake, guns firing, people yelling, and sometimes death. It's a package deal.

But whatever. I'm done.
 
Im sorry people but grow up and write your own drama storys. Zombie storys are about SURVIVAL. Im a real live resevist with a total of 17+ years in the army. I have seen real combat. I have exchanged real rounds with a real enemy. and i have ha to kill real people so that i could go home and see if i could live with my self. Im still here. yes i would grab not one but every gun i could get my hands on with out too much risk. because it dont matter wather the enemy is human or zombies, when its all said and done im going home even if i have to make one from scratch. so you didnt like his ideas? dont play. or try talking it out
 
Lol a zombie apocalyps without any weapons would end very quickly I suspect ;).

As the title says walking dead thats the zombietype I expected - but there are lots of guns there as well and those who survive long enough learn how to use them even if they dont like it...
 
I thought the ic post set things up rather nicely,pity if the thread dies this way
 
Last edited:
Back
Top