The Official Authors' Hangout April Fool's 2019 Contest Support Thread.

Bump for writers and best wishes for Valentine's Day.:heart:
We get a pineapple express (Pacific storm) for V-Day. I'm sure an AF story lurks somewhere. Oops, power bounced again.

Anyway, I've not had a clear story idea since I finished the STANLEY STEAMER series. That was about the time I started on a nerve-pain medication with side effects. Coincidence? I'm tapering off -- maybe my virtual muse will re-awaken.

AF story, hmmm. Maybe it involves placebo birth control pills and defective condoms. Or Russian spies. With tentacles. Sure, that could work.

We get a pineapple express (Pacific storm) for V-Day. I'm sure an AF story lurks somewhere. Oops, power bounced again.

Yep, another 5-10 cm snow predicted today.

First storm was 2-5 cm (1-2 inches), we got 12 inches.
Second storm was the predicted to be the same, we got 6 inches.
Now this one 5-10 cm ... we'll get buried :(

Three pacific storms hitting artic air in a week. Feb seems to be turning into the shittiest month of winter with all this global warming.

Yep, another 5-10 cm snow predicted today.
We certainly received the predicted 36in / 90cm the last few days, and can expect about the same starting at dawn. Fun fun fun.

Three pacific storms hitting artic air in a week. Feb seems to be turning into the shittiest month of winter with all this global warming.
If you're chilly, fly to Australia for record heat and drought. Or try Tierra del Fuego, which hit 90f / 32c.

Maybe springtime (N.hemisphere) or autumn (S.hemisphere) will appear in time for an April Fool story. Yes, from the 21 March equinox, the weather lightens -- until the unexpected snap. That's the trick. Sunshine, skinny-dipping, and al fresco sex one day, hail and sleet the next. That happens here in the Sierra Nevadas.

I'm wondering whether to shorten a long draft to just include the 'trick' element and forget the pages of consequences.

Among the other writing challenges in the AH:

Don't forget this contest which opens for submissions in two weeks.

I'm in the second round of edits and will be ready well before the deadline. Speaking of which, is there any advantage to submitting early in the submission window?

I'm in the second round of edits and will be ready well before the deadline. Speaking of which, is there any advantage to submitting early in the submission window?

It gives you more time to get readers' eyes on your story, and so more votes. I doubt that it does anything for the score.

Nothing has jelled yet. Maybe an April Fool on the job in a geek's night in Sillycon Valley. Could I submit that story in all four events? In college I wrote a paper on a hallucinogenic plant, first-hand. I received high grades in Psychology, Physiology, Botany, and Fiction for it.

Have the contest particulars been posted anywhere?

More specifically: What tag(s) need to be included? Is there a naming convention?

Are there any other pertinent details besides those posted by Ogg in the OP?

I realize that we are still a week and a half out but this thread is much less active than the other three regarding their events and I don't want to miss something silly just because I wasn't paying attention.

Cheers :D

More specifically: What tag(s) need to be included? Is there a naming convention?

I realize that we are still a week and a half out but this thread is much less active than the other three regarding their events and I don't want to miss something silly just because I wasn't paying attention.

There are specific requirements, analogous to those for the Valentine's Day contest. Normally Laurel posts them in the contest announcement (sticky thread at the top of the forum), but she hasn't posted the announcement.

Laurel usually posts the starting thread about a week before the first day for submissions. That includes the note, likely to be "April Fool's 2019 Contest" to be copied and pasted in the NOTES box. There are no other special requirements to enter the contest apart from the normal contest rules.

There are no requirements for tags, or naming conventions - just the message in the Notes box.

Of course, readers might penalise you if they think your entry isn't on theme.

Edited to add from Laurel official announcement:

PLEASE do not forget to put the EXACT phrase "APRIL DAY 2019" IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. In fact, we recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos. If it is not in the NOTES field – or if it's typoed - we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!

Last edited:
There are specific requirements, analogous to those for the Valentine's Day contest. Normally Laurel posts them in the contest announcement (sticky thread at the top of the forum), but she hasn't posted the announcement.

Thanks for confirming that. I thought that perhaps I was looking in the wrong place when I went searching for something 'official'.

I'll just cool my jets and see where things go. It's not like there aren't enough writing prompts in play over the next few months now are there... :cool:

Thanks for confirming that. I thought that perhaps I was looking in the wrong place when I went searching for something 'official'.

I'll just cool my jets and see where things go. It's not like there aren't enough writing prompts in play over the next few months now are there... :cool:

That's right, March 1st start date for story submissions! February has turned into a wild wild month of writing :D

Returning to mine today. I got quite a bit (pleasantly) sidetracked with "One Night in XXX" -- and my April Fools story features a quietly mischievous stripper named Elektra who's now giving me major stink eye.
I'm just the right amount of terrified by her...

The site announcement is up this morning.

From Laurel's official announcement:

PLEASE do not forget to put the EXACT phrase "APRIL DAY 2019" IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. In fact, we recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos. If it is not in the NOTES field – or if it's typoed - we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!

As is so often the case for me my story took an interesting turn while I was writing it and now I find myself in a quandary with regard to which category to submit it. I've seen this kind of question pop up here in the AH forum several times since joining and I suspect that those of you who are veterans here are a bit fatigued with addressing it over and over but I genuinely need some advice here.

The first half of my story is solidly EC. A guy and a girl fucking. Simple!

The second half, however, is where it took a turn. In the second half of the story, the guy is choked out by his GF and wakes up to find himself tied to the bed and subsequently molested by both his GF and her BF. He has a butt plug forced into his ass--that's pretty obvious now isn't it--and a cock strap wrapped around his cock--again pretty obvious--and the girls take turns riding his cock and face while at the same time trying to keep him from cumming.

The story is literally split in two and I would love to get an opinion or two or three on where you would posit the story given the sketchy details I've provided above.

cheers...

wakes up to find himself tied to the bed and subsequently molested by both his GF and her BF.

See that's why we need a category called HEAVEN :D

In my mind that second part would be determined by whether or not he was objecting. If he was reluctant that would be a different category than if he was excited.

Back