Loving Wives stories

EHTM

Really Experienced
We've lurked around this site for quite a while now and have noticed that there are a large number of Loving Wives and Exhibitionist & Voyeur stories but that, of those I've been lucky enough to read, the majority of them seem to be written so that there's a rapid progression from description of wife to her becoming the sexual plaything of one or more of the husband's friends or perhaps even strangers. A two page stroker, basically.

My wife and I have been lucky anough to be able to indulge ourselves and have explored our personal fetish a number of times now, and I have to say that, with few exceptions, the stories are told at a pace that far outstrips reality. Or maybe we just do things slower than the lucky authors?

For those who are also interested in the subject, what's your preference? Do you prefer stories that move at breakneck speed from the wife getting up in the morning to her servicing her husband's poker buddies in the afternoon in under two pages, or do you prefer stories that build up slowly and more realistically from husband and wife discussing their fetish to setting limits and then experimenting together over the course of a greater number of pages?

As I said earlier, our experiences have been very different to the stories we've read, and we're wondering whether or not there's a readership for the brand of Loving Wives stories we'd write. If you haven't guessed, our preference is for slow. ;)

For the regular readers of this type of story (and maybe even Exhibitionist & Voyeur stories), what sorts of scenes do you like to read about? We're quite keen to create one or two stories and would like to get some idea of what's popular.

Thank you for your time, folks.

EHTM.

A good story with a long sexy buildup does it for us. Wives showing themselves off to hubby's friends is something that we like. HTH.

For the regular readers of this type of story (and maybe even Exhibitionist & Voyeur stories), what sorts of scenes do you like to read about? We're quite keen to create one or two stories and would like to get some idea of what's popular.

Thank you for your time, folks.

EHTM.

Definitely enjoy the slow build up into an intense encounter. It's more interesting to learn about the people somewhat and you have a better idea of how they would act in certain scenario and it's even better when they are pushed outside their comfort zone.

agreed. in all stories I enjoy a slow build up, a setting of character and scene and letting a situation unfold... even a good "wham bam, thank you ma'm" fuck needs an enticing build up.

I feel that most of the more literate readers will enjoy the slow build up.
However, even the most literate of us would appreciate a well written short story at times.
Most of the stories being referred to are fiction stories, therefore artistic licence, and story construction also have to be considered.

Is a story bad because the author writes "we discussed it for two weeks.", then got on with the action, rather than recount every word spoken.

A lot of good fiction, of whatever media, uses the "and later" device.

You're correct, of course, sometimes a well-crafted short story is every bit as good as a longer one. It's purely a personal preference, and no disrespect was intended to those that write shorter pieces.

I feel that most of the more literate readers will enjoy the slow build up.
However, even the most literate of us would appreciate a well written short story at times.
Most of the stories being referred to are fiction stories, therefore artistic licence, and story construction also have to be considered.

Is a story bad because the author writes "we discussed it for two weeks.", then got on with the action, rather than recount every word spoken.

A lot of good fiction, of whatever media, uses the "and later" device.

agreed. in all stories I enjoy a slow build up, a setting of character and scene and letting a situation unfold... even a good "wham bam, thank you ma'm" fuck needs an enticing build up.

Our enjoyment in reading a good story comes from the ability to identify with the characters, and sadly, if the characters are cardboard, then enjoying even a well written sex scene becomes less enjoyable.

Definitely enjoy the slow build up into an intense encounter. It's more interesting to learn about the people somewhat and you have a better idea of how they would act in certain scenario and it's even better when they are pushed outside their comfort zone.

We're hoping whatever we end up writing will give readers the opportunity to learn a little about the characters. The part about pushing the boundaries is something that really intrigues us as well, by the way. Of all the experiences we've had, those that have been most fun and by far the most sexually arousing have been those where we've pushed each other just that little bit out of our comfort zones. The thrill was intense, knowing that what were doing would be frowned upon by our friends and family had they been aware of it.

