Life or something like it

Bella4fun

Virgin
Joined
Oct 19, 2012
Posts
14
(Closed for Luna Wolf72)

133802466.jpg

Mikaela "Mike" Kensingon, 28

"She isn't worth crying over." My best friend Charlie told me once again. She had told me that three times now in the last five minutes. Who was crying? Not me. I don't cry. Nope, not this time.

"For fuck sake. Do you see any tears." I shouted in frustration. "I'm fucking angry." It wasn't exactly lessening my anger when i saw Charlie nod understandingly. Charlie Wilson was my best friend in the world, but right then i was tempted to reach out and put my fingers around her throat and squeeze hard. That would teach her about my mood.

"I know you are angry. I would be to." Charlie said even more understanding.

"It wasn't you who wasted five years in a dead end relationship." I raised my hand to interrupt whatever Charlie was about to say. I thought i knew what she thought anyway. She was just to nice to actually say it.

"I know you warned me." I sighed. "I should have listened, but i didn't."

"I didn't know that she would do this." Charlie told me sadly.

Neither did i. It had been totally unexpected. Dee had dumped me for a blond surfer chick. Who could have seen that coming. Not me. That was for sure. Charlie had not liked Dee and had made that perfectly clear. She didn't trust her. Now i knew that Charlie had been right. To bad it took me long enough for Dee to actually dump me. Mixed in my anger was the humiliation and embarrassment of being so stupid.

"Well... She did." I tried to smile. "You are lucky that you have Sam and Lisa." I said, meaning Charlies husband of ten years and their two year old daughter.

"Now i need a place to live. Can't exactly live in the bar." I grimaced lightly. Not only had Dee dumped me. She had thrown me out of the apartment we had shared for the last year.

"You can't sleep where you work." Charlie protested. "I will figure something out. I have some friends. Maybe one of them can take you in?"

"Take me in? I'm not a fucking stray." I shouted at her.

"Maybe a paying stray?" Charlie asked me with a smile.

"Maybe." I muttered.
 
Last edited:
kisha.jpg

Nikki Monroe

Earlier in the month

"So, what you're telling me is that you've found a new place? Why the hell would you leave informing me of that for the last minute? You could have said something weeks ago! I could have been looking for a room mate!"

I could feel the frustration, pounding in my head like a timpani drum with regular high hat on the down beats. This dumb bitch! Bad enough she was going to leave me in a lurch when it came to her half of the rent but she hadn't even had the decency to tell me to my face.

I gave a sigh and tried to quiet the pounding headache while listening to her whining voice. I had known this would happen but silly me, I had assumed I would have more time. The moment Shana and I had stopped doing the horizontal tango, she had started doing the whole pulling away thing.

I swear...women.

"....and you said it wouldn't be a problem..."

Her voice drilled into my ear. I no longer wanted to hear it.

"Never mind. I got this, Shana. Just come get the rest of your crap so I can get a hold of some people to see if maybe, I can find a roomie. You have twenty four hours."

Now~ a few hours earlier.

"You coming by the club later?"

Of course, Charlie would try to bulldoze me into coming down. I hadn't been out in weeks, not since Shana pulled her fucking stunt. Of course, Charlie BEING Charlie, she had managed to wiggle all of the information out of me and knew I was looking for someone to help me take care of the bills. I loved my two bedroom apartment entirely too much to willingly allow it to slip away.

"Yeah. You given any thought to my problem?" I sounded uptight but it couldn't be helped. I had managed to scrape the money together for next month's rent but the phone and DirecTV bills were coming up and I had NO clue where I was gonna pull the cash from.

"Fuck, Nik, stop worrying. I told you. We will get it worked out. Just bring your ass."

I gave a small laugh and retorted, "Baby girl, just be lucky my ass is all I am bringing. Can you imagine the drama if I brought anything else?"

She snorted a giggle at me, said "Fuck you." and hung up.

Dammit, she got me again.
 
"You cant just stay home like this. I am getting worried."

I couldn't deny that Charlie had a point. My life right now seemed to be sleeping, eating and working. Not much of a life really. I was kind of worried myself. Maybe Dee had fucked me up good.

