Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you like to put this on? Besides Manu, of course.

Tonight's dinner: purple hull peas, okra, carrots, red onion, garlic, jalapeños, corn, pork sausage, bay leaf, sherry vinegar, S&P. All from the local farmer's market, except the vinegar and spices. Simmered in the crock pot with homemade chicken stock made from last night's roasted chicken carcass.

attachment.php

WOW...that looks delicious! :)

Guacamole. Food for the Gods.

No tomatoes and any of that gnarly shit, right?

Avocadoes, garlic, salt and lime juice.

Food folk: I need some kind of blender or processor that can make pastes and purees with small amounts and not much liquid. Any recommendations?

Food folk: I need some kind of blender or processor that can make pastes and purees with small amounts and not much liquid. Any recommendations?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/stor...g-mini-prep-reg-plus-3-cup-processors/3245272

OR

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/food-pre...bullet-food-system-20-piece-bbr-2001-12104079

If you can get past the happy face on the front of it, that is.

I got three HUGE zucchinis from a client the other day. Seriously, they're like mutants or something. I'm at a loss what to do after grilling, baking, frying and dicing. And that was Only ONE!

Make noodles out of em with a handheld GEFU slicer:

gefu.jpg

What do you like to put this on? Besides Manu, of course.

He's not a fan of the stuff, unfortunately. :D So far I've put it on pizza, toast, and grilled veggies - all yummy. Have a honey shoyu mackerel recipe I'm gonna try it in next.

Plus cilantro.

When I set off on my own at 18, I wasn't sure how far my money would go. My first trip to the grocery store, avocados were on sale. Eight for a dollar. I wasn't sure if I could by one for 12.5 cents, so I bought 8.

That was a lot of guac.

Last edited:
Make noodles out of em with a handheld GEFU slicer:

gefu.jpg

He's not a fan of the stuff, unfortunately. :D So far I've put it on pizza, toast, and grilled veggies - all yummy. Have a honey shoyu mackerel recipe I'm gonna try it in next.

I didn't know that they made hand held spiral slicers! I have a countertop one that I use all the time.

My new favorite condiment:

IMG_20110528_105240.jpg

What a great idea!

I need to get out of this thread. I'm working on my bikini bod because it's that time of year.

A couple of months ago I was having bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Now I just have eggs. :(

I got three HUGE zucchinis from a client the other day. Seriously, they're like mutants or something. I'm at a loss what to do after grilling, baking, frying and dicing. And that was Only ONE!

Zucchini soup.

I did this!

The pasta I wasn't aware of, but have tried home made pasta twice and twice it sucked ass. I have no ties to Italy.

The key to pasta is make it early in the day, then let it dry out a while, then cook it. I don't know the science but it makes a difference.

On the other hand, unless you like kneading dough for the therapeutic benefits, they make semi-fresh pasta and its relatively cheap.

I did this!

The pasta I wasn't aware of, but have tried home made pasta twice and twice it sucked ass. I have no ties to Italy.

One of my favourite soups.

The pasta is not really pasta at all, so no need for italian genes.
I don't have a spiral cutter so I use a potato peeler to create thin slices of zucchini and carrot, let them get warmed up in a pan with some olive oil and garlic and either mix it with tagliatelle or use it instead of tagliatelle.

Rosco, I used to have a Lil Oscar Jr and it did everything you want. No fuss, easy clean up. I'd buy another if I ever had the need.

One of my favourite soups.

The pasta is not really pasta at all, so no need for italian genes.
I don't have a spiral cutter so I use a potato peeler to create thin slices of zucchini and carrot, let them get warmed up in a pan with some olive oil and garlic and either mix it with tagliatelle or use it instead of tagliatelle.

That sounds great. How about I just bring what's left to YOUR house? :D

Stuff them with a filling of meat, rice, season to taste like you'd do if you were making stuffed cabbage.

I feel like I haven't made anything interesting in a while. Roast beef with potatoes and homemade gravy. Tasty, but not interesting.

Last night I added hazelnut oil and lemon juice to my whipped sweet potatoes. The oil added just a hint of nutty sweetness, balanced by the tart lemon. Great flavor combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back