Real-Life Odd Couple

Carnevil9

King of Jesters.
Inspired by this thread, but I didn't want to hijack it.

A man and a woman somehow end up sharing an apartment. One of them is a total slob, and the other extremely fastidious. At first they find each other highly annoying, but eventually their foibles have them falling in lust with each other: each one provides what the other one lacks in their lives.

The obvious approach would be to make the man the slob, but that's way too obvious. So I'd probably make the woman the slob. If I were going to write it, which I'm not, so it's up to you!

Jaxon unlocked the door and led Deacon into his flat.

Deacon looked around. "Very nice! I was afraid from the way you're described your place, that it'd be a bomb site."

Jaxon jerked his head towards the corridor. "Best you close your eyes until we get to the bedroom."

Deacon did not close his eyes.

He stopped at one of the doors that led off the corridor and his eyes went wide. "Jaxon? Why does your office look as though a hurricane swept through your house, and you haven't had a chance to call in the builders to repair the... how are you running that much equipment off one sixteen amp breaker?"

"Bedroom, now," said Jaxon. "And either shut your eyes, or your mouth. Or both. I don't care."

He tugged Deacon towards his bedroom, where a perfectly made bed and clean carpet belied the dust-encrusted chaos he worked in every day.

"We're going to have a chat about that," said Deacon.

Jaxon pushed him down onto the bed and slowly sank to the floor in front of him. "No. We're really not."

They really weren't.

Inspired by this thread, but I didn't want to hijack it.

A man and a woman somehow end up sharing an apartment. One of them is a total slob, and the other extremely fastidious. At first they find each other highly annoying, but eventually their foibles have them falling in lust with each other: each one provides what the other one lacks in their lives.

The obvious approach would be to make the man the slob, but that's way too obvious. So I'd probably make the woman the slob. If I were going to write it, which I'm not, so it's up to you!

it's the skimpy lingerie that she leaves all over the apartment that starts his motor running. He can't not pick them up, fold them, put them in laundry or drawer (which means he must sniff them for cleanliness)...

Back