"You are going out with me tonight." Charlie's voice was determined in the phone. "You are going to meet people."

"Right." I mumbled and walked to the couch where i had slept for a few nights. I slumped down with the phone pressed to my ear. The Blue Velvet bar had been my substitute home. Not that i complained. It could be worse.

"Promise." Charlie nagged me. Sometimes i had to wonder why i loved her so much. It sure wasn't the way she kept bugging me.

"I promise." I sighed deeply. "Love you, have to go now." I quickly said and hanged up on her.

What the hell should i wear. Most of my clothes was at Dee's place. No way i would go there to get my going out clothes. Why should i bother anyway. I wasn't going to get myself a new girlfriend, not even to get laid. I was going to please Charlie. It was as simple as that. I looked down at the clothes i was wearing. Pale blue jeans and a dark blue tank top. Combined with my brown leather jacket it would be just fine.

A few hours later

The Lure nightclub had been the hot spot for the last few years. It had a nice blend of clientele. It was where Dee and i had spent many hot nights together. Now it was feeling strange to go there alone. Charlie was supposed to meet me inside though.

The club was crowded as usual and at first i couldn't see Charlie. I had to elbow my way through some people that was to dense to let me pass them. Finally i see Charlie's blond head ahead of me. I steer my way in her direction. To my surprise and disgust she stand there with Dee Vanders. My old girlfriend and room mate.

"Hello Charlie." I leaned in and kissed my friend on the cheek before i turn my gaze to Dee.

"So where do you have you new toy?" I asked sarcastically.

Dee looked at me with a shocked expression on her pretty face. It was as if she couldn't understand my animosity.

"Easy there tiger." Charlie said with poorly hidden amusement.

"At least my claws are retracted." I mutter, glaring at Dee.

"Your here to meet people. Not scare the crap out of them." Charlie giggled.

"Who cares." With satisfaction i watch Dee's backside as she have had enough and leave the one sided conversation.

"Yeah. Keep going bitch." I yelled after her. The satisfaction was hollow though as she didn't turn back once.
 
Charlie had texted me to inform me of the night's particulars. Her words basically left me NO outs and dammit, I really hated that. However, judging by the tone, if I didn't show up, she'd be pissed. Since her hubby had me by a good 100 pounds, well I couldn't afford to let Charlie get attitudinal.

Since it was obvious that I wasn't going to escape my obligation, I decided to make the best of it and prepare for a night out at The Lure. Oddly enough, it wasn't a place I would have chosen for myself. All those women on the prowl~queer, straight, confused~ entirely TOO much estrogen for a boi like me.

"Yeah, yeah...a promise is a promise, Nik. Buck up and get ready." My voice echoed in the silence of the apartment. Dammit, I hated being here, alone.

"Then go get ready, chica." Fuck...and now I am talking to myself.

So then shower, shave, oil and lotion, smell good shit. I wasn't a fan of perfume and cologne was far too masculine so I opted for my go to fragrance~sandalwood and vanilla essential oil. Once I smelled like me, finding an outfit was easier. Black low rise boy cut jeans, black Timberland boots, a black baby tee so that my arm tats got some air and a black newsboy style cap. I left my hair loose~ a tangled mass of riotous curls that I just couldn't convince myself to cut~ and gave myself a once over in the mirror beside my bed.

I would do.

One hour later

The line leading into the club was kind of long but I didn't have to stand in it for long, as it moved fairly fast. By the time I had paid my cover charge and shown my ID, I was more than ready for a drink.

But first, I had to hit Charlie's phone and find out where she was. I did so, letting her know I was here in the process and then I headed for the nearest counter. Too many people, too many loud noises. I definitely needed that drink!

I had just placed my order for a slow comfortable screw up against a wall when my phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out and glanced down. Charlie. The text read simply~"By the dance floor. Look for a hot chick and me." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped and as soon as I had paid for my drink, I waded back into the crowd, heading for the dance floor.

I saw Charlie's blonde mane a few moment's later standing next to one of the most physically imposing women I had ever seen in my entire life. What was she~a body builder? A bouncer? Swallowing slightly, I pushed my way through until I was standing to Charlie's right.

