The Trump Effect: OPEC ministers agree to raise oil production

FakeNews

Literotica Guru
OPEC ministers announced a deal on Friday that will increase oil supplies from the producer group, which has been capping output in order to balance the market and boost prices for the last 18 months.

However, OPEC faced pressure to increase output from President Donald Trump and big consumers like India after the cost of crude soared to multi-year highs, boosted by strong demand, dwindling output from Venezuela and renewed U.S. sanctions on Iran.

The members' vastly differing relations with the United States loomed over the meeting following reports that Washington asked its Saudi allies to hike output prior to restoring sanctions on Iran.

Trump also directly blamed OPEC's production cuts for boosting oil prices in a pair of recent tweets. On Friday, the president again urged the group to "keep prices down" at its meeting, even though his decision to sanction Iran was a major factor in boosting the cost of crude.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/opec-ministers-strike-deal-on-oil-production-levels.html

Higher fuel prices mean higher energy and transport costs mean consumer pressure means inflation means we're heading for hauling your wages in a wheelbarrow twice a day and spending it immediately before it becomes yesterday's inky toilet paper. Slick move, Donnie.

Rage at the machine. Have fun.

I still remember Obama bragging he would have gas prices over $4/gal before he was through, as part of his ‘environmental effort to reduce usage and increase reliance on ‘sustainable energy’... what a fucking idiot

Higher fuel prices mean higher energy and transport costs mean consumer pressure means inflation means we're heading for hauling your wages in a wheelbarrow twice a day and spending it immediately before it becomes yesterday's inky toilet paper. Slick move, Donnie.

Rage at the machine. Have fun.

How long have you been predicting the same thing now?

You left out the part about the collapse of the world order and the ensuing conflagration.

As Trump left you so worn out that you can no longer summon the energy to give him your full attention and full response?

I still remember Obama bragging he would have gas prices over $4/gal before he was through, as part of his ‘environmental effort to reduce usage and increase reliance on ‘sustainable energy’... what a fucking idiot

Are we saying that there's a touch of hypocrisy between the acceptance of higher energy prices under President Obama and the consternation over higher prices under President Trump?

As usual, you remember wrong. He never said that.

https://www.factcheck.org/2012/03/obama-wanted-higher-gasoline-prices/

Gingrich said Obama wants gasoline prices to get to the European levels of $9 or $10 a gallon, but that “he just wants it to be gradual.” But that’s not what Obama said. Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment” because “the fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.” He said nothing of wanting to goose gasoline prices to European levels, gradually or otherwise.​

. . . . . .
Harwood: So could these high prices help us?

Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.​

But don't let facts get in the way of your deflection.

So President Obama never advocated for higher energy prices to spur green growth?

So President Obama never advocated for higher energy prices to spur green growth?

You're shifting the goal posts. The OP said Obama "bragged" he would push gas higher. As the facts show, that is not what happened. He said he would want a gradual increase so people weren't hammered at once, like is happening now with rising gas prices.

He never said, or bragged, he would do it himself.

Further, OPEC is aware of the situation. If they keep production down to keep prices high, people will naturally seek out alternative energy sources.

So you can blame them.

You're still here, traitor? Run off to DPRK before the window closes.
I still remember Obama bragging he would have gas prices over $4/gal before he was through...
As noted, Obama never said that, and your lies are tedious. Whereas Tromp DID say, "Confiscate guns now; due process later." How very Hitlerian.

Back