Makeovers for men

AngloSexon

Literotica Guru
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I could really use some advice.

To satisfy my needs, I want, on special occasions, to look as sexually ambiguous as possible. Neither male nor female, or - more accurately, I suppose - potentially either. Has anybody been down that road? Does anybody have any tips? I can't be alone in wanting to be seen as androgynous, and therefore a hotty for anything that might come my way?

Will supply a face photo if required.

Guys who want to look androgynous usually start with eyeliner and nailpolish I believe. Long hair can be worn lose, pulled into a high ponytail, or held back with barrettes. Style short hair with some gel, maybe add a streak of temporary color. Another trick is to wear a female-cut shirt but where the color and other details are not particularly feminine. And a necklace, not a bling pendant or fat chain but either a beaded one or a pendant that's either a semiprecious stone carved into something, a seashell, or a fantasy creature. A bracelet is also good. It depends what look you're going for - goth? punk? hippie? waif? For some looks you can go farther with makeup and use whiteface and eyeshadow or a temporary tattoo. Lipstick is easy to overdo, so either skip it, use just gloss, or use a non-standard color like blue or green.

Guys who want to look androgynous usually start with eyeliner and nailpolish I believe. Long hair can be worn lose, pulled into a high ponytail, or held back with barrettes. Style short hair with some gel, maybe add a streak of temporary color. Another trick is to wear a female-cut shirt but where the color and other details are not particularly feminine. And a necklace, not a bling pendant or fat chain but either a beaded one or a pendant that's either a semiprecious stone carved into something, a seashell, or a fantasy creature. A bracelet is also good. It depends what look you're going for - goth? punk? hippie? waif? For some looks you can go farther with makeup and use whiteface and eyeshadow or a temporary tattoo. Lipstick is easy to overdo, so either skip it, use just gloss, or use a non-standard color like blue or green.

Thank you! That's a fantastic start; I'm grateful for your kindness. For the looks... Well, actually "all of the above" appeal, but obviously that's not possible.

I admit to being a complete novice. If going for whiteface (which definitely appeals), would I need to use foundations of any sort?

This may not be helpful, but when I was at Uni, there was a M-F couple that both changed their look so that they had an almost identical andro look. It was really cool. I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned androgyny.

<thinks - that'd be a very cool couple to join in a 3some...>

If I remember right, they both had soft hair cuts - sort of layered or feather cut, and he'd plucked his eyebrows to the same shape as hers. I don't remember a lot of makeup on either of them, so she must have used less than most girls (it was the '80s) and I suppose he used some, but it must have been fairly subtle. Their clothes were just typical student casual as far as I can remember.

Good luck :) Make sure to take Before/After pix.

This may not be helpful, but when I was at Uni, there was a M-F couple that both changed their look so that they had an almost identical andro look. It was really cool. I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned androgyny.

<thinks - that'd be a very cool couple to join in a 3some...>

If I remember right, they both had soft hair cuts - sort of layered or feather cut, and he'd plucked his eyebrows to the same shape as hers. I don't remember a lot of makeup on either of them, so she must have used less than most girls (it was the '80s) and I suppose he used some, but it must have been fairly subtle. Their clothes were just typical student casual as far as I can remember.

Good luck :) Make sure to take Before/After pix.

Thanks, Britpup! We do seem to have spent a lot of time sniffing around the same forums today, don't we!

Thanks, Britpup! We do seem to have spent a lot of time sniffing around the same forums today, don't we!

Give me a worn pair of undercrackers and I can chase anyone arnound the Internet! :D

Um... not that I was the one who stole your tidey whiteys from the clothes line last week...

;)

Give me a worn pair of undercrackers and I can chase anyone arnound the Internet! :D

Um... not that I was the one who stole your tidey whiteys from the clothes line last week...

;)

Damn! And for a minute there I thought the case was solved!!! :D

Thank you! That's a fantastic start; I'm grateful for your kindness. For the looks... Well, actually "all of the above" appeal, but obviously that's not possible.

I admit to being a complete novice. If going for whiteface (which definitely appeals), would I need to use foundations of any sort?

You're welcome, and sorry I can't tell you about the whiteface, I've never worn it myself so I don't know. If I had to guess I would say it is a foundation and thus wouldn't need to be worn with one, but try googling it or try "gothic makeup" there must be pages of tips and tricks around.

It's not impossible to do 'all of the above' looks, when I was in college I enjoyed going for a different look on different days. I had a pair of quilted corduroy elephant bells and half a dozen tie-dye shirts and some black vinyl pants which laced up the outsides showing about an inch of leg all the way up to the thigh, and a black shirt with urban tribal flames, and a white ruffly poet shirt, and leather boots and platform shoes and sandals, and a pair of old torn jeans with random poetry written all over them in sharpie marker, and a cat-ear headband, and a pair of armwarmers, and assorted jewelry... to tell the truth I think I enjoyed shopping for the stuff more than wearing it lol.

