Under hedges and Mill Stones (closed for Led-Astray)

Corbin stood, naked but unashamed as Nisa approached across the pool, aroused at the sight of her stong naked body but stricken at the sight of the wounds upon her head and torso. But he sat down again, slightly dissapointed when she stopped to wash. Then seeing her kneel at his feet, asking if she could heal him...

He could not fully remember the cicrumstances that had led him to be here, the lord of this castle, the owner of this pool. Nor could he remember what the battle he had fought was for, how he and Nisa had come to fight it apart, only surviving when they foudn each other. But the gore that was gradually being washed away by the flowing warm water, and the wounds upon both of their bodies, told their own tale. The battle had been hard, and was not yet won, but here, at least, there was a momtary peace.

He stood then, inadvetanlty bringing his manhood to the level of Nisa's face, and blushed as he realised this. He reached down and took her hand, drawing her to her feet.

"Do not come before me as a supplicant, Nisa... you are my equal, my counterpart, my love..." and without waiting for a response or a refusal, he pulled her to him, naked flesh against naked flesh, delighting in teh feel of her breasts against his broad chest and his rapidly hardening manhood against her stomach. He pressed his mouth against hers, tongue tracign gently along the line of her lips, gently seeking entrance and finding it. After what seemed like an age, he broke the kiss, and looked into her eyes, with both love and desire, and then he lean ito her again and gently kissed her temple, where a jagged cut was surrounded by an ugly bruise.

To his amazement, the skin where he had kissed it knitted before his eyes without even leaving a scar. A second gentle press of his lips and the bruise faded.

In amazement, Corbin traced his fingers over the smooth, perfectly healed skin. Then he took Nisa's hand and traced her fingers over the same area.

"It seems, my lady, that your lord would have us heal each other..." he finally said, in answer to her question.
 
Unlike Corbin, Nisa remembered everything, both what Lunian had planted in her mind as a fears battle and how Sir Corbin had saved her from the hob goblins at her mill, the attack when breaking camp and the undead. She also knew that this experience was more than a reward as the last had been. Something about it felt different. Though she had never been here before, it felt like home. She felt safe and protected her but also like it was her job to make this place safe for others.

Lord Corbin took her hand and brought Nisa to her feet then pulled her close and kissed her deeply. His hard cock pressed against her and she craved it inside her. His arms wrapped around her and she wished he would never let her go. After a while, the lord of the house broke their kiss and gently kissed her temple where the hob goblin's blade had cut her as it flew by. The pain suddenly vanished, replaced with a warm sensation that left her craving more. Corbin looked astonished then took her hand and showed her why.

"So it would seem." Nisa placed her hand on Corbin's bare chest and slowly ran it up to the wounded shoulder she had first healed. It was open again, looking just as nasty as back then. Gently she placed her hand over it and pressed her palm to it. Before she could begin her prayer of healing, a soft blue glow appeared under her hand. Unlike other times she had healed, leaving her drained and tired, Nisa felt a serge of energy. Unvolunteerily, Nisa gave a soft gasp, and pressed her body against Corbin's. the cleric looked up at the tall knight and gave a soft giggle as their eyes met.

There was a moment of silents between then before Nisa whispered, "I desire you, My Lord." as she spoke, her hand slid down his chest, over his stomach and past his hip to the open wound she knew to be on his thigh. "I have longed to feel your touch again. To feel your hands on my body. The taste of your kiss. Your chest pressed against mine, I crave the feel of your heart pounding, the same as mine."
 
Such an imprecation, Corbin could simply not ignore. He wrapped his strong arms around Nisa, pressing their naked bodies together, his thigh between her legs, her breasts crushed against his broad chest.

And then he kissed her - his lips firmly pressed upon hers as his tongue slid tentatively between her willing lips. He groaned, a groan that came from the depths of his heart as the kiss became more passionate, their tongues tangling and exploring each other mouths in turn, holding the kiss, holding, holding, until they were forced apart by the need to draw in a long, shuddering breath.

"Oh my love..." murmured Corbin in Nisa's ear, as his strong fingers caresses her back, tracing her shoulder-blades, her spine, the curve of her bottom. His hands cupped her cheeks and he lifted her, and she could feel his manhood hard against her. He groaned once more at the feeling of his hardness trapped between their bodies but it was not his intention to enter her, not yet.

He turned, and lowered her gently onto the side of the bathing pool, and then knelt at her feet. He looked up at her in adoration, and then began to worship her sex in a different way...

