do iq's automatically drop when people start reading on here?

A possible solution would be for the tags to appear prominently at the beginning of the story, giving the reader fair warning of the content of the story before the reader begins. Doing this might ward off some potential flamers and trolls.

Certainly, but what has been the result of asking for this for over a decade? Is the effort being put to updating the Web site incorporating this request that's so obviously beneficial but yet so old that it's growing moss?

Not having been a participant in these threads until 11 months ago, I didn't know that. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to implement. I have no idea if this is true but I wonder if the owners/managers of the site are simply short-handed and don't have the time to put these changes into effect. I imagine keeping up with new stories by itself would be a huge task.

I'm sure skepticism is in order but in a post in early October Manu said that putting tags at the beginning of stories is in beta testing. When or if it will be implemented remains to be seen.
 
I'm sure skepticism is in order but in a post in early October Manu said that putting tags at the beginning of stories is in beta testing. When or if it will be implemented remains to be seen.

I fully expect to see a reply from Pilot soon repeating the first six words of that sentence in all caps. :)
 
rae121452, I think it would help to put a disclaimer at the beginning of your story, so everybody knows right away what they're dealing with, and can move on if they're not interested.
 
Anonymous comments...

ONCE AGAIN "anonymous" has left an abusive comment because my gay incest story posted in the incest category...

I believe that those who comment as Anon. are either too lazy to log in or they are too chicken shit to own their words. I wouldn't pay any attention to abusive comments whether the user logged in or stayed anon.

Some choices regarding comments:
1. Read and reply.
2. Read and ignore.
3. Don't read. (i.e. turn off commenting)

I do like the suggestions of others regarding putting a disclaimer at the top of your story. Many authors do this. Personally, I don't find same sex stories to my liking. I have found several of them in the incest category and in other categories. When I find them, I simply move on. I realize and accept that while it isn't my thing, that others might find the story hot.

Don't let one abusive homo-phobe control your actions. Do what you would have done anyway.
 
I believe that those who comment as Anon. are either too lazy to log in or they are too chicken shit to own their words.

Some people legitimately do not have an account on Lit. Some readers may feel as though they don't need one.

However, abusive "feedback" is someone just trolling.
 
Yes, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mostly they do it because they don't have much of a life.

I've seen some reports on the most prolific internet trolls finally being traced and exposed. They really were as you'd imagine, utterly nondescript looking pot bellied couch potatoes, one had the most doodley-doo ridiculous moustache I've ever seen, I though that fashion went out with the Red Baron!

I've noticed people that really do get enough sex, even some minor sex stars, are much nicer and don't troll.

Thinking on it, no, there was one guy that quite maliciously trolled me on fetlife. He looked physically okay, but his tee shirts were all horribly creased and his pants all stained. Lived on his own, making out he was a Master. Then I saw his blog elsewhere, he was really messed up, somewhat schizoid, like Gollum, arguing with himself and everything. The poor sod needed a straitjacket.

Sooo, I'm assuming that you would advise against providing one's real name, address and telephone number at the end of our stories :D
 
rae121452, I think it would help to put a disclaimer at the beginning of your story, so everybody knows right away what they're dealing with, and can move on if they're not interested.

I've always thought doing that would just make it easier for the trolls to find something to attack ;) But, I still do it out of courtesy to normal people.
 
Back
Top