writer's exposure

AshleyStout

Virgin
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Posts
25
So I'm a new author trying to make a name for myself. How do I find my audience? The ebook world seems to have a catch-22: I need reviews to get my book onto sites, I need to get my book onto sites in order to find reviews. For other authors out there, how did you get started?
 
write stories, post them here on Lit, and build a fan base.
 
Enter the Literotica themed contests.

The next one is Valentine's Day. Stories can be submitted from 20 January. See the support thread.
 
Got started in the e-book publishing by publishers contacting me. They handled distribution via multiple sites and worked on getting the reviews. If you submit to publishers, you might get the same.
 
So I'm a new author trying to make a name for myself. How do I find my audience? The ebook world seems to have a catch-22: I need reviews to get my book onto sites, I need to get my book onto sites in order to find reviews. For other authors out there, how did you get started?

I built up a readership on Literotica and used my profile page and the comments threads on my stories to let it be known that I would be publishing my work. I noted in the announcements that I sent out that reviews would really help me out.

I should note: that's all self-publishing, so I'm not sure if random reader reviews are the sorts of reviews that you're hoping to get.
 
I presume you're intending to write Erotica, so posting your stories here is a good way to present your work to the public.

I have been contacted by publishers who have seen my work here and am presently reviewing their offers. The same may well happen to you.

Good luck with your writing. :D
 
Back
Top