Lowering his head, he began to lick her sweet, wet folds. Using the full width of his tongue, he trailed it firmly from below the bottom of her tender folds, all the way up to the swollen nub of flesh that would give her the greatest pleasure. Again and again he carried out these slow licks as Nisa tangled her fingers into his hair in pleasure and pressed his face harder against his sex.

Then, with each stroke, she felt his tongue pushing deeper into her...
 
As Corbin laid Nisa onto the hard stones she let out a soft moan, prepared to feel him press his body against hers and slide his hard cock into her waiting pussy. When he dropped his face to her folds, at first, Nisa tensed up, unsure. All her fears washed away when his nimble tongue reached her clit. When Corbin repeated the motion, Nisa let out a heavy sigh and let her legs fall open, giving him easier access to her folds. By the third time, Nisa couldn't help but reach down and grab her lovers hair, fearing he might stop. It felt like nothing she had ever experienced and she wanted more.

Corbin's tongue slipped into her pussy as he continued to lap between her folds, still ending on her tender clit. Nisa let out a load moan, "Oh yes, My Lord Corbin, please don't stop." she begged as she could feel an orgasm building.



___________________________________________________________

She sat on her throne out in the middle of the darkened pond. he hair hung about her shoulders. It was cool, so she had wrapped a black, velvet robe about her body, but still her long legs were bare, draped over the arm of her throne. In one hand she held a candle who's flame danced and glowed with unnatural colours. In the other she held a small book, bound in human skin. The words were of a long forgotten language, telling of spells that would damn a man's soul. Next to her sat an hourglass. She dared not read longer than the sands fell for fear of going mad. She did not read that long before she was interrupted.

At her feet, the image of a man rose from the stone. He was tall and thin dressed in sailors garb. though in life he had been proud, now his shoulders hunched forward as he cowered before his mistress.

From over top of the book, she peered at him with dark blue eyes. "Is it done?" She asked, assuming to know his answer. Much to her surprise, he shook his head no. "What do you mean, No?"

The man dropped to his knees and drew and sun on the stones at her feet. The illustration glowed for a moment, then he added a drawing of a figure in cleric's robes. The woman cursed then waved her hand to dismiss him. With a glare, the man sunk back into the stone from which he appeared.

With a shake if her head, she decided to deal with the woman later and went back to her book.
 
Corbin listened carefully to every moan and cry that Nisa gave, using these sweet vocalisations to guide him to the best ways of applying his tongue and lips to bring his lover the greatest pleasure. The stone step was hard against his knees and his neck cramped from bowing so low, but he cared not, not whilst the woman below him was enjoying his ministartions do very much.

He could smell the intoxicating scent of her arousal and taste the juices of her excitement on his tongue, and knew it would not be long before she reached her greatest pleasure. Thus, he stopped.

He looked up and met Nisa's eyes, murmured "You are everything to me..." then lowered his head once more. His lips surrounded her little sensitive nub, sucking it hard, drawing it into his mouth so that he could grip it gently with his teeth, and his tongue began to flick left and right across it.

At the same time, he gently slid two large fingers into her wet and excited sex, curving them upwards to seek out the sensitive spot he knew could be found on the inner walls of her heat.

His own arousal was intense, the stiffness of his member almost painful, but he was determined to give his love, his lover, her pleasure before he sought his own.
 
Nisa arched her back and let out a load moan as the orgasm rocked her body. Corbin could feel the walls of her pussy grip her fingers tightly, milking them as the feeling of intense sexual pressure took hold. "Oh yes!" Nisa gasped as she tried to catch her breath between moans.
 
Corbin was no stranger to using his tongue, lips and fingers to give pleasure. Many a young woman had invited him to their bed, and he had soon learned that using his mouth upon they tender, tight pussies first made it much easier for the girth of his member to slide inside them.

But this was different. This was no mere foreplay, prelude to a lustful mounting. This was an act of love - an act of worship and devotion, and the hedge-knight loaded each stroke of his tongue and caress of his fingers with as much care as he knew how.

Only when he saw the flush of pleasure sweep through his lover's beautifully curved body did he stand, and place the tip of his erect member against the glistening entrance. With a teasing smile he began to rub it up and down the moist folds, and groaned with the sensations this simple act brought to the sensitive, swollen head.

"Oh Nisa...my love, my life..." he whispered, as he smoothly and gently slid his hardness into her waiting sex.
 
Nisa orgasm continued as Sir Corbin stood and rubbed her delicate folds with the head of is cock. He looked down at her with such love and care the head of his cock rubbed over her clit then slipped inside of her. As the head pushed inside her, a second orgasm overlapped the first, with twice the strength.