You're welcome, and sorry I can't tell you about the whiteface, I've never worn it myself so I don't know. If I had to guess I would say it is a foundation and thus wouldn't need to be worn with one, but try googling it or try "gothic makeup" there must be pages of tips and tricks around.

It's not impossible to do 'all of the above' looks, when I was in college I enjoyed going for a different look on different days. I had a pair of quilted corduroy elephant bells and half a dozen tie-dye shirts and some black vinyl pants which laced up the outsides showing about an inch of leg all the way up to the thigh, and a black shirt with urban tribal flames, and a white ruffly poet shirt, and leather boots and platform shoes and sandals, and a pair of old torn jeans with random poetry written all over them in sharpie marker, and a cat-ear headband, and a pair of armwarmers, and assorted jewelry... to tell the truth I think I enjoyed shopping for the stuff more than wearing it lol.

That's an amazing selection! The lace-up black-vinyl pants sound hot, but I don't think I have the legs for it - chunky thighs, unfortunately. And something like that would need severe depilation! Speaking of which, is there any means of getting legs smooth? Anybody?

While I didn't answer at the time Britpup suggested it, I'm definitely going to get "before" and "after" photos done - though I hope you'll forgive me if I make sure the "after" is taken when I've figured out what I'm doing!

My philosophy is, whatever body type you have, the people who are attracted to that kind of body are the ones you're trying to catch the attention of with your clothing. So everyone might as well wear stuff that's as revealing and flashy as they are comfortable with, because someone's going to appreciate the view, and screw anyone who doesn't.

Getting legs smooth - er is there a reason not to use the standard method of shaving? Me I don't shave because I find it a waste of time and effort, same reason I don't wear makeup, but if one wants hairless skin shaving is the cheapest method. Hair-removal creams work but the problem is they take of a layer or two of skin with the hair, so you can't use them too often and people with sensitive skin shouldn't use them at all. Waxing hurts like hell. And laser is expensive.

Aerobics are very good for getting thinner, especially in the legs. They are one of the first places you lose excess weight. Jogging and bicycling are also good, though good luck finding good places for a cycle trip that are strenuous but nearby.

Whitepaint is a foundation. Generally a heavy powder though honestly, it is better to avoid direct sunlight for extended periods and simply go with the black eyeliner. The heavy powder is not healthy for your skin, so wearing more than a few hours can give you skin problems. Unless they have gotten better with the ingredients of course. I've not looked at the stuff in ages, heck I don't even remember the last time I spoke with a goth.

Oh, when you go shopping for clothes, think excessively large on the shirt. Then, you want to pillow out a bit of the top, sew it at the fold so it stays tucked up under the pillowed part. That way, you have a big loose shirt, that may or may not bulge with breasts.

I helped a friend of mine who was a very late bloomer give the impression she had more than she did. ;)

One thing to keep in mind, don't have a huge fold, you want it to just a little fold over itself so the sewed part is hidden. Also, don't sew all the way across, just in the breast area so it is folds over at the sides of the chest but not so much in the middle.

My philosophy is, whatever body type you have, the people who are attracted to that kind of body are the ones you're trying to catch the attention of with your clothing. So everyone might as well wear stuff that's as revealing and flashy as they are comfortable with, because someone's going to appreciate the view, and screw anyone who doesn't.

Getting legs smooth - er is there a reason not to use the standard method of shaving? Me I don't shave because I find it a waste of time and effort, same reason I don't wear makeup, but if one wants hairless skin shaving is the cheapest method. Hair-removal creams work but the problem is they take of a layer or two of skin with the hair, so you can't use them too often and people with sensitive skin shouldn't use them at all. Waxing hurts like hell. And laser is expensive.

I'm really grateful to you for taking so much time to contribute to this discussion.

I think my main concern with my body shape arose from my own insecurities and desire to feel glamorous. I'd love to wear pants which would follow my form perfectly without making my legs look like up-turned Coke bottles!

Similarly, I was worried about shaving leaving "goosebumps", which aren't desperately attractive on view - however, thinking about it more rationally, I should get away with it; my body hair is rather fine, and quite light. So yes... I'm looking forward to doing it!

Once again, many thanks for your advice... I'm deeply grateful!

Aerobics are very good for getting thinner, especially in the legs. They are one of the first places you lose excess weight. Jogging and bicycling are also good, though good luck finding good places for a cycle trip that are strenuous but nearby.

