Far away places with strange sounding names: Literotica Travel Agency

Tio_Narratore

Studies
I was just cleaning up some old files on my desk when I came across a couple of travel brochures for places with suggestive names. I expect most of us have come across places like Intercourse, PA and Loveladies, NJ.

Many of us would probably feel quite at home in the town touted in the brochures I found...

What, I wonder would be the main activity for a tourist in

Onancock, VA

(founded in 1680)?

Any one else have an interesting place name to visit, or maybe even hold a Litogether?

Ooh, Tio. For a minute I thought this might be spam, but this is better.

Lots of my friends used to get very excited about a place called Black Dyke ;). They have a famous band, the Black Dyke Mills Band.

:rose:

My aunt had a story of driving through the Midwest and passing through, in order, towns named Surprise, Climax, and Result.

I've never found them on a map, however.

You could always go to Hell (Michigan, that is). ;)

For those who like a little bush, you can go to Beaver, Pennsylvania . . . and if you like a lot of it, try Big Beaver in the same state. :p

Ooh, Tio. For a minute I thought this might be spam, but this is better.

Lots of my friends used to get very excited about a place called Black Dyke ;). They have a famous band, the Black Dyke Mills Band.

:rose:

Now I'm thinking of Whoopi Goldberg. :p

My aunt had a story of driving through the Midwest and passing through, in order, towns named Surprise, Climax, and Result.

Hmm, I've heard of Climax....

Local towns here in Texas:

Ding Dong
Hoop and Holler
Looneyville

Any of those would be great for a Litogether, I think. :p

Climax, GA is near the FL border, north of Tallahassee. There is a Climax Springs in MO.

If anyone else had posted this, I would have called bullshit. ;)

When the Loose Women dance, they drink a lot of beer.

Eventually they become drunk Loose Women...

They are entertaining to watch. You can find videos of their performances on their website I gave above.

PA also has Blue Ball, not far from Intercourse. One hopes stopping at the latter would provide relief from the former. ;)

(For a religious bent, Bethlehem, PA is not far from Nazareth, PA.)

:D
The village is especially popular with British tourists; as a local tour guide explained: "The Germans all want to see Mozart's house in Salzburg; the Americans want to see where The Sound of Music was filmed; the Japanese want Hitler's birthplace in Braunau; but for the British, it's all about Fucking."[10] Augustina Lindlbauer, the manager of an area guesthouse, noted that the area had lakes, forests, and vistas worth visiting, but there was an "obsession with Fucking". Lindlbauer recalled how she had to explain to a British female tourist "that there were no Fucking postcards."

:D:D:D:D:cattail:

In Dorset, there is a river called Piddle, or Puddle, or Trent.

The towns and villages along it aren't sure what to name themselves (and prudish Victorians sometimes altered the name). But you can bring away the local beer: http://www.piddlebrewery.co.uk/

My mother lived in Stinking Gulch, Colorado, for a while--before moving to Baggs, Wyoming--again only briefly, thank god.

A decade or so ago, there was a move to get even private driveways in the rual areas around here named so that the fire department had a clear idea where to go. Someone wanted to name his driveway Pinch-'em-Slyly Lane. And so it's named.

My all time favorite town here in Texas is: "You've Been There"

Both city limits signs are on the same 4x4 post. :D

Followed closely by Muleshoe, Athens, Paris, and Moscow.

Slightly off-topic, I was at a lesbian stand-up comic act once where the comedienne shouted out: "Anyone here from [small Scottish town on the East coast] and my friend leapt up in great excitement, saying: "Yes, me! I am!" To which the comedienne said, "Then I've had you."
:D

Can't forget Loco, Noodle and Gun Barrel City.

Can't imagine the circumstances surrounding the naming of that last one . . . :rolleyes:

Back