As Sir Corbin's large cock continued in, Nisa's pussy pulsed around it, twice as fast as her previous orgasm. Unable to hold it in, Nisa cried out, "Yes, Sir corbin! Yes! More! Oh Gods!"
 
"Oh my sweet love," groaned Corbin, as his lover, his love, urged him on. The sensations of her tight sex squeezing hard around his hardness were exquisite.

He responded to her cries with an increased urgency, plunging in and out of her harder and faster, aiming to sate his own increasing need to release his hot, white semen deep inside his lover, whilst still trying to be considerate of Nisa's own needs.

"Nisa...," he cried out. "I am almost there... I want to flood your womb with my seed..." He grabbed at her hip and pulled her hard against him, impaling her upon every last inch of his long, thick member as it began to spasm and twitch inside her, shooting his cum deep into her welcoming quim.
 
As Sir Corbin berried his hard manhood deep in Nisa's wet, throbbing sex, his hands gripping her hips tightly, she pulled herself up, reaching loving arms around his strong neck. Their orgasms continued together as Nisa pulled Corbin down, her soft lips eager to meet his.

"oh my love...." Nisa whispered through gasping breaths in a voice horse with excitement. The feeling of his body pressed against hers as her orgasm continued to rock her body, milking the seed from his manhood. As he returned her kiss, laying her back down on the warm stones, pressing his body on top of hers, Nisa wrapped her arms around his strong shoulders, holding him close.

There, safe in his embrace, Nisa dared to let herself dream. To dream of what might be if this could all be true. If she let her hedge knight love her and if she returned such love. If they had a home to share. And what if she let him spill his seed in her womb? How long would it take him to crave an heir from a woman who couldn't produce one? Would he see the irony in having to produce a bastard with some other woman as his heir if he took her as his wife?

Nisa's orgasm subsided as she continued to kiss Sir Corbin. Her fingers ran through his hair, holding him tightly.
 
Corbin's eyes flicked open, and as he snapped into wakefulness he became aware of three things.

The first was that he was lying on his side, his body pressed tightly against Nisa's womanly curves, his arm flung over her to embrace her just below her full breasts.

The second was that his member was swollen and hard, and having escaped the confines of his braes, was nestled firmly between the rounded cheeks of his companion's nethers.

And the third was the presence of an all--too-familiar tingling sensation in his loins.

Urgently he rolled over onto his back, just in time as his member began to twitch and spasm, spraying his seed over his naked belly. He groaned with the feeling of release, and a wave of shame swept over him. He could recall only parts of his dream, but he knew it had been intensely sexual, and that Nisa had featured strongly as the object of his desire.

Fortunately, Nisa slept on, not witness to his shame. The embarrassed knight looked around, wondering what had become of the heavy blade he had so carefully laid down the center of the bed to preserve Nisa's honour, and found that it had somehow ended up on the floor at the end of the bed. He glared at it suspiciously - he supposed it were possible for it to have worked its way down the bed and clattered to the floor without waking either of them, but it seemed highly unlikely...

Corbin shook his head to clear it - such puzzles would have to wait, there was something more important to do first. Gingerly, trying to prevent his seed from dripping to the floor, he walked over to the basin of wash-water that had been provided the night before, and found beside it several squares of shabby but clean white linen. Taking one, he wiped himself as best he could then walked over to the fireplace, remarkably quiet on his feet for such a large man.

Fortunately, it seemed the grate still had some smouldering embers in it. Corbin carefully blew on them to coax them back into flame and held the seed-soaked cloth over them until it dried and then caught, the evidence of his shame turning to ashes.

He then returned to the water basin, and with a damp cloth wiped his face, hands, and then his loins and belly, removing the last traces of stickiness, before pulling his braes firmly back up.

He had just finished tying the cords that held his braes firmly around his waist - unsure of how they had come undone in the night - when he heard sounds from the bed, and turned back to see if Nisa was waking.
 
Though Corbin woke as he spilled his seed, Nisa remained in the dream. As the knight has slipped from the bed they shared, the miller still felt her lover's body pressed on top of hers. He continued to kiss her then down her jaw to her neck. Strong hands caressed her sides as she slipped up from her hips to her arms. He took her hands in hers and slowly pinned them to the stone floor on either side on her head.
___________________
Nisa let out a soft moan as she rolled onto her back on the center of the bed. She gripped the pillow edges tightly and let her head fall to the far side of the bed. Nisa bent her legs under the covers and the top edge slipped down over her breasts, exposing her hard nipples to the cool morning air.