Whitepaint is a foundation. Generally a heavy powder though honestly, it is better to avoid direct sunlight for extended periods and simply go with the black eyeliner. The heavy powder is not healthy for your skin, so wearing more than a few hours can give you skin problems. Unless they have gotten better with the ingredients of course. I've not looked at the stuff in ages, heck I don't even remember the last time I spoke with a goth.

Oh, when you go shopping for clothes, think excessively large on the shirt. Then, you want to pillow out a bit of the top, sew it at the fold so it stays tucked up under the pillowed part. That way, you have a big loose shirt, that may or may not bulge with breasts.

I helped a friend of mine who was a very late bloomer give the impression she had more than she did. ;)

One thing to keep in mind, don't have a huge fold, you want it to just a little fold over itself so the sewed part is hidden. Also, don't sew all the way across, just in the breast area so it is folds over at the sides of the chest but not so much in the middle.

Again, my gratitude! I may be being a little over-sensitive about my legs, but I could probably do with a little exercise anyway! Is there anyway I can take it off the legs without giving myself a bum like a body-builder's?

I've actually got a couple of shirts which may do the job nicely. I'll have to give them a look and see whether I can visualise what you're saying; I may need to get help with the sewing - no seamstress I! Given the ideal, I'm only looking to try and achieve the suggestion of a potential small A-cup!

I'm overwhelmed by the support you're all giving me. Many, many thanks... Keep the suggestions coming!

I love you all, :heart::rose:

Of course, stick to the aerobics, bodybuilders have those great butts cause of their exercises. Squat thrusts especially work the rear area because of the motion and the great weight.

If all you want to do is get thinner, then you want aerobics or jogging, especially aerobics, jogging and bicycling works the butt muscles while aerobics does as well but not as much. ;)

Also, it is a good idea to cut down on soda and alchohol, both are good to add weight, but counter productive to losing it. A glass a day at most will help tons, a glass a week or less is better. Not to mention cutting down on eating out, pack your lunch at home instead of going to that burger shop down the street. Have cereal instead of stopping for a hot dog or not eating breakfast.

Don't stop eating, instead actually eat at set times each day, big breakfast light lunch and dinner. There is a reason for that, you do all of your activities after breakfast so you want to take in the most calories before you use them, not after. ;)

Other way around rather sets your body in starvation mode, thinks your not getting enough food and stores extra. Same with not eating breakfast or lunch, if you don't give it enough when it asks it slows down your metabolism so all of those soda's and snacks during the day end up going straight to your hips.

Of course you don't have to stop having donuts, p[izza and such, you just have to cut down on them, donuts are fried so they have a ton of fats already, then they are covered in frosting or glaze, which is tons more fats because it's sugar and a few preservatives. Ordered pizza is the same way, tons of fats. If you love pizza make it yourself at home, costs about $12 dollars to get all of the ingredients per pizza. This is for a 5 pound pizza mind, a lighter one would be cheaper. ;)

If you really must know I can share the recipe for that one, though you really must have a huge cast iron pan, it's deepdish. ;) We have a I think 21 inch frying pan that we use for it, may be bigger got it ages ago and can't read the stamp on the bottom anymore. :eek:

Of course, stick to the aerobics, bodybuilders have those great butts cause of their exercises. Squat thrusts especially work the rear area because of the motion and the great weight.

If all you want to do is get thinner, then you want aerobics or jogging, especially aerobics, jogging and bicycling works the butt muscles while aerobics does as well but not as much. ;)

Also, it is a good idea to cut down on soda and alchohol, both are good to add weight, but counter productive to losing it. A glass a day at most will help tons, a glass a week or less is better. Not to mention cutting down on eating out, pack your lunch at home instead of going to that burger shop down the street. Have cereal instead of stopping for a hot dog or not eating breakfast.

Don't stop eating, instead actually eat at set times each day, big breakfast light lunch and dinner. There is a reason for that, you do all of your activities after breakfast so you want to take in the most calories before you use them, not after. ;)

Other way around rather sets your body in starvation mode, thinks your not getting enough food and stores extra. Same with not eating breakfast or lunch, if you don't give it enough when it asks it slows down your metabolism so all of those soda's and snacks during the day end up going straight to your hips.

Of course you don't have to stop having donuts, p[izza and such, you just have to cut down on them, donuts are fried so they have a ton of fats already, then they are covered in frosting or glaze, which is tons more fats because it's sugar and a few preservatives. Ordered pizza is the same way, tons of fats. If you love pizza make it yourself at home, costs about $12 dollars to get all of the ingredients per pizza. This is for a 5 pound pizza mind, a lighter one would be cheaper. ;)

If you really must know I can share the recipe for that one, though you really must have a huge cast iron pan, it's deepdish. ;) We have a I think 21 inch frying pan that we use for it, may be bigger got it ages ago and can't read the stamp on the bottom anymore. :eek:

Again, thank you so much for the advice! Sounds like aerobics for me. Thankfully, my diet doesn't include many of the things you mention, so I don't have to cut down a great deal. Without wishing to appear too homely, I'd love the pizza recipe! PM me (or post it here - maybe this thread will work as a reference point for other people in this situation?)

