A New Way (Closed)

Mayu

Ghost Of Who I Was
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Posts
22,651
Eden Wolf Life could mix someone up very easily, and right now everything in the world was becoming so much harder. People out on the streets begging for help, but people just ignore them. But some people you could never ignore, but for Eden she could never ignore what was happening in there lives. She wanted to be free and knew that it would cost her everything, though she did not have much to lose in the long run. She was alone.

Everything within her she just wanted to give up, but she had someone that made her smile. His name was Kal and he was rather unique, he made her smile when she did not want to smile. He made her realize life was worth living, she was the one that had to stop thinking the way she did. Right now she felt as if everything was going to slip out of her fingers. The sands of time ran through her fingers, as she tried to grasp every moment of it.

Her stormy eyes looked around and everything was as it should be, right now she just did not know what to expect. Life would come and go and that she knew all to well, she had been the silent one in school. She was the brilliant one the one who had everything, but when her parents died in a plane crash. It felt like she to would die and even tried to will it. But someone as young as her could not will herself to die at any point.

But now that she had insurance money and could do what she only wished, but she was lonely. She had been hurt by a guy who said liked her, but all in all he was just a monster. Someone that lurked in the dark, she had been innocent and still was in her own way. He touched her and kissed her but it felt very wrong, she put up one hell of a fight as well. Sighing softly she did not know if she could be with another person, even if it was a man.

She was off doing her own thing and put her hands in her black jean pockets, thinking of everything that had been going on. She smiled over where her friend usually sat to do his own thing. She leaned against a weeping willow tree, curious as to what Kal was doing. He did not seem to be happy lately, more and more fights with his wife she grew worried for him. She was just a friend of Kal but wished for something more.
 
Kalden in search of peace and solitude re-treated to his garden. He just needed to get away from the complications of life and the numerous thoughts that filled his head. After so many unexpected twists and turns he was still trying to figure out how he had gotten to this point. Gardening made things simpler. Somehow escaping to prepare a new bed for the next batch of carrots or some other delightful treat did the trick. Eden coming to dinner reminded him of happier times. Knowing she made time for him in her life even now all grown up just made him feel needed. Something he missed from when she was a child.

Surveying the beds of fruits and vegetables he choose the best plum tomatoes, organic yellows and some fresh basil to go with the Bocchini he planned to serve tonight. He wanted to show off a bit. She'd been his kitchen companion as he continued to learn to be a better cook. Finding recipes online and experimenting to make things they ate out brought them together because they shared a creative passion. Though it was never said out loud, some they made each other feel like they belonged.

He quickly brought his finds and washed and scrubbed everything in the sink and put it on the counter to dry on a towel. He wanted to wash up and change before he went to pick her up at the train station. And he just knew it would take him an hour to get there and back since he lived so far away from the city. He would definitely plan to get their so he could be waiting on the platform. Caught up in wonderful memories he caught that telling smile in the mirror as his bright brown eyes looked back at him knowing he was going to have a wonderful evening.
 
Eden had enjoyed life since she was a little thing, and she had enjoyed her friend. He may have been older, but everything right now and everything would still come down to this moment. She was on the train waiting to get to the train station. Thinking she was going to spend the weekend with him, which was something they had worked on for months. It was a lovely moment that got everything going. She did not really have to worry about money since she always came from it, but never was nasty about it.

Her father had been the successful lawyer though ruthless he was a good man and husband when he was home. She never remembered fights between her parents, they never cheated on each other and honestly love one another. She was the stay at home wife who had a little backing business at home. She sent things out of state mostly, but always had food on the table and always showed her a lot of love. But her father was also a hero to Eden even now she saw him with eyes like that.

She had loved someone who was cruel to her, and because of what he did her father threaten to kill him. But really he didn't he allowed the law that he studied for years to take over it. The man who wrapped his daughter having a life sentence, it was suggested for every judge who looked at the case to not keep him in prison because it was one of there own who got hurt. But because of what the man did and would most likely do again to other women. And Eden knew she would be safe.

The train finally pulled in a few hours later, and Eden her little bag with the things she would need. But she caught sight of the man she thought was her friend, which would have been a big surprise. But as she walked forward she saw him and smiled at him, Kal meant everything to her and knew he would never harm her. Though she had never told him what happened to her, she walked up to him and smiled. Her friend here which meant a good day was about to happen even if it was late.
 
In the evening the air got sweeter as the temperature cooled. Kal knew that was the best thing about this train station being practically out in the country. Many a time he could come here and see the geese and goslings eating the grass along the ditches. And when something alerted the mothers they would scurry into the willow and tall grass. But this was rare. Whether it was a train or noisey children they would stand their ground. It was simply amazing how life adapted to their surroundings. And in a way so did Kal.