_____________________

Her lover continued to kiss her neck up to her ear. Nisa let out a soft moan as she felt Lord Corbin continue to pump is hard cock into her wet, cum filled pussy. "I will make you a lady." he whispered into her ear as he increased the speed of each thrust. Nisa felt another orgasm build quickly and as it over took her, she gasped and gripped her lovers hands tightly.

___________________

Nisa gripped the pillow and gasped, arching her back as wave after wave of sexual energy rocked her body under the covers. "Oh yes!" she gasped softly in her sleep. "Please don"t stop Lord Corbin." her voice was no more than a whisper but it carried across the silent room.

________________________

Still in the bath chamber, Nisa's lover complied with her begging, though his lips remained at her neck and ear. I will give you great power to do even greater good." Then her lover pushed up above her but the face looking down at her was not that of Corbin but of the silver haired man who had brought them together. The same man who was in so many of her other dreams. She knew who he was. Lunium. Her God smiled down at her.

___________________________

Nisa gasped as her eyes shot open and she sat up with a start. The miller gasped for breath as she tried to gain her baring. She couldn't quiet remember where she was. The room felt so cold, unlike the warm bath chamber she had just left in her dreams. She reached for the covers when she realized she was naked, but her hands shook so hard, she couldn't grip the blankets. Her heart pounded and she body was still reaction to the stimulation in her dreams for her pussy still throbbed as her orgasm subsided. She blinked hard a few times then looked around trying to understand what had happened.

The only thing she noticed was the sword leaned up against the foot of the bed. The first sun rays bounced of it's polished blade.
 
Last edited:
Even though he had just spilled his seed, Corbimn would have had to have been a man of stone not to react to the erotic writhing and whispers of the beautiful woman on the bed. His blood rushed to his cheeks and manhood in equal measure and soon his member once more stood proud from his body, straining against the confines of his braes, even as his face flushed with shame.

With the best will in the world, he could not tear his eyes away from Nisa's naked beauty, and as she said his name he took an involuntary step towards the bed. Then she suddenly sat upright, startling him. He was no stranger to women, and it was obvious that she had just had an orgasm as intense as his own, if not moreso. And all whilst thinking of him...

He took another step towards the bed, letting out a soft groan as the cloth of his braes stimulated the head of his engorged parts, and this was enough to awake Nisa from her seeming daze. She turned her head in his direction and their eyes locked.

"What is happening to us..." he whispered.
 
Nisa wanted to reach out her hands to him and feel his arms around her as he joined her back under the warm covers but the look of fear and confusion on the knights face brought her completely out of her daze. How much did he remember? And how much had he seen and heard after waking? He admitted to knowing very little about Lunium. The god was known to be a trickster to those who did not understand. If she explained to Sir Corbin that the dream they shared was a gift for her, he might change his mind of her intentions. Witches who seduce noble men in their sleep were often burned alive.

A slight breeze from the shutters reminded Nisa that her body still remained partially nude. Quickly, Nisa looked away from Corbin in shame as she pulled the linen sheets up over her chest. As she did, a carving above the door caught her eye and she thanked Lunium for the way out of the situation he had placed her in. With a shaking hand, Nisa pointed, "Above the door is a carving of Villia, Goddess of futility. The inn keeper said this room was known as the honeymoon suite and many children had been conserved here. Villia must be strong here." Nisa's big green eyes looked back at Corbin for a moment. Did he believe her?

The miller let her eyes drop to the covers by her feet in shame. Nisa knew that "the gods made me do it" was an excuse made by the weak and cowardly. The god's didn't command anyone's will but might try to influence those who follow them. The final decision was always up to the man or woman, not the god.

With a heavy sigh, Nisa reached down to the floor by the bed and retrieved her blouse and skirt where she dropped them the night before. She quickly slipped the cotton peasants blouse over her head, unsuccessfully trying to hold the sheets up over her naked body at the same time then turned and slipped her legs out from the overs and through the waist of her full skirt. As quickly as she could she stood, her long blouse covering most of her bare legs and round bottom before she managed to pull up her skirt, and tied it about her waist.

Not daring to look Corbin in the eye for fear of seeing anger or hatred in the hedge knights eyes, Nisa kept here eyes on the floor as she slipped her feet into her slippers and reached up to pull her hair back and tie it up. As she did, her fingers brushed against the fresh tattoos of the silver and blue crescent moons along her neck that now dipped down across her breast. "I think it best we move on quickly this morning..... before the village gives into fear about having a cleric of Lunium in their presence." Nisa commented softly as she turned to the hedge knight.
 
Last edited:
Nisa may have been afraid of seeing hatred or anger in Corbin's eyes, but perhaps the love she could see there was even more alarming. As she made her excuse, she could also see relief in his eyes.

