FAQ's - Read Before Posting Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Breathe~ said:
I came in here with the same problem today. I have created a thread using an acronym which I typed in capitals (AN SMS) but is showing in both upper and lower case (An Sms) - Is there a way to turn off the auto 'correction' for titles?

I also have another question: is it possible to delete a thread you started but no longer want showing?

G'day ~Breathe~, good question and one which I have no answer for, there are some threads that have the titles in all caps (that blew my theory out of the water).
My suggestion to both questions is to PM the mod of the particular forum and see what they can do. I'm not sure about deleting an entire thread, I know it has been done before though. If they can't/wont then the best you can do is to go back and edit out all your posts, unfortunately that doesn't help if someone has quoted you, again all you can do is PM the poster and ask them to edit their posts too.

I hope you are not in Monica's line of fire.

quoll said:
G'day ~Breathe~, good question and one which I have no answer for, there are some threads that have the titles in all caps (that blew my theory out of the water).
My suggestion to both questions is to PM the mod of the particular forum and see what they can do. I'm not sure about deleting an entire thread, I know it has been done before though. If they can't/wont then the best you can do is to go back and edit out all your posts, unfortunately that doesn't help if someone has quoted you, again all you can do is PM the poster and ask them to edit their posts too.

I hope you are not in Monica's line of fire.
Ok thanks for that Quoll, I'll give the moderators a go......

~Breathe~ said:
Ok thanks for that Quoll, I'll give the moderators a go......

Our wonderful moderator fixed it all up for us :) - thanks for your help Quoll

WoW
All my questions were answered. Thanks Sweet Erika & Quoll!

Hi there,

I've written my first story in the BDSM section called 'Bond of Friendship'. I've checked that it has been vetted and posted in the 'new story' section so that's ok. Although I've had a try I can't figure out how to post a link that works in my signature. Bit of a newbie to computers. I'd also like the link to say a different word as part of a quote rather than viewers seeing the http:// link address.

I expect you get asked this a lot so I didn't think it was worth a thread.

Thanks

Velvet :kiss:

VelvetDarkness said:
Hi there,

I've written my first story in the BDSM section called 'Bond of Friendship'. I've checked that it has been vetted and posted in the 'new story' section so that's ok. Although I've had a try I can't figure out how to post a link that works in my signature. Bit of a newbie to computers. I'd also like the link to say a different word as part of a quote rather than viewers seeing the http:// link address.

I expect you get asked this a lot so I didn't think it was worth a thread.

Thanks

Bond of Friendship
Like this?
If you hit the reply button on my post you will see the code needed to put the link in your sig. Just go to edit sig in your user CP and paste it in, you can change the wording to whatever you want, just don't change any of the [ or ] and you'll be fine.
If you want more detailed instructions just let me know.
Welcome to lit. :)

If you hit the reply button on my post you will see the code needed ...
Actually, if you click the Quote button at the bottom right corner of the message, instead of the Reply button, you'll see the code.

The short of it is, to insert a link either in a message or in a signature, use the [url] and [/url] tags. The general format is:
[url=http://www.literotica.com/some_page.php]Words to display for this link[/url]

It's easiest to start with the url "open" & "close" tags:
[url][/url]

Then, paste the link inside the open tag (note the equal sign between the word url and the link):
[url=http://www.example.com][/url]

Finally add in the words to display for the link:
[url=http://www.example.com]Here's the link[/url]

Example:
[url=http://www.literotica.com/]Literotica Home Page[/url]

Produces a link like this:
Literotica Home Page

[size=-2]More on vB Code tags[/size]

Last edited:
Hotcappucino said:
Actually, if you click the Quote button at the bottom right corner of the message, instead of the Reply button, you'll see the code.

The short of it is, to insert a link either in a message or in a signature, use the [url] and [/url] tags. The general format is:
[url=http://www.literotica.com/some_page.php]Words to display for this link[/url]

It's easiest to start with the url "open" & "close" tags:
[url][/url]

Then, paste the link inside the open tag (note the equal sign between the word url and the link):
[url=http://www.example.com][/url]

Finally add in the words to display for the link:
[url=http://www.example.com]Here's the link[/url]

Example:
[url=http://www.literotica.com/]Literotica Home Page[/url]

Produces a link like this:
Literotica Home Page

[size=-2]More on vB Code tags[/size]
Ok it depends on what skin you are using, some say quote some say reply, some are on the bottom left some are on the bottom right and some are on the top right, but when you reply to someone's post the coding for any links in that post are visible, or you could just read HC's instructions, but don't do the quote thing on his post or you will confuse the hell out of yourself. :D

Last edited:
Thanks very much guys, as you can see I managed to get my link!