"Hey baby girl. What's good?"
 
"Hey baby girl. What's good?"

I was still fuming with anger when i heard the voice. At first i thought it was directed at me. Almost immediately i understood that the woman was speaking to Charlie. I suppressed the anger enough to offer a smile.

"Pretty much. My two favourite people will finally meet." Charlie said. "Nikki meet Mike." She smiled broadly.

I had heard of Nikki before but i had never met her in person. Even though i wasn't feeling up to being particularly nice at the moment, i owed it to Charlie. Therefore i nodded to Nikki with a smile. "Always a pleasure meeting Charlie's friends." I pretty much lied. She looked nice enough. It wasn't personal. I just wasn't in the mood. If Dee hadn't pissed me off i even might enjoy the company. I usually got turned on by the whole tough chick appearance, and Nikki seemed to be a tough chick. She certainly was sexy. I eyed up and down her body. Yup. She was sexy.

"This is perfect. Nikki need a room mate and you Mike need someplace to live." Charlie grin from ear to ear.
 
I should have known. God, I really should have. It was NOT beyond Charlie to do this to me, in public where I couldn't melt into the floor or otherwise run away. I think she does it to drive me bat shit, I really do.

I allowed my eyes to take in the buff form before me, my eyes drifting from flat tummy to trim hips and then up to a stunning face. So then, THIS was Mike. Charlie had spoken of this person for as long as I had known her, basically setting this person upon a pedestal in my head. Since Charlie and I had never spoken of my sexual preferences, I had never bothered to learn more about her friend than what she told me.

Damn. I wish I had figured out that Mike was a chick, sooner.

Mike's greeting wasn't the least bit heartfelt and I wondered if my exterior had put her off. God, I hoped not. She attempted a half assed smile so I returned the favor, leaning around Charlie to grab her hand and give it a brisk shake.

"Would you like to beat Charlie first or can I have that honor?" My voice was low and kinda husky but it did travel well enough beneath the throb and bass of the music.

Turning to Charlie, I gave a shrug and prodded her with one finger. "You coulda told me about this before I came out wench!!"

Charlie just gave me that damned innocent smile. "You wouldn't have come out. We both know it. And anyway, Mike does need a place to crash and you DO need a roomie. What's the big deal, Nik??"

Another shrug, my head turning to gaze at Mike's profile. "Not one but maybe you should ask your friend if she would be willing to talk to me some place quiet. Maybe we can come to an understanding..."
 
"I can have the leftovers. I'm not picky." I said with a slight smile in response to Nikki's jest about beating up Charlie. Then i crossed my arms in front of me as they exchanged words. I liked the way Nikki was talking to Charlie. I was glad that not only me could speak to her like that. Charlie could be a bit pushy at times, and needed someone to take her down a notch.

"Not one but maybe you should ask your friend if she would be willing to talk to me some place quiet. Maybe we can come to an understanding..." Nikki suddenly said in my direction.

"We can talk." I agreed. I turned my head and looked around the club. "This place ain't so quiet though. The only place i can think of here is the ladies room." I couldn't suppress a grin. I had done plenty of things in the ladies room on The Lure. None of them had included talking.

"If you didn't have any other place in mind?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.
 
I could feel myself flush at the quiet words from Mike. I used to hang at a predominantly black club~loud hip hop, trip hop and dub mixes were the music of my soul. The things I got up to in the bathroom at Rage were practically illegal in every state of the union.

Thank goodness I have enough color to semi-hide the blush I could feel burning away on my cheeks!

Of course, Charlie noted it and had to point it out, mostly because she is an utter asshole. "Damn, are you blushing Nik? It's been awhile since I saw you get that particular shade of embarrassed."

What could I do? Nothing but give her the finger and lean over so that I could speak into Mike's ear. "The rest room is cool with me. We just need a few minutes so that I can tell you what I am looking for and what I have to offer."

I didn't think it was possible but I could feel my cheeks getting even warmer. Stupid double meanings.

