Beating the Competition (Closed for Wolf Vixen)

Sandra didn't miss the heavy sigh from Barry and when he touched her hand and brought her attention back to him she knew he took her comment about the business deal to heart. She smiled to him once more as he asked his questions, raising one of her hands up to cup his cheek she moved in for a kiss. Before her lips touched his she whispered to him, "I don't mind the ass kicking I am getting from you Barry, please don't take my comments like that. You just make me work harder, which isn't a bad thing because I like a challenge." She gave him a soft kiss to back up her words as she felt Kyle move around and place their plates in front of them.

Sandra broke from the kiss but didn't stray far. She loved being with Barry, more so than she first thought she would. "I'm sure you can guess some of the reason I got into doing what I do, heart break." She kissed him again before she pulled back and looked to the food. "After years of being used and walked on I figured it was time to take control of my life. Not allow that kind of thing to happen again." Glancing back to him, "Being the boss of so many people does tend to help, but it isn't like I can bind any of those in chains and do what I want...not to mention none interest me that way."

She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before reaching for her food. "The rest, well it just comes and goes. There are some I train that I enjoyed but not to the point of showing them what I did you. Then again I wasn't showing you like I should and I will apologize for that." Glancing back to him before she took her first bite of food. Kyle was an amazing cook and there wasn't a single thing he did poorly, which is why Sandra paid him handsomely.

"I was upset, even angry at you, I wanted to teach you a lesson and that is no way to show someone the joys that can be found in what I do." She continued to eat, letting Barry take his time with what she had said and even the mistake she admitted to him.
 
Barry didn't try to resist Sandra's movement when she lifted her hand, and when that hand moved to his cheek and held him in place so that she could lean in for a kiss, he gladly gave in to it. He did not however, expect the words that came before it. After she spoke, she kissed him again, and out of the corner of his eye, Barry saw Kyle setting plates down in front of each of them.

Listening to Sandra talk made Barry realize how similar the two of them were. She had gotten into doing what she did because of bad relationships, and he'd done basically the same thing. The only difference was what they had each resorted to doing.

Though Barry had more to say in response to Sandra's words, he chose to wait and let Sandra finish talking. He picked up his fork and started to slowly eat while he listened.

When Sandra finished speaking, Barry opened his mouth to speak, but hesitated, remembering that they weren't truly alone. He turned towards Kyle and gestured him closer. When the man leaned close, Barry did as well, leaning close so he could whisper to the man what he had in mind for dinner. Only after Kyle nodded and turned to leave did Barry turn back towards Sandra and speak.

"I actually envy you for your ownership of your own company. Though it was a team effort that brought my company to the number one spot in the country in only ten years, it was my ability to bring in clients and sponsors that truly made it possible. Despite that though, upper management has started to question me and my decision making. I've tried to suggest an expansion of sorts on multiple occasions, but they're far too content to milk this cash cow of theirs for as long as they can. It is...frustrating to say the least."

After Barry spoke, he turned his attention back to his meal, giving Sandra a chance now to talk. He was actually curious as to whether or not she'd ask for details about the suggestion he'd tried to make to the managers of his company. It was for that reason actually, that he'd asked Kyle to leave them alone. It was not the kind of thing he wanted to talk about with anybody else around, lest they get accused of sharing secrets and having secret agendas.
 
Last edited:
Sandra watched Barry motion Kyle over and even heard the hushed tone of his voice, but certainly not what was said. She raised an eyebrow before a smile slowly slipped into place as she remembered he was going to plan dinner. She went back to her food as Barry turned to her and started to explain how his business came about. Sandra was actually kind of surprised, at least a little. After all the talk and all the media she thought he had more clout at his business, but it seemed like he was being somewhat pushed aside.

She listened to him and nodded from time to time, completely understanding what he was referring to. When he was done and turned his attention back to his food she couldn't help the soft laugh that slipped from her, "I must say Barry, I was not expecting that. To be so stuck on one cash cow will end a business quickly. One must always be open to new expansions and new markets. In a way a business must always be willing to move to where the money is, not hope that the money will always find them." She paused a moment to take a sip of her drink before she continued, "I have a team putting together research into different markets, a way to branch out, maybe even start smaller companies under the company umbrella. It seems like we certainly think a lot alike." She gave him a wink.