"yes... you are right, that surely accounts for everything."

She could tell that he didn't really believe her, that his enthusiasm to accept her explanation was just as false as the explanation itself - but then, he had already made clear that he couldn't afford to love her, that the life he led was not one to be shared with a loved one. Being able to pass their mutual attraction off as the influence of Villia was a convenient untruth.

He sought the rest of his own clothes as Nisa dressed, and soon both were more modestly clad. he looked at her oddly when she made her statement about moving on.

"You saved lives here, last night, Nisa. I do not think any are going to run us out of town..." he said with a tentative smile. "But you are nevertheless right - we should move on quickly. Let us go see what out host can provide with which to break our fast."

Gallantly, he held out his arm for her.
 
Nisa slipped her arm around Sir Corbin's and the pair made their way down stairs. The inn keeper had a spread ready for them of bread and cheese as well as a bundle ready for the road. He refused payment for the accommodations or the food. Only when the man told Corbin that it would be an insult to his hospitality for the knight and the cleric to pay did Sir Corbin drop the matter and thanked the man.

Once back on the road, the pair road in silents. So many things weighed heavily on both their minds. Still Nisa tried to enjoy the beauty around them. The fall leaves that had already fallen danced about their horses hooves in the breeze. As they road under over hanging trees, golden leaves fell about them, catching the warm light of the mid day sun. Colourful birds bounced about the under brush, calling their mates as they gathered to prepare for their winter flights to warmer places.

Finally Nisa let go of her worries and just enjoyed the ride. Thoughts of what was to come crept into her thoughts. She wondered what wonders would meet her at the tournament. Her curiosity finally brought her to speak.

"Sir Corbin, what will the tournament be like? I've never been to such a thing. What sorts of things go in there besides the games?" she asked, smiling at the knight warmly, her good mood showing on her face.
 
Corbin was pleased to see Nisa's spirits on the rise, and smiled warmly in return. Trusting Grace to follow the road without much guidance, he turned to his lovely companion and began to explain.

"Well, my lady, the main even shall of course be the melee, in which the two armies of knights charge upon each other en masse before turning to see individual foes. It is there I hope to capture a ransom or two..." he smiled easily, thinking about the sport he could have there. Yes, there would be risk, but he felt grimly confident in his ability to hold his own against those that merely play at being knights.

"Then in the evening there shall be feasting. Lavish banquets and entertainments of all manner, both for the nights and for the common folk that accompany them. I expect there shall be other competitions the next day, such as single combat both on horse and on foot, or feats of horsemanship and agility. There are likely to be competitions for the men at arms, also, in marksmanship of both bow and arbalast."

He trailed off, thoughtfully. "On that second day you must remain close to me. An unattached woman at such an event is likely to be singled out by all manner of men, some of whom will think they have certain... rights."

His voice remained even but the thought of any such oaf approaching Nisa had him clenching his fist so hard that the creaking of his iron gauntlet under strain was clearly audible.
 
As the knight rode beside her, Nisa could hear the excitement he felt when thinking about the event that took place in 3 days. Her smile grew wider as she could see a spark in his eyes. Then something changed. It was ever so suttle but his smile lessened and his voice no long held the same tone of excitement, but became more flat. The only true show of the knights feelings were in his hands. Nisa looked down as the sound of his gauntlet creaked under the strain of Sir Corbin's fist.

Nisa reached across the short span between Dancer and Grace and placed her hand on his steel glove. "I will stay by your side, Sir Corbin...." As their eyes locked, Nisa realized what she had said and, though she meant it in the moment, fear again took hold. She pulled her hand back and looked away. "If it's a matter of safety." she said softly. How she wished it could be more but the last thing a hedge knight needed to worry about was the feelings of a common woman like herself. His mind needed to be focused on other things.
 
"Yes..." mumbled Corbin, looking straight ahead. "A matter of safety..."

He dared not look at Nisa, not at this moment. Even though the steel on his hand prevented him from feeling her skin on his, he could feel the weight of her hand upon his and he knew in his heart that she felt the same way as he did. A love that they dared not admit.

It took all of his willpower to not turn his head, to not look into her eyes, to not take her hands in his and declare his love proudly, desperately. But once again, he held back - and for the same reasons as ever - what could the love of a poor hedge knight, never home, always roaming, bring to a woman like this?

She deserved better than he could deliver, and no matter the pain it wrought within his breast, he would not profess to her a love that could bring only misery.

In silence, save for the clopping of hooves and the jingle of tack, they rode on.
 
It had been a long day and yet it still wasn't done. As she walked through the under ground tunnels, her black robes dragged on the stone floor, leaving a trail of blood, mud and ash.