It wasn't long till the air hummed with the familiar sound of the train. He felt anxious with anticipation wondering how she would respond to him after living on her own the past couple of years. He did get the odd e-mail but they drifted apart the apst year. It hurt a bit since they were so close when she was little. But even he remembered how he also got caught up in his own life around the same age. Watching the several people coming off the train he took a deep breath trying to not get too emotional. He saw her. Sporty and slim matted leather jacket with knee high boots. He smile knowing that she hadn't seen it yet so he could settle himself. She was just so grown up. He walked up to the platform and was graced by her smile. His arms opened to her hoping she would remember their tradition. And with her he was rarely disappointed.
 
Eden had a knot in her stomach, one she could not shake off. It had been two years and then nothing, but she did that and knew she owed him a reason. The time she cut off communication was the hardest moment in her life, she lost both of her parents in a car accident. She was driving and she blamed herself to the point of wanting to take her own life, she had been in a facility to help her get over her parents death. The doctors and nurses had to drill into her head for a good year, that she was not to blame.

But as she stepped a few feet she saw him there, tears could be seen in her eyes as well as the pain and the suffering she had felt. She almost staggered to him as she smiled weakly, she had much to tell him. Things he would not like, but it was easy to tell she was suffering inside. Even two years after the fact, right now things were unfair she knew. He was greeting her the old way as she smiled, performing the steps and ending in a hug. Tears could be seen in her eyes, as she held him.

"I'm sorry no word had been given to you Kal, much has happened and I have lost everything" She said sadly, pulling away a little as she could no longer face it. Right now things were just coming to a close. And she rested her head on his shoulder, she needed this time in the country to sort things out. To reclaim the girl she use to be, if that girl was even still alive. So much time had come between. She was lost in the sea of loneliness and she was ready to take back some of what she lost.
 
He pulled her into him. He just had to because he could not bare to see her that way. It was like she was 10 again and she was opening up to him about her loss. The loss she spoke matter of fact about with him like she was a little adult accepting that accidents happen. But these were her parents who kept her safe all these years and now they were gone. He suspected she never got a chance to grieve as she was expected to be strong. That is what her aunt and uncle instilled in her. But somehow the casual conversations between them got longer and one day while he was placing a bandage on her knee from a fall off her bicycle she just hugged him tight and started to cry. Maybe they related because they were both put on paths they did not choose yet do as expected and fulfill their roles. That is something through the years they learned that they did not have to do for each other. They both wanted the other happy and did whatever was needed to get there. And so started a relationship without bounds. It was endless loyalty and feeling complete together.

He held her hand and took her with him away from the train and the others on the platform. He knew of a place they could go and calm down. Talk if she wished to talk. He just wanted a private moment for her to recoup and not feel like the center of attention. He was protective that way. Holding hands she quietly became more calm. He squeezed her hand now and again to let her now he was there for her. She pulled in resting her head on his neck. Safe and warm they sat there as all the cars drove away. He would wait till she was ready.
 
Eden actually felt rather sad and vulnerable though she knew that he would never take advantage he wasn't a dick head. Not like most guys, and all in all she felt safe with him. And that was a very good thing, walking beside him she knew that she had to tell him what had been going on. Depression was a bitch to get over. Brushing her free hand against her neck, she did not really know how to explain this. So taking a deep breath, and letting it out as a sigh she was just glad everything was good here.

"I am sorry about dropping off the grid, I had been living with an older couple. They pretty much adopted me and saw me as there daughter. She could not have children so I was a welcomed blessing, and I very much saw them as my parents. Even if I was not legally adopted or of their blood. But they accepted me for who I was, and they made me feel good. But they were killed and I ended up being put in a state home for my sever depression. I blamed myself for their death and only I blamed me"

Sighing a little she shook her head "Because I felt responsible I tried to take my own life, but I never tried it again because in the back of my mind I kept seeing you in my head. In all my grief and sadness I forgot that I still have one shining star that can light up my darkened nights. So I am glad when we got in touch again and you invited me out here. I really need some time away from everything. And just be me, to catch up" She said happily, leaning over she kissed his cheek and smiled more.
 
He held her knowing how hard it was for her to share this. She was the type to become what other people needed and let what she wanted get buried deep down inside. He pushed her away when he realized she was doing this with him. Tears filled his eyes keenly knowing that instead of his friendship guiding her away from this life it caused her to turn right back with all the destructive tendencies. He would have to find a way to protect her again without his needs getting in the way.

Whipping away his tear he kissed her forehead and petted her hair as they both calmed down.