She took a few bites of food as an idea floated around in her mind. Sandra turned to Barry, "Okay be honest with me Barry, what areas do you think expanding out to would be beneficial for a company. I have one in mind now that I have stuck a lot of research in and have contemplated a new start up if I found the right person to do it." Sure he had given her a little about his company and she was showing the same, but she still was hesitant on disclosing all of her secrets, after all he could just be hoping for this to take back to his company and use it. In a way this was a test to see how serious Barry was with his words.

Sandra went back to her food to let Barry think and consider what it was he was going to say. This was like a big point for both of them. They had both stayed away from the business subject and now they were both diving directly into it. She was curious where it might lead them.
 
Though Barry nodded to Sandra's first statement, and offered up a slight chuckle and a smile when she spoke of how the two of them think a lot alike, he was actually deep in thought. Her next statement asking for details was what he'd been hoping for, but it did make him a little apprehensive. Once he took this step, going back really wouldn't be an option. He regarded her for a long time before finally speaking. "Gaming."

After he opened up the conversation with the first word, Barry continued quickly. "Though we're both in software design, neither of us has delved too deeply into the gaming industry, and it is something that is growing fast, especially with how dependent people are getting on electronics these days. There would be a large upfront cost to get the equipment, staff, and potentially more room to expand into it, but it can pay huge dividends in the long run, especially if your flagship game is a huge success."

Barry hesitated there, taking a slow and deep breath, even closing his eyes before speaking once more. "Which kind of brings me to my next point. I double majored when I was in college, and my second major was...game design. I've got this game I've been working on for the past ten years in my spare time, and I think it could have potential if I had a team to help me finish it..." Barry breathed a soft sigh of relief after he was done speaking. It was a silly dream following a good business decision, that much he knew, but she'd asked him, and he'd told her the truth.
 
Last edited:
Sandra had started to eat when Barry finally said one word to her and it was like he had read her mind or even had spies in her own company. She paused her eating and as he continued she relaxed a bit more and continued to eat her own food once more. She listened intently to his proposal, well somewhat a proposal, after all it was missing a few key things in it, like a plea for the money and the team to help him finish his dream.

Sandra let him finish and even took a couple more bites of her food before setting it down and reaching for her drink. Taking a few sips she took her time running what he said through her head and also making him start to get nervous on her response. Setting the drink down she turned to him, looking his features over. She knew this would cause a lot of controversy, especially if he leaves his company to come work for her. There may even be some legal battles on the rights to his ideas and so on, but Sandra loved a good challenge and she felt that with Barry by her side there wouldn't be anyone that could possibly stand in their way.

"That is a nice idea Barry, it really is," she paused a bit grinning on the inside as she knew the time that ticked by was just driving him more insane with wonder. She placed her hands in her lap a moment, appearing all business like for a split second, letting him think the worst possible outcome before she slowly leaned forward toward him, "And what would happen if I offered you that large lump sum, the team and the equipment, but on one condition; what would you say?" She knew he would be curious about the condition as it very well could be anything from selling his soul to her to just a simple kiss to seal the deal.

Sandra let a smile slip over her, "You have to be my partner Barry, which would also mean you would have to leave your company. Think you could do that for a chance at completing your dream?" She waited for his response, knowing she was literally offering him the key to a kingdom of possibilities. They say it wasn't wise to mix business with pleasure and yet sitting there looking at Barry, Sandra couldn't think of any other person she would want as a business partner, much less a life partner.
 
After he put himself out there, Barry found himself getting more and more anxious for Sandra's reply. His hazel gaze didn't leave her, even as she took a few leisurely bites of food, as well as a couple sips of her drink

Barry let out the breath that he hadn't even been aware that he'd been holding when he heard Sandra's first statement. He wasn't even sure why he was so eager to hear her approval of his idea. He'd done the research himself. He knew it was a good idea, and yet hearing her say it made him feel that much better about it.