Since dawn she had traveled by the paths of black magic to a village in the neighboring county. There she had questioned many peasants as her horde of goblins had pillaged, raping and taking anything they pleased. "One must truly know one's enemy before we can truly have victory over them." her father had always said. Standing over a fat baker who grovelled for his life as his wife and daughter were raped and eaten, she learned that a knight by the name of Sir Corbin had accompanied a simple miller through there only a few days earlier. Her name was Nisa Sonette, though her married name had been Draper. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. The baker gave her very little more than that before he died. In face she gathered even less from the rest before she ordered every last one to die.

At mid day, she followed another path to a castle on the far side of the kingdom. Under the cover of a magical cloak, she went about her dark task. First, the young son, no more than 3 lay napping in a small bed. A pillow slipped over his face and he stopped kicking after only a few minutes. Next down the stairs. The couple never saw her coming as a dagger first plunged down through the spine of the aging Lord. He slumped in his chair then fall forward into his soup. His young bride gasped, thinking her husband had simply dropped dead. Her fate was not as pleasant. The same dagger ripped through her belly, her intestines spilling out onto her lap.

The kitchen maid rushed to see what had made her mistress cry out so, only to find the chamber door locked from the inside and smoke billowing out from underneath. Long before a bucket brigade could be organized, the entire tower was engulfed in flames. The flames were so hot that the glass from the windows in the tower ran down the stone walls like water.

Now she stood in her chamber, tired but not yet done. She had a destiny she needed to fulfill and there was one whom still stood in her path. Upon a small table lay a single hair. Long and chest nut in colour. She was the thorn in her side. A small matter that would have to be dealt with but, somehow, had alluded her. A small matter.

Feeling weak and tired, the sorceress slumped down into her large chair and reached for a goblet by her foot. It was light, made of bone. In it's cup, a blue liquid glowed, insinuating her tired eyes as she peered into it's depths. There they were, settling in for the evening. The camp fire softly glowing in front of the mouth of a cave. Though they were of great interest to her, her attention was not set on them but one the search. The sorceress took a deep breath and whispered the spidery language of black magic. It only took the vision in the cup a moment to answer her request, finding what she looked for.

In a much smaller cavern, 100 feet away to the south, in a large burrow slept a massive bear. It's slumber had not been disturbed in nearly 50 years and most had forgotten that it had ever even roamed this forest. At first she reached her mind out to the dier bear, stroking it's mind. It came as quiet the shock when it's response was to roll over and growl. Not one to give up, she pushed on, poking it, demanding it wake, demanding it do her bidding, to listen when it's new mistress commanded. Suddenly it's huge brown eyes shot open and it shook it's head, trying to clear the sorceress from it's thoughts. She again pushed on, finally finding her grip on the creature but between her weakness from all that she had already done that day and the relentlessness fight the bear put up, she only held control by the very tips of her fingers.
 
Hours had passed and time had eased the uncomfortable silence. Corbin and Nisa were once again chatting comfortably, taking considerable care to skirt carefully around any areas of conversation that might lead down awkward conversational avenues.

The road had twisted around hills, forded a shallow river, and was now taking them through an ancient wood bordered by a rocky hillside. The dirt track was surrounded by ancient trees, their trunks too twisted and gnarled to be worth felling for timber and too tough to be worth the effort of felling for charcoal or firewood. Instead, these venerable trunks stood like guardians of another age, a time before men, when ancient beasts hunted, fought and died.

"What tales these trees could tell us if they could but talk." said Nisa, brightly.

Corbin nodded in agreement, then suddenly, paused. He tugged on Grace's reins and the well trained warhorse came to an immediate halt, her only sound a brief snort of agitation. Corbin gestured to Nisa to do the same. The Jennet halted with slightly less discipline that Grace, pawing the ground but eventually settling.

"What..." began Nisa, in a whisper, but Corbin interrupted her with a hissed "listen..."

"I don't hear anything... " murmured Nisa, trailing off. She had realised the same as her knightly escort. The woods were silent. Utterly so. These trees, at this time of year, in this bright daylight, should have been alive with birdsong. There should be rabbits visible at the side of the track - there were certainly plenty of warren-holes visible by the side of the road. But there was nothing. Even the wind had died to an unnatural stillness.

Then the woods to their left seemed to explode as a huge brown shape came barreling out of the dense undergrowth. Stout branches snapped like twigs and thick tangles of formidable briars ripped apart like cobwebs as the bear burst from its hiding place and launched itself at Corbin.