"I really must being turning into Mr Mushy in my old age. So do you think this is going to be a desert then dinner night or just a BIG desert?".

It was a little thing to give her this choice. He just wanted to spend quality time her and remind her how much she meant to him
 
Eden smiled at him enjoying the conversations they had, and every time that he hugged her she felt so much love from him. It was starting to make her really have feelings for him, he was the kind of guy who would protect her no matter what. And right now everything just seemed so right, sighing a little bit she heard what he said and she chuckled. "Hey nothing wrong with being Mr. Mushy and stop with the old age cracks Kal your not that old you know. Making yourself sound like you are a hundred"

Eden smiled even more and thought about dinner tonight, placing her hand around his arm and was doing some thinking. Sighing a little bit she was enjoying the thought of him being there with her, they would have fun that much she knew. And that much she needed, she needed a friend to talk to. And he was just the medicine that she actually needed, no drugs just her friend and she was happiest here. And perhaps she would move out of the city and around here. "Oh I don't know, do what we usually do Kal"
 
Well my little darling, you did like your icecream more then the healthy meals I would make. How about we make a deal (since you like deals). Lets head home and start dinner. And then either I will make you a special desert or we can go for some after dinner ice cream at "Sammies". And he has Gelato too now that his daughter took over the business.

Is it a deal?
 
Eden looked up at him and could not help but laugh a little, she remembered Sammies and was glad it was still around. She nodded to him as she kept holding onto his arm and silently sighed it was nice feeling this way. Looking around she could not help but chuckle a little, walking beside him made everything better. It was nice to feel like this, enjoying the way he looked at her how he even talked, he was special thought she had no idea if he knew how special he was. He was everything to her.

"Deal"
 
He could not help but smile as they walked to the car. Opening her door and decided to be cheese and say "My dear lady your carriage awaits". She got in with a little kiss on his cheek. He put her bag in the trunk and they drove off quietly down the road. "I hope you don't mind us taking the back roads. We will be passing by Magill's Ranch if you want to watch the horses for a bit?". He just knew she loved those horses as a kid and they loved her. Maybe they saw her gentleness and that she needed a special love. It was not uncommon for them to approach her when he waited on the sides. He could watch her all his life and be satisfied with just that.
 
Eden smiled and laughed at what he said, was cheesy as hell but it was very sweet. So she loved it just as much. Watching him she heard what he said, and she smiled big time and nodded. "Sure sounds fun" She had wondered what was up with Magill's Ranch she was shocked that his horses were getting so much attention. Since she always thought his big farm was to big, but figured perhaps that he would get some help. Eden thought about staying here for a while, and helping out with his farm.

She enjoyed the back roads, it was peaceful and by the time they got to the farm she got out of the car quickly. She felt more at peace and more at home out here, Eden had a very bright smile on her face as she walked up to the fence. Her favorite horse which was pure black with a little bit of white on the forehead in the shape of what looked like a diamond she was surprised the horse had a baby now. "Beauty!" She whistled to get her attention, Eden was like a little girl it was rather sweet.
 
Smiling he watched her from the car being greeted by the two horses. Definitely all grown up since she was no longer towered by them. Wish he had some apples to give her to feed them. He got out and walked up to the fence and held her from behind. "He's kind of her adopted baby. They've been fostering the foal for a couple months and well they just seem to gravitate to each other. Kind of like us all those years ago. Just your not a little girl to me any more (squeezing her a little tighter).
 
Eden smiled as she heard what he said to her, and smiled even more when he said she wasn't a little girl to him any more. She felt him squeeze her and was curious as to why her friend had never gotten married. She would have snatched him up if she had been his type. Though she honestly did not know his type it was rather annoying sometimes. But she smiled even more looking at him and knew all to well he cared for her. "Its nice, I have missed being up here. The rush of the city is one thing, but the feel of everything around us in the more calm side" She chuckled.
 
He looked at her and his heart bloomed seeing the sweetness he knew come out. He quietly ran his fingers threw her hair looking at her. The same in some ways and yet different considering what she had told him. They were both so quiet and so alone now. His heart was aching as he remembered his real life that he was running away from. And then without even thinking he leaned into her and kissed her. At first warmly feeling her body jump as he pulled her into him. He considered backing off when her arms circle around his neck.
 
It shocked her when he moved and it was amazing, in the back of her mind she knew this shouldn't be happening. This wasn't something that should be done, but feeling his lips on her own, it made her feel really happy. The way he kissed her it showed something else within her and it struck her because really right now things were as they should be. Her heart beating quickly, it was amazing how things felt to her. Right now she smiled happily and it was nice, she just wrapped her arms around him holding him.
 
Back
Top