Wine Club

Gewurtztraminer? It isn't usually sweet, in my probably limited experience, unless you are lucky enough to get one of the deliberately late picked bottles, which can be sublime.

I had a beautiful bottle of Chateau Musar 2003 for the first time in ages yesterday. You can taste the baking sun.

Yes, Gewurtztraminer. I love that stuff. Maybe it’s only sweet when compared to say, Chardonnay, which I never like.

Anyway... tell me more about the taste of the baking sun. Please.
 
With pleasure. It has a similar taste to those wonderful Italian wines left to dry, like Amarone, or Recioto. And the chap making it has been through war and bombings and keeps going. Patriotism in a glass. Liquid sunshine, too.

Wow. Talk about a way with words... I can feel that wine in my body.

Now I need a cigarette. And I haven’t smoked in months.
 
nasko-flan-girl-model-brunette-long-hair-straight-hair-face.jpg
 
"Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares." - Ralph Waldo Emerson


"In victory you deserve champagne. In defeat, you need it." - Napoleon Bonaparte


"Wine is sunlight, held together by water." - Galileo Galilei
 
If I may venture into the sparkling realm, I have been a big fan of prosecco for many years.
 
I'm swilling a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo right now.

Italians got the knack.
 
Top food accompaniments to champagne:

1) oysters
2) caviar
3) olives
4) smoked salmon & cream cheese bellinis
5) strawberries and cream

Thoughts?
 
As in made from oranges?

No made from grapes, but I believe they keep the skins on. Worth a try...

Okay, now I understand. Orange wine, a.k.a. Amber wine, is made by mashing white wine grapes in a vat, and letting the mashed grapes, seeds, and skins sit for days or weeks before pressing.

I think I've had it, but since I was in Florida at the time, and it was sweet for my taste, I presumed it was a fruit wine.

I'll have to revisit it as a robust white.
 
Marietta - Christo Estate Grown 2015

Quite delightful this evening....
 
Love sweet reds! There’s one called Black and Bruised that I could drink forever. Not sure if it’s the name or the taste ;)

Either way, it’s so yummy! I love to try new things though.. There is a winery close to where I live & they have tasting every so often. It’s a great date activity, especially in the summer!
 
Just bought some California Moscato juice to make some. In a few weeks some others will be available . Make about 18 gals or more a year . they sold out of Melbec:(
 
I love Napa valley wine in general. Duckhorn's Cabernet Sauvignon is one of my favourites. I tend to gravitate towards new world wines although we had a really nice bottle of Beaujolais last night.

That said, after a couple of glasses they all are just wine to me anyway.
 
In the summer a chilled Grauburgunder from the Baden area of south western Germany is my preferred wine. World class stuff.

Love an Italian Barolo or Primitivo in the cooler months.
 
Thoroughly enjoyed a few glasses of Andrew Garrett sparkling red last night.
 
Back
Top