Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mini-Museum update:

The NE Gale is continuing, and I could barely hear myself speak because of the flapping gazebo and tarpaulins. It is still there, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

I had one visitor today, who stayed a quarter of an hour.

This morning I bought six under-the-bed plastic boxes with lids and transferred most of my exhibits into them. I kept the lids closed and sealed until the visitor arrived, then opened them one by one. It kept the exhibits dry and meant that putting everything away at the end of the session was much quicker.

But I was cold and wet for most of the afternoon.

I left the house this morning at 7:00 am. I just home home tonight at 9:30 pm... I want to go to bed... At least I'm getting a lot of overtime :D

I left the house this morning at 7:00 am. I just home home tonight at 9:30 pm... I want to go to bed... At least I'm getting a lot of overtime :D

It seems like this job is allowing you to actually work in your field instead of babysitting the office like the last one.

Yep. Can be a real PITA, but it keeps you honest. I've started keeping one myself and I've done it before (which makes it no less of a PITA).

It's not about the honesty so much as it is about listing all the ingredients (plus every spice) in what I fix that's a pain.

Weather: foggy. I wanted a vacation from the inland heat, but this is almost too much. And the holiday celebrations in this depressed coastal resort area will be... trivial.

Food diary: If it's for nutritional or weight control purposes, certain details can probably be safely omitted. If it's for literary or self-discipline purposes, no detail is too trivial.

Pain: Less now, but still there.

Random: Comparing my mountain home with this coastal area, I note that coast deer are smaller, wild turkeys are larger, and I see and hear no squirrels, just gulls. Are gulls the squirrels of the sea?

Weather: foggy. I wanted a vacation from the inland heat, but this is almost too much. And the holiday celebrations in this depressed coastal resort area will be... trivial.

Food diary: If it's for nutritional or weight control purposes, certain details can probably be safely omitted. If it's for literary or self-discipline purposes, no detail is too trivial.

Pain: Less now, but still there.

Random: Comparing my mountain home with this coastal area, I note that coast deer are smaller, wild turkeys are larger, and I see and hear no squirrels, just gulls. Are gulls the squirrels of the sea?

~The seagulls on our coasts are more like plundering pirates; especially if you have a bag of chips in hand. There's a photo of me somewhere having my chip taken away by a very large gull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back