You will not want to post stories to the loving wives section if your wife is loving. Loving wives is totally misnamed, the only stories that get good feedback besides the few from people who can actually form a sentence are only about a married woman who cheats on her husband, gives him no sex and just loves the bigger dick she found in her affair.

You get bonus points as it were if her lover is black, she gets pregnant, and/or her husband decides to beat the crap out of her and both men leave her. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, you rather want to either not read any feedback on a story in loving wives or have incredibly thick skin to post anything that does not feature most of what I said above. The readers of loving wives generally are the lowest common denominator, they are the people anyone turns to for opinions on anything. Mainly because phrase it right and you get a positive or negative according to your own wishes. :devil:

Of course I am going to post a loving wives story eventually, because it's no fun to never do it. :cool:

Last edited:
Wow! That's certainly a harsh take on the section and its readership. :)

Yes, we've seen a fair number of stories that appear to debase women in the section, we've also seen many that do, in fact, feature loving wives that have received good feedback.

Our intention isn't to debase and degrade the woman, though, so perhaps placing it in another section could be more appropriate if, indeed, the Loving Wives section is the misogynistic capital of Literotica.

Then again, we're thick skinned, and if people wish to criticise, then bring it on. :)

YOu will not want t post stories to the loving wives section if your wife is loving. Loving wives is totally misnamed, the only stories that get good feedback besides the few from people who can actually form a sentence are only about a married woman who cheats on her husband, gives him no sex and just loves the bigger dick she found in her affair.

You get bonus points as it were if her lover is black, she gets pregnant, and/or her husband decides to beat the crap out of her and both men leave her. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, you rather want to either not read any feedback on a story in loving wives or have incredibly thick skin to post anything that does not feature most of what I said above. The readers of loving wives generally are the lowest common denominator, they are the people anyone turns to for opinions on anything. Mainly because phrase it right and you get a positive or negative according to your own wishes. :devil:

Of course I am going to post a loving wives story eventually, because it's no fun to never do it. :cool:

Wow! That's certainly a harsh take on the section and its readership. :)

Not the readership, the commentators...and it's accurate. :rolleyes:

That's not to say that there's no good feedback there, because there is, but all too often it gets swamped by endless posts from Anonymous, who appears to live in a constant state of furious rage. Anonymous also appears to sometimes have trouble differentiating between the characters in the story and the author.

Anonymous doesn't like it when a husband is 'consenting' to the situation, or getting off on it on any level. Anon also isn't crazy about it if hubby doesn't beat someone black and blue before the story is over.

It can be so bad that it even swamps reasonable negative feedback. For example, I once read a story in that section about a couple where the wife really, truly did come across as being a rather evil person, her cheating and the attitudes she showed were really twisted and selfish. The author, however, seemed to thing that her behavior was not that big a deal.

So how would I point out what I perceived as a disconnect without sounding like the raging, furious Anonymous, who raged against this particular wife but also rages against every story where the husband doesn't beat the wife senseless and shoot the lover's kneecaps, in almost the same tone and words.

And how Anonymous rages about any couple where husband and wife manage a reconciliation... :rolleyes:

Good grief, that Anonymous sure does get around. I double checked, and you're right, he's vented his nasty little spleen on a shedload of good stories. Nasty piece of work, isn't he? ;)

Thanks for the smile - I really liked the way you portrayed the feckless and self-loathing Anon.

Not the readership, the commentators...and it's accurate. :rolleyes:

That's not to say that there's no good feedback there, because there is, but all too often it gets swamped by endless posts from Anonymous, who appears to live in a constant state of furious rage. Anonymous also appears to sometimes have trouble differentiating between the characters in the story and the author.

Anonymous doesn't like it when a husband is 'consenting' to the situation, or getting off on it on any level. Anon also isn't crazy about it if hubby doesn't beat someone black and blue before the story is over.

It can be so bad that it even swamps reasonable negative feedback. For example, I once read a story in that section about a couple where the wife really, truly did come across as being a rather evil person, her cheating and the attitudes she showed were really twisted and selfish. The author, however, seemed to thing that her behavior was not that big a deal.

