Same Lit, Different Day

KissOnMyList

Virgin
I know I'm not the only Litster to abandon an old screen name and come on back to the boards with a new one; in my case, this is my third in the last 10 or 11 years. The first two just sort of wore out their welcome, and sometimes starting over is a good way to go. No baggage from prior posts, no need to explain why you haven't posted in years, no Litsters giving you the side-eye from past interactions.

So who else is "new," but not new? And what made you start over?

Alts suck. What's the point? Behaved badly before? Own up to it. Made enemies in the past? Apologize, and don't be an asshole in the future. Been bullied? Stand up for yourself. Got your heart broken? Come back as yourself and prove that you're not defeated.

How about: same shit, different day. Lit is full of alts. Sad that so many feel the need to fool people.

Alts suck. What's the point? Behaved badly before? Own up to it. Made enemies in the past? Apologize, and don't be an asshole in the future. Been bullied? Stand up for yourself. Got your heart broken? Come back as yourself and prove that you're not defeated.

How about: same shit, different day. Lit is full of alts. Sad that so many feel the need to fool people.

Applauds and gives Deprived_in_AZ a standing ovation;) Couldn't have said it better myself.

qRduS.gif

Well said cheesecake. :kiss:

And scene!

*giggle* *snort* *queef*

Well, then. A happy "welcome back" to me ...

Mom always said not to feed the trolls, so I will simply encourage you to go be on your way. Good day, friends.

Denny---<-----that's me! The male half

I also agree with this.
My wife and I share one user name and get degraded for that. We only have one computer and there are times I am not on here. It works fine.

We tried to only write positive comments. It didn't take long the know it alls and bullies had us bitching and moaning just like them.
Rather than get an Alt we stopped feeding them and poking them with a stick.

In the short time we've been here I see it is the same Lit on different days. But there are more good members than bad.

Well, then. A happy "welcome back" to me ...

Mom always said not to feed the trolls, so I will simply encourage you to go be on your way. Good day, friends.

Dee is far from being a troll.:rolleyes: You actually believe that you would get any other response than what you did? Get real man. Just think about it, 3rd go around here due to wearing out your welcome. Return back to open arms after an opening post like that?:confused: Come on! People are going to be wary anyway if someone says they are returning under a different name let alone how you described your previous appearances here. Give your head a shake.

I don't really see a big problem with simply wanting to start over for certain reasons but why say it then? Now you're just making people assume the worst. I mean I don't really care if you want a fresh start but the way you did it you're more or less begging for attention. I don't get why you'd do that. Were you an asshole before? You said you wore out your welcome twice so I'm assuming that's the case. Maybe a better way to handle it would be to apologize to the people you fucked with and own up to it. If it's just "Hey, I posted a lot of shit that I now wish I'd not shared so I'd like to start again with a clean slate" that's one thing but come on now. This is just not cool. I've only been here a short time and I stand by everything I've posted but if that weren't the case I would not pretend to be someone different or make people wonder who I really was or what I did.

Honestly I don't really give a shit if you just wanted a new account to make some new different friends but the way you're doing it you're straight up announcing that you don't want to own up to your actions. Are you talking to the same people without telling them who you were? I certainly hope not.

And on a personal note, a lot of people here seem to assume this is an alt account I'm using now. It's not but it's caused a few headaches for me and the reason is people like you who post under new accounts to fuck with people or escape shit you've done in the past. Not cool. You're affecting other people. Now I don't know why some here assume certain accounts are sock accounts or alts or whatever but perhaps without shit like this they won't start off hating some of us for no fucking reason. Seriously, fuck off with this shit. Own up to what you did.

