Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF is wrong with this country ?


Seriously.


Their are apparently thousands of summer lifeguarding jobs that go unfilled by U.S. teens. The fact that U.S. teens don't (won't?) apply for these jobs forces companies in the business of providing lifeguards to RECRUIT young people from abroad to do the work.

This is not hearsay. This summer, my local pool had two (2) lifeguards from Ukraine and one (1) from Belarus (Byelorussia).

The U.S. has, apparently, gotten so fat and dumb that our own kids won't do this work. It's beyond my comprehension. Kids used to be delighted to do this kind of work. WTF is going on?



 
trysail

Invent a waterproof smart phone and you might get some action from the kids. :cool:
 
Rant:

You know what? You are such a bastard. You wake me up at 6:50 a.m. under a sense of duty that was guilted out of you (which shouldn't be the case, you asshole) and then you proceed to talk as if it was everyone else's fault that you had to call and talk to me. You proceed to be shocked that it was asked of you and you tell me to reassure my father about what I am doing so that he isn't worried. You think I don't, you dumb moron? You can never be as good or as giving as my father and just because he asked you to check up on me, which you should have done by yourself, you feel the need to ridiculously blame everyone but yourself about things that are not really the case. Grow up. No one asked anything of you other than to be a part of a family. That's what people do when they are related, you ass. No, I don't need you to call me or check up on me. I can take care of myself. But it would be nice to keep relations alive with the only family I have in this city. But if not, so be it. Good riddance to you if you think that calling me once in five years is going to take so much out of you that you have to be stupidly aggressive and dumb about the whole thing. Please, stay away. Your bloody asssholish and petty nature might be catching and I don't want any of that in my life.

/Rant
 
What are you considering?

Moving on, deleting my past here, but I probably won't. I'm not really ashamed of it at all. I rather like the idea that if anything ever happened to me some people might be a bit shocked. But most people wouldn't be, enough people already know.

Yes, you do want to send me those pics of yours.

;)

:kiss: As much of me as you're ever going to see is already here, and there.
 
The Met Office has announced that 2012 was the wettest summer since 1912.

However, in my corner of Kent, even with a wet summer, we have less rainfall in a year than Hurricane Isaac, on its own, dropped on New Orleans.
 
The Met Office has announced that 2012 was the wettest summer since 1912.

However, in my corner of Kent, even with a wet summer, we have less rainfall in a year than Hurricane Isaac, on its own, dropped on New Orleans.

Yeah, hurricanes can be very wet. Especially slow moving ones like Isaac. They suck all the moisture off the Gulf and dump it on land. And they don't even have to touch the land to do it. Check the rainfall totals along the Florida coast for the last week. In some cases, it is larger than what has hit New Orleans.
 

Many in the middle class are doing quite well.

Here are suggestions:
1) Finish High School.
2) Go to college and get a degree in something useful (STEM).
3) Don't have kids until you are married and can afford them.
4) Don't overspend on a house (and certainly don't buy without 20% down).
5) Only purchase used cars until you can pay cash for a new car (which may be never).
6) Stay married.
7) Don't make emotional purchases on credit.
8) Save, save, save.

Too many people blame the government and everybody else for their current lot in life.

Success starts with making good decisions.

 
Oh WoW! I ain't done that in a while.

Brain Freeze!

Those frozen Popsicles in a tube are murder. :eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top