Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do the terms "Eat and run," and "Dine and dash," mean two completely different things when the words themselves mean the same thing?
 
Okay, I feel the irritability slipping away mellowing time to either nap or play my guitar.:cool:
 
Nothing like cleaning up dog vomit at 4 in the morning. :rolleyes:

Oh, I think stepping in cat vomit at 6 in the morning is a pretty close contender.

How about walking into your toddler's room and finding that she stuck her hands down her diaper and is now having the time of her life smearing her own poop everywhere? That didn't happen until 8, but . . . ew.
 
How about walking into your toddler's room and finding that she stuck her hands down her diaper and is now having the time of her life smearing her own poop everywhere? That didn't happen until 8, but . . . ew.

Has she been talking to my grandson?

We have switched him into all-in-ones for overnight so he can't get his hands at the poop...
 
Has she been talking to my grandson?

We have switched him into all-in-ones for overnight so he can't get his hands at the poop...

Oh my--intercontinental toddler telepathy!

Our mistake was trying a two-piece pajama outfit last night. Lesson learned: stick with the one piece jammies.
 
Yesterday I was at a stoplight in my Camaro when another with the same paint job pulled up along side me. We started chatting, and he said he had supped up his 300 horsepower V6 to 460, 34 horsepower above my 426...
 
Back in the spring I tore something in my shoulder/pectoral area. I couldn't do pushups, or bench press, or pectoral flies. It sucked. Today, I finally rehabilitated the area enough that I finally did three sets of eight pushups for the first time since the spring. Yay!
 
(Insert string of swear words here.)

I have a frozen left shoulder. ...

Estimated time to full recovery if it is a severe frozen shoulder? Three months to two years. :(

Three physiotherapy sessions, five half-hours with the ice-machine, and hours of painful exercises - now I have recovered 50% of the use of that shoulder, months ahead of schedule.

I have a different set of exercises and more physiotherapy to come but prospects are good for full recovery before Christmas.

My daughter's father-in-law has the same condition. He is still waiting for his first NHS physiotherapy session.

He could afford the private physiotherapy I've had but his politics are against it. :(
 
The Law Of Unintended Consequences





On this day in 1517, Martin Luther posted his Ninety-Five Theses on the doors of the Castle Church in Wittenberg.


He had absolutely no idea of the whirlwind that he was about to set in motion.



 
A plot bunny for next year's halloween contest:

Young dude thinks pinning paint chips to his sweatshirt makes a "fifty Shades Of Grey" costume.

Woman invites him in and shows him what "fifty Shades Of Grey" means to the women who bought the book.

Dude leaves in the morning-- his teeshirt in shreds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top