Beer club

8inthebox

Really Experienced
So the craft beer craze has grown exponentially in the last five years and I'm all in. I find myself becoming more of a beer snob with every can I drink. I searched lit and found a thread from 2 years ago but figured rather than bump it up, I'd start anew. Consider this a place to talk about what beers you've had recently. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Only rule I have, is no judgment. If someone likes Bud Light, that's their prerogative. Pictures obviously welcome to show off color and glassware.

Last edited:
So the craft beer craze has grown exponentially in the last five years and I'm all in. I find myself becoming more of a beer snob with every can I drink. I searched lit and found a thread from 2 years ago but figured rather than bump it up, I'd start anew. Consider this a place to talk about what beers you've had recently. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Only rule I have, is no judgment. If someone likes But Light, that's their prerogative. Pictures obviously welcome to show off color and glassware.

There always will be judgement on the GB. Comes with the territory.

7 Seas Rude Parrot.

Quite nice with the bacon wrapped jalapeños.

Nice. Love the 90 Minute. Never had the Seven Seas but will see if I can find

It's almost farcical the number of beer choices there are out there. I was in Jewel/Osco picking up a 6 of Modelo and a 12 of Newcastle and there was an old, black dude in an Army Surplus winter parka walking out into the 6 degree weather with a bag of groceries and a 6 of Heineken, and I thought, used to be if you wanted a "premium" beer, that was about it. I acknowledged his olde tyme taste in beers and nodded. He probably thought I was coming on to him. Oh well...

Forgot the pic

Attachments

• aviary-image-1515872074249.jpg
    aviary-image-1515872074249.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
7-2 Islanders. Celebration beer.

Trillium DDH Melcher Street IPA - 7.2%

Great. It's an all Massachusetts day apparently.

Attachments

• aviary-image-1515876094063-640x600.jpeg
    aviary-image-1515876094063-640x600.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
Beer. :heart:

Alas I drink it no more. But I used to. I'm very fond of pilsners and wheat beers. My sis is the dark beer fan. A bit too rich for my blood.

The beer of my youth was Henry Weinhard's private reserve. Commercial made but damn good.

Hoegaarden winter white.

Peroni's.

I used to live in the land of the microbrew and loved it. My friends and I would go to one of the local brew houses and have a nice selection of craft beers. However that is no longer the case. I don't think I could find a craft beer brew house to save my life in this town. It's probably just as well I don't drink beer anymore. ;)

So the craft beer craze has grown exponentially in the last five years and I'm all in. I find myself becoming more of a beer snob with every can I drink. I searched lit and found a thread from 2 years ago but figured rather than bump it up, I'd start anew. Consider this a place to talk about what beers you've had recently. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Only rule I have, is no judgment. If someone likes Bud Light, that's their prerogative. Pictures obviously welcome to show off color and glassware.

I'm having this right now, as I type; one of my favorites:

bavaria-premium-beer-netherlands-10416084.jpg

Other favorites:

1c44064e8247744041925991e24f5bc8--grolsch-beer-green-beer.jpg

CreemoreSprings_PremiumLager_Bottle_Glass_Can_322x344.jpg

Which is a craft beer commercialized by acquisition.

Snoqualmie Falls Wildcat IPA followed by Sound Humulo Nimbus Double IPA, this evening. Local drafts, of course.

Nice beers!

Collaboration Without Representation | Deep River Brewing Co.

Brewed by:
Deep River Brewing Co.
North Carolina, United States
deepriverbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 12.80%

Brewed in Collaboration with Bottle Revolution

Bourbon barrel aged imperial chocolate milk stout with coffee.

Dark Cloud | Mother Earth Brewing

Brewed by:
Mother Earth Brewing
motherearthbrewing.com

Style: Munich Dunkel Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.10%

Today's yummies

Milky Way

Brewed by:
Trophy Brewing
trophybrewing.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.80%

Hopruption Double IPA from Sumerian Brewing with my scallop tacos this evening. Damn!

Back