So how would I point out what I perceived as a disconnect without sounding like the raging, furious Anonymous, who raged against this particular wife but also rages against every story where the husband doesn't beat the wife senseless and shoot the lover's kneecaps, in almost the same tone and words.

And how Anonymous rages about any couple where husband and wife manage a reconciliation... :rolleyes:

Yep, as I said loving wives is the place to go to be lambasted constantly for days on a personal level if you do not do a story exactly how they want. :eek:

Of course I am not going to do that, I am going to shove their faces in their perceived loved story and show them it is bad. I'm going to do a cheating wife who's husband likes the idea, nobody gets beat up and I'm still pondering the pregnant part, though it probably will be in there. It's going to have most of the thingys they want, but it won't be the story they want. I'm just evil that way. :devil::D

I'm not going to get into the Loving Wives bashing zone (although that does seem to be the main theme of that area of the site!)

I think the slow build is often more exciting than the wham-bam-thank-you-maam. Its the difference between MacDonald's and a three course meal - sometimes all you need is fast food, sometimes (and given the chance in my case!) you want to savour flavours, textures and the whole experience.

Bring on the slow burn stories, but do keep some hot short ones for those moments when they are needed!

I have felt for a long time that the Loving Wifes should be renamed to cheating wifes, or hot wifes or similar.

However, there are some very good stories of a husband and wife having a sexual time, therefore Loving Wifes would be a correct header.

Or maybe split it into 2 sections.

As for anonymous who cares. Anonymous does not giveproper feedback, therefore he/she should be ignored. Obviously a writer should note constructive critisicm, perhaps more than praise. Praise is always welcome though.

I have felt for a long time that the Loving Wifes should be renamed to cheating wifes, or hot wifes or similar.

However, there are some very good stories of a husband and wife having a sexual time, therefore Loving Wifes would be a correct header.

Or maybe split it into 2 sections.

As for anonymous who cares. Anonymous does not giveproper feedback, therefore he/she should be ignored. Obviously a writer should note constructive critisicm, perhaps more than praise. Praise is always welcome though.

I agree, I think loving wives needs one or two sub categories. Maybe one for the 'hubby wants his wife to fuck around for his entertainment' stories and then another for the more extreme, 'wife cheats, makes a bitch out of her husband, gets pregnant and laughs at him' stories.

Point of fact for all those who would like to post a story to 'Loving Wives' but don't want the Anon bashing: You can turn off comments from Anonymous posters.

Back to the question by the OP - I find myself in a bit of a quandry regarding story length, in that while I enjoy a slow build-up, I also most enjoy tales in which the wife, and usually the husband, have no interest and make no effort to have her serviced by another man. Still, through circumstances unlooked for, the innocent bride winds up enjoying a cock of prodigious size, and the husband enjoys watching his wife's pleasure. This theme often makes the slow buildup difficult, at best.

I think all the worry about feedback is like fighting the wind. You will never be able to please all readers, and you shouldn't try to write in an attempt to do so. Write about what you like, and at a pace that you are comfortable with. If the pace seems unbelievable to you, then it probably is. Personally, I like a slower build up. I think character development is important; if you care about someone in the story, you become more deeply involved in the plot line.

I also like a descriptive story. Too many times does a story focus on just the visuals, not the other senses. If they are outdoors, how did the air feel? Were there birds chirping, or crickets serenading the night? How did the ground feel beneath their feet? I think small details bring you into a story, making the little sensations, you’ve probably experienced, carry you closer to the character’s situation.

You should also write about what you know. I have written several stories, and while some are fantasy, there is at least a shred of truth in all of them. Some are even based on personal experiences. For instance, I would never write about a beach in Tahiti, because I have never been there. There will always be someone, who has been there, tell you how wrong you were in your description.

My belief is to simply write a story that pleases you. Take constructive criticism to improve your writing, but other than that don’t worry about what everyone else thinks.

Or maybe split it into 2 sections..

As an avid reader of this section, I completely agree. "Loving Wives" as a category name is somewhat ironic and can be misleading to the naive reader.

