candle play

loneranger8921

Experienced
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Posts
99
I have a sub/slave depending on how you pyl and she would like to have the hot wax treatment. I have never done this and I want to do it right any helpful hints please?

Also any ideas about chastity belts?
 
Hi Loneranger,

Congratulations on the experiences awaiting you. I love to both give and recieve hot wax and my advice is.

1. Always drip the wax onto your own forearm to test the temperature before evening thinking of dripping onto someone else.

2. Hold the candle at varying heights as you will be surprised how quickly the wax will cool as it falls onto the skin.

3. avoid using coloured / frangrant candles as they seem to getting hotter and are more likely to burn. My personal fav is soy candles.

4. also dont go straight for nips / genitals you have to build up to that.

Good luck,
 
Hi Loneranger,

Congratulations on the experiences awaiting you. I love to both give and recieve hot wax and my advice is.

1. Always drip the wax onto your own forearm to test the temperature before evening thinking of dripping onto someone else.

2. Hold the candle at varying heights as you will be surprised how quickly the wax will cool as it falls onto the skin.

3. avoid using coloured / frangrant candles as they seem to getting hotter and are more likely to burn. My personal fav is soy candles.

4. also dont go straight for nips / genitals you have to build up to that.

Good luck,


Well stated. I hope they have fun and report back.
 
This might be just me, but I like the scented ones.

A specific fragrance and colour used only during play time means an almost instant reaction, even before the wax hits my skin.

I think maybe the oils in them make them easier to get off my skin etc too.

I compensate for the hotter burn temperature but pouring from higher.

Hot wax allowed to run from the inside of my knee, down my inner thigh is intensely erotic for me.

So is layering the wax to form a shield or barrier over my vaginal opening. :eek:
 
If you're a wuss, like I am, or playing with one, use novenas to start out with or the hippie semi-soft soy wax massage candles if you like the smell factor. hard paraffin is pretty freaking hot. Hot as in temp.

Everyone says never ever use beeswax anything, but I used beeswax all the time in my own art and on myself- just-melted over a hot plate and brushed onto a person with a paintbrush is quite...interesting. I would not suggest pouring for the litany of reasons people invoke.
 
Check out your local adult store for a soy based one, as mentioned above. However, I recommend the soy ones that work as a massage oil after being drizzled across the body. Two sensations in one. Start with the stinging burn of the wax, then softy massage for a bit, then when she least expects it, drip a little more.
 
Beeswax has a much higher melting temp and it usually isn't recommended for wax play.Some experienced people use them but I recommend paraffin play old white candles to start with.Another trick is to use some sort of oil to make cleanup easier:) Black candles make for a neat effect,too.
 
And for clean up reasons, I suggest using an old sheet or something like that to catch stray wax.
 
Good point, I know a couple that first time they tried it forgot to do that, and ruined a set of very expensive fine linen sheets (another couple I know ruined silk sheets that way *ouch*....def put an old sheet over the bed as a drop cloth or on the floor if doing it with the sub standing up, def save you some tried:)..

Reminds me of a domme I knew who was really good with a single tail and could put out candles with it...unfortunately spewed wax all over the place, I suspect she kept her cleaning person well paid:)
 
At a weekend retreat I attended some years ago, we had a guy who did waxing demos, and even though I'd already played with wax for a number of years, he demonstrated some techniques and tools that gave me some new ideas for wax play, and I have put several into effect since.

To begin with, he used only the type of paraffin that comes with hot wax hand baths (you can find a popular, inexpensive good quality paraffin here). Secondly, he used an variable temperature slow-cooker filled with water to hold tall glass candle holders filled with the paraffin. (This may be difficult to find these days, due to government over-regulation of the silliest damn things!) He did suggest that some baby bottle warmers would work in the same manner when I asked where he got his (no longer sold) slow-cooker.

Alternatively, you can get one of the paraffin hand baths, which hold a fair amount of paraffin (I think four pounds or so, which equates to about 6 pints). Try to get one with the widest possible range of temperature options; what is comfortable for one person may be agony for another. (I speak from experience on this. I have one to use on my own hands, which suffer from a certain degree of arthritis in cold weather. I set it on what is a comfortable temperature for me, but the last person on whom I used wax from it found that the temp needed to be two giant steps down from my comfortable temp.)

silvastormcloud suggested that you "drip the wax onto your own forearm to test the temperature;" I will slightly alter that: Drip wax onto your victi-- umm, sub/slave's forearm and inquire. Also, SSC's (like the initials, btw!) suggestion that you try dropping (or pouring) from varying heights is a very good one, as the temperature on making contact from 12 inches is very very different than that making contact from 24 inches.

Good luck, and let us know how your experimentation goes!
 
Back
Top