Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
where in the blue hell is everybody? 90 percent of the US is under a deep freeze... there's no excuse for not being at HT/HTC... it's too fucking cold to do anything else.

get your shit together folks. and, seriously, who farted?

EJFan said:
where in the blue hell is everybody? 90 percent of the US is under a deep freeze... there's no excuse for not being at HT/HTC... it's too fucking cold to do anything else.

I'm right here. Where are you?

It's too freaking cold to go outside. I poked my head out the door, and that's as far as I'm going today.

I don't know where everybody else is. I just popped in to get rid of the cobwebs. So move! You're in my way! :D

Eilan said:
My kids haven't had school since last Thursday.

Is it the cold or the snow? All the schools around here finally re-opened today. It's still bitterly cold, though.

bobsgirl said:
Is it the cold or the snow? All the schools around here finally re-opened today. It's still bitterly cold, though.
Both, I'd imagine. The main roads are clear, but a lot of the township roads, ours included, are still pretty nasty, and district policy is that the buses don't run on township roads when there's snow on them.

When I went to bed last night, school was on a two-hour delay today, but when I checked online this morning, classes had been cancelled.

So far, the kids will need to make up two days, either during spring break or at the end of the year.

Eilan said:
Both, I'd imagine. The main roads are clear, but a lot of the township roads, ours included, are still pretty nasty, and district policy is that the buses don't run on township roads when there's snow on them.

When I went to bed last night, school was on a two-hour delay today, but when I checked online this morning, classes had been cancelled.

So far, the kids will need to make up two days, either during spring break or at the end of the year.

Been a while since I had to worry about snow days. It must be crazy around your house with all three cooped up indoors.

midwestyankee said:
Where do trolls learn to read? Surely this one is evidence that their school hasn't yet heard from the No Troll Left Behind program.

Just when you think you've seen everything... :D

My Isolated Blurt...

I'm not happy with one of my friends today because I feel like he has been blowing me off since yesterday. That's all. Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Willing and Unsure said:
surgery on Monday... yippee

I know you're relieved to finally get this problem fixed. Sending good thoughts your way that things go smoothly.

Good luck, W&U! :rose:

At least someone told him he shouldn't get into the car with people that he doesn't know very well.

Eilan said:
At least someone told him he shouldn't get into the car with people that he doesn't know very well.
Something tells me that there's a good backstory here.

EJFan said:

Well, where exactly have YOU been Sir EJ?!

I can think of a few things that would be a great excuse for not being at the HT/HTC... However, it is a balmy 40 degrees here and raining. I have no excuse!

Thou who smelt it, dealt it! :p

pleasteasme said:
Well, where exactly have YOU been Sir EJ?!

I can think of a few things that would be a great excuse for not being at the HT/HTC... However, it is a balmy 40 degrees here and raining. I have no excuse!

Thou who smelt it, dealt it! :p

40 degrees?! :eek: I'd be happy with 30. Right now it's a pleasant 13 degrees. Brrr.

Hi Tease! I have been pining away for you. :kiss: :cathappy:

bobsgirl said:
40 degrees?! :eek: I'd be happy with 30. Right now it's a pleasant 13 degrees. Brrr.

Hi Tease! I have been pining away for you. :kiss: :cathappy:

13? Oh dear!!! I hope you have plenty of quilts piled on you to keep you warm. Are y'all getting snow too or just the cold?

Pining, for me? :eek: Awwwwwww, I miss you too bg :kiss: :heart: :rose:

4 lanes of traffic, only the green arrow for the left-hand turn lights up. Why is it that not only the clown two lanes over runs the red light in front of him (from a stopped position no less) but the idiot behind him follows in his path?

bobsgirl said:
I know you're relieved to finally get this problem fixed. Sending good thoughts your way that things go smoothly.

Good luck, W&U! :rose:

pleasteasme said:
Good luck W & U ~ I hope the surgery brings you good health!!! :rose:

Thank you both. I will post sometime afterwards to let y'all know how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back