I don't think it's fair that the authors of cuckold stories are subject to an inordinate amount of extremely abusive feedback from unsuspecting readers who are evidently offended and disgusted from the content in most "Loving Wives" stories.

Frankly, there's a bizarre amount of sheer rage in the comments of some folks in response to cuckolding or dominant wife scenarios. I allow that for some it may be a moral issue.. but it often reeks of male insecurity, an almost animalistic threat to the chauvanistic alpha-male psyche?

The section is also not fair to the authors of, let's say "traditional" loving wife stories (ie maritally monogamous erotica). These sweet vignettes often get lost in the mix of hot/slut wife, cuckolding and cheating.

Perhaps its time for a category name change or split?

On subject:
I often find myself caught between looking for a "quick wank" story that requires a concise set-up, and the slow-build of a longer and more detailed narrative.

But the setup has to be good regardless of length. I particularly enjoy stories that really develop the characters and describes the imagery. The more nuanced and insightful the descriptions of physical appearance or personality, the more potential for hot sexual tension in scenes to come. When you're more invested in the characters, even the mildest of story development, dialogue, teasing, flirting, touching - everything becomes far more sexually charged.

So, er, both are good.

likebstar quoth:
the section is also not fair to the authors of, let's say "traditional" loving wife stories (ie maritally monogamous erotica). these sweet vignettes often get lost in the mix of hot/slut wife, cuckolding and cheating.
um...i would think those stories should be filed in the erotic couplings category.

ed

um...i would think those stories should be filed in the erotic couplings category.

Unfortunately that is counter-intuitive to a newbie.

I recall finding plenty of fairly vanilla husband/wife couplings filed in "Loving Wives", while "Erotic Couplings" is usually reserved for one-night stands, fuck buddies, girlfriend/boyfriends.

Loving wives stories

In my case, I wrote about what happened pretty much as it happened. Should I have included a couple weeks of the discussion with my husband about what he wanted me to do and what might happen? I didn't think so because I never thought I would have sex with another man. It was kind of fun discussing it with my husband in advance, because even as I denied, very honestly, that I would have sex with anyone else, I also found the idea exciting.

I think you write the kind of story you want to write and if the critics don't like it, too bad. I deleted plenty of comments that were just plain mean.

I am trying to decide whether or not to write about my experience at the New Year's Eve party. That was not planned at all, but knowing my husband was open to me being with another man made it easier for me.

The section is also not fair to the authors of, let's say "traditional" loving wife stories (ie maritally monogamous erotica). These sweet vignettes often get lost in the mix of hot/slut wife, cuckolding and cheating.

So, er, both are good.

There's another kind of story in that section that can be very good, too, the 'realistic adultery' story, where the hubby never gave permision or wanted it, and the story is abotu the couple dealing, or not, with the aftermath. Those stories rarely have much sexual content and aren't usually turn-ons, but they can be very good stories in the hands of some writers.

Those stories can be about dealing with the pain of betrayal, or guilt, saving a marriage or about moving on after the breakup, some have revenge scenarios that seem appropriate and plausible, some are about forgiveness.

But Anon hates those stories too. :rolleyes: He hates if the couple reconciles, even after painful hard work, he'd rather someone got beaten up. If the wronged hubby forgives and moves on, and builds a happy life, Anon still wants someone to get beaten up, shot, or jailed.

There's another kind of story in that section that can be very good, too, the 'realistic adultery' story, where the hubby never gave permision or wanted it, and the story is abotu the couple dealing, or not, with the aftermath. Those stories rarely have much sexual content and aren't usually turn-ons, but they can be very good stories in the hands of some writers.

Those stories can be about dealing with the pain of betrayal, or guilt, saving a marriage or about moving on after the breakup, some have revenge scenarios that seem appropriate and plausible, some are about forgiveness.

But Anon hates those stories too. :rolleyes:

Have to say, I hate these stories, too. The name of the site is Literotica. If the story isn't erotic, it does belong here. IMHO.

Back