I'm really grateful to you for taking so much time to contribute to this discussion.

I think my main concern with my body shape arose from my own insecurities and desire to feel glamorous. I'd love to wear pants which would follow my form perfectly without making my legs look like up-turned Coke bottles!

Similarly, I was worried about shaving leaving "goosebumps", which aren't desperately attractive on view - however, thinking about it more rationally, I should get away with it; my body hair is rather fine, and quite light. So yes... I'm looking forward to doing it!

Once again, many thanks for your advice... I'm deeply grateful!

You're quite welcome, I enjoy questions that are sort of artistic creative-problem-solving like this. :) For shaving bumps, some people seem to always get them, and some to never get them, and I haven't noticed it to have a lot to do with skin or hair type. Shaving can be worse with a brand new razor, especially a cheap disposable one, and also worse if you don't have a moisturizing soap or foam. But really I would recommend just doing it a few times to see how your skin reacts. Either that or don't shave at all and wear pants. (Me personally I got a rash on the back of my thighs no matter what hair removal method I used, another reason I don't shave any more.)

From the pic your face seems to have a rectangular shape, so when considering hairstyle you probably want something that will cover up the corners of that rectangle, leaving more of an oval. For example instead of tucking your hair behind your ears try arranging it to cover your ears and jawline. Also you have kind of flat straight hair - barrettes and headbands are usually worn with that type of hair, or you can use gel to get a more fluffy windblown look.

You're quite welcome, I enjoy questions that are sort of artistic creative-problem-solving like this. :) For shaving bumps, some people seem to always get them, and some to never get them, and I haven't noticed it to have a lot to do with skin or hair type. Shaving can be worse with a brand new razor, especially a cheap disposable one, and also worse if you don't have a moisturizing soap or foam. But really I would recommend just doing it a few times to see how your skin reacts. Either that or don't shave at all and wear pants. (Me personally I got a rash on the back of my thighs no matter what hair removal method I used, another reason I don't shave any more.)

From the pic your face seems to have a rectangular shape, so when considering hairstyle you probably want something that will cover up the corners of that rectangle, leaving more of an oval. For example instead of tucking your hair behind your ears try arranging it to cover your ears and jawline. Also you have kind of flat straight hair - barrettes and headbands are usually worn with that type of hair, or you can use gel to get a more fluffy windblown look.

Do you think a centre parting would help? A fringe, maybe?

I've been trawling around, and much as I don't want Lit to start turning into an episode of "Ugly Betty", I found the pictures below which I wanted to share.

I have 2 words for you; "Marjan... Pejoski". I doubt if I'll ever have enough money to own one of these things, but I find them soooo hot!

And it also brought me to a realisation. I have an androgyny fetish!

Attachments

• 525123722_c66beecdc8_o.jpg
    525123722_c66beecdc8_o.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 142
  • moda2.jpg
    moda2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 136
Well, I'm hopelessly biased about hair - I love long hair and 80s hair bands with that bouffant look and physically impossible anime hair lol. So take this with a lot of salt. but my first thought would be to suggest you grow your hair out to shoulder length, and my second thought is something like grimmjow and zell here:
grimmjaw_by_tobiee.jpg
Zellid.jpg

(zell's should be more flopped or curved down in the front, but I couldn't find a picture of it that way.)

Or then there's always the emo hair-over-one-eye look:
emohairstyle1.jpg

BTW if you are interested in androgyny try googling Gackt.

Well, I'm hopelessly biased about hair - I love long hair and 80s hair bands with that bouffant look and physically impossible anime hair lol. So take this with a lot of salt. but my first thought would be to suggest you grow your hair out to shoulder length, and my second thought is something like grimmjow and zell here:
grimmjaw_by_tobiee.jpg
Zellid.jpg

(zell's should be more flopped or curved down in the front, but I couldn't find a picture of it that way.)

Or then there's always the emo hair-over-one-eye look:
emohairstyle1.jpg

BTW if you are interested in androgyny try googling Gackt.

Yeah, there is something about that kind of hair (Grimmjow/Zell) - do/did you get those ads with the Chinese high school kids using heavy gel during lessons and getting chased out of class... That was hot, too, for the same reason.

Find somewhere around here my total favourite 80's band (not counting The Smiths)...

...*gulp* Where do I queue up to learn Japanese? Gackt is gorgeous... You certainly know how to keep a boy in heaven...

Attachments

• Visage[1].jpeg
    Visage[1].jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 124
Back