Caught utterly by surprise, the hedge-night was barely able to raise his shield before the bear was upon him. A clawed paw with the strength of 10 men ripped the shield from his arm, wrenching his shoulder painfully, and the bear lashed out with the 6 inch claws, jagged and black, in a stroke that should have laid the knights face open to the bone, and probably taken both of his eyes.

Corbin screamed in pain and defiance, expecting to die, but just as the claws were about to strike flesh, the descending paw stopped. The bear screwed up its face, shook its head and roared angrily, but something stayed its paw from the devastating blow.

Seems the beast does not want me dead thought Corbin, stunned by the suddenness of the attack and its strange halt. Overcoming his shock at this strange fortune that had saved him from near certain death, and ignoring the agonising pain from his wrenched shoulder, the warrior drew his sword.

He knew he only had time for one strike before the bear was upon him again, and knew he had to choose wisely - the fate of both himself and his love could depend on this one strike. It was not a conscious choice - there was no time for such - but he lashed out instinctively.

With a broad sweep, he brought the flat of his blade down upon the rump of Nisa's mount.

"RIDE, NISA!" He bellowed, but he need not have shouted as the panicked jennet needed no further encouragement. With a terrified squeal the riding horse bolted, taking Nisa away from danger.

Before he could turn back to the bear, Corbin felt a massive paw land upon his back, knocking him from the saddle. He found himself flying through the air, coming to rest with a crack that could only be a broken bone and with a suddenness that the knocked the air and the sense from him. He blacked out...
 
Last edited:
If one dared spy on her they might not see any change in the beautiful sorcereress. The only signs of struggle she showed externally was a slight frown. but mentally she was struggling to remain in control. The beast struggled and fought against her and she had to strangle the bear to turn it in the dirrection she wished it to go. After a moment, the massive bear bounded towards the trail where she could smell both horses and humans. She smiled slightly as it bounded into the clearing and turned it towards the woman.... only to have the beast charge the knight who lay between them.

For a moment all she could see was red, the dier bear enraged as it took it's anger out on the knight. Beads of sweat rolled down her face as she fought to regain control. The death of the knight was not part of her plans. Vision suddenly regained just as the beast was about to rip the knight from the saddle and devourer him, she regained control, stopping the bear in it's tracks.

Again, the beast battled to regain control. through he fight, the sorcereress could hear the knight yell, "RIDE NISA!" The sound of the bastard sword slapping the jennett's rump distracted the sorcereress. If the woman got away, all was for nothing. The distraction was enough for the bear to, again regain control. With one quick swipe, the bear knocked the knight from his saddle and was on him. She let out a soft cry and dug her claws into the beast, stopping only moments before it crushed the knights skull in it's jaws.

She forced it to look up and saw the chest nut horse race away, the woman holding on for dear life. "After her!" She commanded and the beast began the chase after the horse and rider. It bounded just past the edge of the clearing then gave a loud bellow and took control of it's own actions once more. Stopping dead in it's tracks, the bear began to shake it's head. Knowing that the problem was in there, it began to shake it's head from side to side. The sorcereress forced it to turn back the way the horse and rider had escaped. She could smell the fear of both trailing behind. "Follow!" she ordered and the bear took two slow steps then began to bound forward, It raced fast and faster till there was a bend in the path. Just as it came to the curve, the bear dropped it's head and piled head first into the massive hardwood tree. Far above, a flock of birds took flight as their tree shook.

The sorcereress let out a cry and dropped the goblet. If the vessel smashed more not, she did not know for her head dropped back and as her dark hair draped over the arm of the large chair, she lost consciousness.

_________________________________________________________________

It all happened so fast, Nisa only knew fear. As Dancer took off, the reins slipped from her grip and the miller had not choice but to hold onto the saddle and pray that she did not fall. At first she thought that Sir Corbin was right behind her but when she looked back, she realized that it wasn't the sound of Grace's hoof beets but the pounding of her heart she heard. It seemed like for ever before Nisa regained control, finally reaching forward and grabbing the reins of the jennett. Just as the horse came to a reluctant stop, a loud bang came from the trail she had just past, a flock of tiny birds taking to the skys.

Nisa pulled the horse around hard and kicked her sides till she finally turned back the way they had come. As they rounded the bend, the jennett spooked, seeing the bear on the trail ahead. It took her rider a few tries to get her to go forward. Nisa could see blood oozing from the smashed bears skull. As she rode past, Nisa could see the beasts brain matter exposed to the evening air and froth draining from the bears mouth.

