Not open for further replies.
I'm reading the following:

Regina Pucketts Short Tales of Terror
The Rosie Project
Kitten Tales
Try Me
Rock Hard

OK. Thanks for the recommendation.

Welcome. If you havent read the eastern theatre books give them a shot too.

The killer angels (Basis of Gettysburg movie)
Gods and Generals (prequal to Gettysburg, movie of same name)
The last full measure

The last full measure

Killer Angels blew my hair back, loved it

I read half of Mirage by Clive Cussler last night.

Dude has written about 100 books, all with the same basic formula, but I like him.

The last full measure

Killer Angels blew my hair back, loved it

Read those and yes I think Killer Angels is the best of those too.

If you haven't read Gone For Soldiers by Jeff Shaara try that one. It's about the Mexican-American War. Early exploits of the officers who would become generals in the Civil War.

You read the Void books?

I have. Finally got all five for xmas as well as The Skinner by Neil Asher. Read that after I sent Reaper's Gale to the library. So, yes, going to hit the Void novels soon enough.

Just started The Collector by John Fowles.

And lined up next:

Picnic At Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay
Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard Von Bingen - Mary Sharratt
The Mistletoe Bride - Kate Mosse

If you haven't read Gone For Soldiers by Jeff Shaara try that one. It's about the Mexican-American War. Early exploits of the officers who would become generals in the Civil War.

thanks for the reccy, bro

Thanks! Ill get it next time I go to the book store. I want to read his ww1 and 2 books too. I think once this next civil war set is done he is going to do a book on vietnam

I just started Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski, third novel in the Witcher series.

I couldn't finish the first one. I still have about a 3rd to go. Does it get any better?

I found the Last Wish fairly hard going too, maybe its because it wasnt originally written in English the syntax can be a bit skewed sometimes. As for the story itself is quite dark too but I still enjoyed it, Blood of the Elves I was able to get through a bit easier, probably because I'd adjusted to his style of writing in the first book.

This thread is like an indiesnob music thread. Except it's filled with books nobody ever heard of instead of music nobody ever heard of.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back