Stepping around Charlie so that I was standing on the other side of Mike, I glanced up and gave a grin. "However, Mike, I have never been here before so you will have to lead the way."
 
Damn it Charlie i thought to myself. I did not know Nikki so i had probably missed that she was embarrassed. If she was that. It was cruel, even by Charlie's standard to point it out. I just shake my head and stick out my tongue at her when Nikki is not looking at me. Childish i know. I had been feeling a bit childish lately.

I turn my attention back to Nikki as she come to my side, returning her grin with my own. "She is a bastard at times, but i love her." I nod to Charlie. "Don't let it get to your head." Charlie laughs quietly at us.

"Follow Mike then." I say to Nikki and stat to make my way through the crowd toward the entrance. The rest room is just a bit to the side of the exit doors. On my way there i spot Dee again. This time in company with her blond surfer chick. Just for a moment i miss her so desperately. She look so appetising with her black low cut dress and the red hair that hangs loose down her shoulders. When she notice me and then the sexy woman walking behind me she curl her lips in something that resembles a smile. She don't look very pleased though.

As i reach the door to the rest room i take my attention away from Dee. She ain't part of my life anymore. I open the door and peek inside to make sure that we aren't interrupting any hanky panky. It is empty.

"Here we are." I say as soon as i have closed the door after us.

"Please tell me what you look for in a room mate." I smile sweetly. "And what you have to offer." I lean back against the wall as i look Nikki in the eyes.

"We have to be quick though. Who knows what Charlie think we are doing. She have a dirty mind." I can't help myself. Damn Charlie. She just had to say that Nikki was embarrassed. Now i had a strange urge to see that for myself. For that very reason i very slowly ogle Nikki up and down. Not that what i see hurt my eyes.
 
Walking behind such a yummy woman is definitely one of the better parts of my life. I do feel a little out of my depth, though. The music is different, the entire vibe feels as far away from what I am used to as a desert and a sea. However, that doesn't stop me from paying attention to the women who linger in odd corners and out of the way places.

I see a pretty curvaceous bit of fluff standing next to some bleach blonde bimbo surfer type. Stunning red head, pale skin, a dress that fits...in all the right ways. Somehow the energy between myself and the woman I am following, changes. I glance up and note the tension in Mike's back and shoulders, the way she seems to kind of tuck her head, like she's expecting a blow.

My eyes dart back to the red head who seems to be staring at the pair of us with some sort of quizzical expression. I would bet ANYTHING that the red head was the ex and the reason for Mike needing a place to live. I automatically moved her from hot to cunt in my brain and resumed my stately stride through the crowd.

Eventually, we reached the bathroom. Mike peeked inside and then moved to push the door the whole way open, beckoning me in with a slow wave of her hand. I followed, quickly and heaved a sigh as the door blunted some of the pounding percussion.

Mike's voice is low, probably as deep as my own, and just a tad more husky. The voice of a woman who hasn't been sleeping well and is trying to hide it. I give a nod at her opening gambit and marshal my thoughts. However, her forthright expression is followed by a slow eye fuck...I KNOW that I am blushing. I can feel the heat in my cheeks. I start to speak, my voice slightly shaky.

"Room mates? I just require someone who is reasonably clean and quiet. Someone who is willing to carry their fair share of the rent and utilities and who understands that I do not like drama and want none of it near me." I gave a light laugh and shook my head. "In exchange, I offer a two bedroom apartment with washer dryer, dishwasher, whirlpool tub and shower, plus all the other amenities. My bills run me a little less than 1800 a month so that means I need some one who can come up with their half of the rent, cable and water bill...like clockwork, with absolutely no bullshit excuses. Which is about 800 a month, give or take. I also offer my undying gratitude and the ability to cook dinner for you whenever you don't want fast food."

The words dried up. I studied her with wide eyes. Further words dripped from my lips.

"My last bed bunny moved out on me, you see? Once she knew I wasn't interested in a relationship." I tried to play off the anger, with a light shrug. "So~ when I say no drama, I really do mean...no drama. I don't need a bed warmer or someone to argue with. I need a friend and someone I can rely on. What d'ya say?"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top