Kicking the horse hard, Nisa rushed back to find where Sir Corbin was. Fearing the worst, Nisa gasped and pulled Dancer to a sudden stop when her fears were confirmed. The knight lay in a bloody heap in the middle of the trail, Grace dancing about him. With a helpless cry, Nisa dismounted, falling to the ground as she did. Rushing over, Nisa fall to the ground in front of the knight.

Sir Corbin's left leg lay at an odd angle, blood pouring from under his armor, his leg broken just below the hip. the knights left arm lay at an unnatural angle as well above his head, dislocated from the shoulder. blood ran from four long claw marks along his head and blood bubbled and oozed from his mouth with every breath."No." Nisa cried softly as she reached down and brushed the hair from Sir Corbin's face.

"It will be ok." she said softly as tears streamed down her face. Quickly, Nisa rubbed her hands together and placed on on the knights chest and the other on his face. Fearing to close her eyes, Nisa whispered her prayer to Lunium. "Please grant me the power to heal him."

Nisa could feel her God's presents. He was so close yet there was no answer. She began to panic, "Oh Lunium, please!" She begged out loud. Finally an answer came and Nisa began to sob when she hear the word, "No!" ring in her ears. Sir Corbin's looked right through her.


_____________________________________________________

Corbin couldn't hear Nisa's words. He could barely feel her touch. The pain consumed him. Each beat of his heart send shooting pain through his arms and legs and each breath felt like someone slid a new blade between his ribs. Though he could see her face, something else held his vision. A man stood behind the miller. He was draped in long blue robes and his sliver hair did not match his young face. His voice was soft and very familiar though the knight could not place where he had heard it.

"I must confess, I've never felt pain. God's don't feel the physical the same as you mortals. We have some of the same emotions and I have felt.... pleasures but never pain. So is it worth it, Lord Corbin of Beck? All that you've been through for a simple miller. I could make it all go away. The pain that rocks your body and will likely kill you."

Corbin found himself on the back of Grace in a forest filled with autumn leaves. He could see a brook up ahead. He had seen the same scene the evening he had come upon the mill. The man in the blue robes stood beside him looking at the road ahead. "To the left to the mill, and her and the painful death that waits you or to the right. To a future without her. It's you're choice Lord Corbin of Beck."
 
In this dreamlike state, Corbin could remember every dream that had featured this blue-robed interloper. Now, finding himself atop Grace, faced with a choice, he looked down at the god with a mixture of anger and contempt.

"Pain is not the only mortal thing you fail to understand..." he snorted. "For a mortal, every road leads to death. For a Hedge Knight, the chance that death with be violent and painful is something i have come to terms with long ago."

"So the only choice you have to offer me, is the choice of saving Nisa from brutal rape at the hands of the hobgoblins, or to not do so. And that, my friend, is not a choice at all."

He tugged firmly upon the reigns, turning Grace's head towards the path that led to the mill.

"Hyahhh!" he bellowed, digging his heel's firmly into Graces flanks. Grace reared up, and in the moment before his mount bolted at speed towards the mill, Corbin fixed Lunium with a stare.

"It would not be a choice even if I did not love her." he growled, then they were off, man and horse in perfect harmony, slaves to a single will, hurtling along the forest path towards an uncertain future.
 
Lunium smiled and nodded his approval. As Corbin raced off, the words of the god echoed in his head. "Well said, Lord Corbin. I had hoped you would choose this path. Not all noble men are so noble."

As Corbin crested the hill, a sudden feeling of falling took him. Grace disappeared from beneath him and he can crashing down, handing hard on the ground. The next thing he knew was the pain again. Nisa sobbed over him, her tears pouring down her face.

"Oh please Corbin, don't die." She sobbed. Again she begged the god she felt so close, "Lunium, I beg you: grant me the power to save him. I will give anything, do anything that you ask."

For a moment there was nothing but silence then an question. "Why?" seemed to come on the wind.

"Because he is a good man and a noble knight." Nisa said out loud as she looked down into Corbin's eyes as he gasped for air once more only exhale bloody foam. "Because the world would be horrible place without him and I can't go on without him. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone or anything." A sudden feeling of calmness came over the miller as she continued to confess her feelings for the hedge knight. "He is more important to life than breath. I would rather see him smile in my direction only once more than ever feel the sun on my face again. If given the choice between his kiss on my lips or food and drink pass through them ever again, I would starve just to feel them one last time. I love him more than life itself." Nisa said and leaned down, pressing her lips gently to the dieing hedge knights.

Lunium smiled. "Was it truly so bad to finally say it?" he asked. As he did, Corbin felt a warmth rush from Nisa's lips, down through his body. The pain was instantly gone, replaced with a feeling of immense strength.
 
Back
Top