Last edited:

I don't really see a big problem with simply wanting to start over for certain reasons but why say it then? Now you're just making people assume the worst. I mean I don't really care if you want a fresh start but the way you did it you're more or less begging for attention. I don't get why you'd do that. Were you an asshole before? You said you wore out your welcome twice so I'm assuming that's the case. Maybe a better way to handle it would be to apologize to the people you fucked with and own up to it. If it's just "Hey, I posted a lot of shit that I now wish I'd not shared so I'd like to start again with a clean slate" that's one thing but come on now. This is just not cool. I've only been here a short time and I stand by everything I've posted but if that weren't the case I would not pretend to be someone different or make people wonder who I really was or what I did.

Honestly I don't really give a shit if you just wanted a new account to make some new different friends but the way you're doing it you're straight up announcing that you don't want to own up to your actions. Are you talking to the same people without telling them who you were? I certainly hope not.

And on a personal note, a lot of people here seem to assume this is an alt account I'm using now. It's not but it's caused a few headaches for me and the reason is people like you who post under new accounts to fuck with people or escape shit you've done in the past. Not cool. You're affecting other people. Now I don't know why some here assume certain accounts are sock accounts or alts or whatever but perhaps without shit like this they won't start off hating some of us for no fucking reason. Seriously, fuck off with this shit. Own up to what you did.

Dee, you knocked it out of the park! Bravo! :D
And I can't believe I am agreeing with UB, but he hit it right on too. Own up to what you did, make amends, and move on......sheesh! :rolleyes:

I know I'm not the only Litster to abandon an old screen name and come on back to the boards with a new one; in my case, this is my third in the last 10 or 11 years. The first two just sort of wore out their welcome, and sometimes starting over is a good way to go. No baggage from prior posts, no need to explain why you haven't posted in years, no Litsters giving you the side-eye from past interactions.

So who else is "new," but not new? And what made you start over?

Apart from Dee's most eloquent summary of the general feeling towards alts, I suppose that would depend entirely on who you were and when you were here..."new" being a concept that tends to work within time parameters and we have no frame of reference between your concept of old and new

I think most alts are just cowards...Most, not all. Either way alts are usually found out after a while anyway, which is the reason they need to make, yet again, another alt. If you "wear out your welcome" under one name...two names....three names, what makes you believe THIS time it will be any different. Are you willing to change your personality and character along with the name? Probably not, at least not for the long run and eventually you're true identity will slip out.
Be who you are and own up to your actions. Stop hiding behind your names because no matter what, a name alone doesn't identify who you are or magically transform you into a person you want people to believe you to be.

I have actually gone under the same name on a number of different sites through the years. I come to them to have fun, be naughty and to meet new people. To change my name would just mean losing friends and acquaintances I have built up a relationship with and I would not want that to happen.

I've never used any name on here other than this one. No need to, no reason to. Sure I've fucked up, and ocassionally I've fucked up badly. But I;ve apologised and generally its worked out.

Dont have time for alts, its fundamentally dishonest and I dislike dishonest people. I;d much rather be told someone thinks I;m a complete fuckwad to my face than that person lie about it and pretend they're friends :rolleyes:

SO if you have a handful of posts, especially if you;ve been here for years....... dont be overly shocked if I treat you with a dose of distrust................ you've probably earned it :cool:

I've never used any name on here other than this one. No need to, no reason to. Sure I've fucked up, and ocassionally I've fucked up badly. But I;ve apologised and generally its worked out.

Dont have time for alts, its fundamentally dishonest and I dislike dishonest people. I;d much rather be told someone thinks I;m a complete fuckwad to my face than that person lie about it and pretend they're friends :rolleyes:

SO if you have a handful of posts, especially if you;ve been here for years....... dont be overly shocked if I treat you with a dose of distrust................ you've probably earned it :cool:

:D

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I've been bumping in and out of here since 2002, no alts, ever. Why?

I can understand why people do it in some parts of the board, though I never felt the urge... But still, this is not the GB or the personal ads... this is the playground.

What did you expect in here? Go ask your Q. on the GB.

Applauding the epic responses from my fellow Litsters above! :D

It's one thing to want to start over but a completely different thing to want to start over but announce it to the board. The premise screams:
"I'm a returning douche bag".

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back