Just pasted it from Quoll's post so haven't exactly come over all highly skilled.

Slowly getting the hang of code.

VelvetDarkness said:
Thanks very much guys, as you can see I managed to get my link!

Just pasted it from Quoll's post so haven't exactly come over all highly skilled.

Slowly getting the hang of code.

:cool:

HC's instructions are spot on for when you are ready to make the leap.

Last edited:
SweetErika said:
You must have at least 100 posts for an avatar.

Once you've reached 100, you may have to wait a few hours for the system to update. Then:
1) Log out of Lit
2) Clear your temporary internet files/cache
3) Close your browser (if you use multiple browsers, tabs, or windows, close them all)
4) Come back to Lit and log in
5) Go to the User CP>Edit Avatar
6) Refresh the page.
7) Click the Browse button, and upload the file.

***Your image can't be more than 150 pixels in the largest dimension or greater than 15.0 kb, whichever is smaller. If you need image editing software, many people here recommend a free program called Irfanview .

Finally I understand...............

Eilan said:
This isn't a commonly asked question, but some advice:

If you want to post to a thread, be sure to check the date of the original post and the date of the last post. The person with five posts who asked for advice back in 2003 and hasn't been heard from since has probably resolved the problem in one way or another by now. This normally won't apply unless you're digging into the older threads.

It's pretty much okay to resurrect an old thread if it ties in with a question/issue that you wish to have addressed or you're updating one of your own

threads.

Oops.........

quoll said:
Maybe, but you get five bonus points for reading this thread.
Welcome to Lit. :)
But he gets minus ten points for being a dickhead to me in another thread.

Carry on, then. :)

Eilan said:
But he gets minus ten points for being a dickhead to me in another thread.

Carry on, then. :)
With only 12 posts :eek: I'm impressed.
Note to self: Always catch up before posting.
Edit can be a wonderful thing. :D

Marking of stories as favorite

Hi folks,
how do I mark stories as my favorites for later easier rereading?
Cheers!

floriboy said:
Hi folks,
how do I mark stories as my favorites for later easier rereading?
Cheers!
If you login from HERE and then click on the favourites link on the left that should give you all the info you need.

larryluvsu2 said:
i can attach to a post but not a pm
Right, there's no attachment feature for PMs. You can, however, upload the image to a filehosting site, and insert it into the PM using the
tags, or provide the person with a link to wherever the image is hosted (similarly, you can go to one of the "Test Your Posting Here" threads, attach it to a post, and give the person the link to that attachment).

If the image is adult in nature, you'll have to find a hosting site that allows that type of image ( Click me to look ); otherwise, some place like imageshack or photobucket will do. There are also hosting sites that don't require registration/an email address, if you'd rather not give your personal information.

Can't upload an avatar

SweetErika said:
You must have at least 100 posts for an avatar.

Why doesn't the info on Avatars say that??? I've just spent an hour trying to figure out why I could not post one!

Last edited:
javelin_au said:
Why doesn't the info on Avatars say that??? I've just spent an hour trying to figure out why I could not post one!
The FAQ on the main site does say it. The Forum FAQ, however, is just the standard vBulletin FAQ, and hasn't been customized for Literotica by the admins, unfortunately. Because the standard forum FAQ doesn't help with Lit-specific questions, we put up this thread in hopes of getting the info to people quicker.

Maybe someday the admins will get around to customizing the forum FAQ or putting this thread in a more visible place, but I'm guessing that's very low on the priority list considering the answers can be found fairly quickly via searching and browsing through the forums and stickies (like this one). A lot of people see the pattern of titles and post counts, figuring out that most w/ over 100 posts have avatars, and no one under 100 has one. At least that's how I learned.

The good news is that now you know where to look when you have more questions on how the board works or how to find something! ;)

Welcome to Lit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back