Despite Sandra's words of encouragement, the pause that followed, especially by the very business-like demeanor had Barry anxious once more. The offer that came with Sandra leaning towards him though, was far from what he expected, and far from anything he could have asked her for. It actually stunned him enough to the point that he almost missed the part about the condition that the deal depended on.

Sandra seemed to be enjoying making him wait, torturing him, but even that condition proved well worth the wait. Barry found himself shaking his head in disbelief. It all seemed too good to be real. Everything had moved so fast, and now here they were.

Barry considered his next words long and hard, even stalling the moment a little longer by lifting a fork full of food to his lips and following it with a drink. When at last he was ready to speak, Barry turned to Sandra, looking her in the eye so she could see the truth of his words. "Truthfully, leaving my company is the easier of the two things you suggest. Why would you want me, of all people, to be your partner Sandra? I'd have easily settled for the department head of the new gaming division. Why would you trust me with being your equal in the company you started?"
 
Last edited:
Sandra watched as he took a bite full of food and a sip of drink; she actually smiled even brighter seeing it as it was a mirror image of what she had done to him. When he finally spoke and asked his questions she couldn't stop the soft laughter that followed, "You really have to ask that question Barry?" Sandra placed her hands down between them and leaned over toward him, pausing for a moment to lock eyes with him, "We are a lot a like, in so many ways. Why would I not want you as a partner? You have kicked my ass for years with your company, it would be crazy of me to not to offer you a better deal, bring you over and run everyone else into the ground. Not to mention the side benefits to having you around." She leaned in and brushed her lips across his, "Sure we would work hard, but I think we would play just as hard, don't you?"

She leaned back just a bit to see his reaction. Sandra enjoyed playing with Barry, enjoyed spending time with him and it was true that he had been kicking her ass when it came to business. It would be stupid of her not to snag him away with a great offer like this. It was also true that they were a lot like. She knew if he was her partner, he wouldn't run the business into the ground, he would treat it like his baby just like she does. He would want to take those risks that she was always taking and with their minds combined, no one would be able to stop them from being the top company on anything they did.

This day was turning out to be better than she initially hoped for. The only thing on her mind when she woke this morning was to spend some time with him, to get to know one another on a somewhat normal level. After all, both of them had this image of the other that seemed to be so wrong and yet it was all centered on personal life. "So Barry, I hope that answers your question to your liking. And just so you know, the main research I had been putting my time and money into was gaming. I think I have certainly found the perfect man for that idea. Someone who will put as much effort into is as I will, someone who wants to show others it can be done and they are stupid for not listening and someone I can trust....that person is you. Will you accept my offer?" Sandra had a feeling he would and yet she wanted to hear it from his lips.
 
Barry heard Sandra's soft laughter, and the sound of it brought a smile to his face. He listened to her question, and turned to face her more fully when she leaned over and met his gaze. Her words of flattery though, forced his gaze down with a slight hint of embarrassment. He was still able to feel the soft brush of her lips across his though, and his eyes closed briefly from their touch, and the words she whispered against his lips.

Though he sighed softly at the loss of Sandra's closeness, Barry did open his eyes to look at her once more. He listened to her second barrage of praising words, and as before, they brought his gaze down with a flush of embarrassment. He'd heard words of complement many times before, but for some reason, they seemed to mean more coming from Sandra.

"Though I will always wonder if I am doing enough Sandra..." Barry started, lifting a hand to cup her cheek. "...I will try. For you, and you alone, for reasons I barely know and couldn't hope to try and explain just yet, I promise I will try. I accept your offer."

As Barry finished speaking, he let his hand on Sandra's cheek slide to the back of her neck, pulling her forward to kiss him. He tried to give her everything in that kiss, tried to explain all of the things that he couldn't find words for, hoping that she would understand him, that she would believe him, and that she would continued to trust him.
 
Sandra found it amazing that this man could look bashful at her compliments when she was sure he had heard plenty of them in this life time. After all he could get any woman he wanted and he certainly had had plenty in his past. She could only imagine the compliments they gave to him over that course of time with him.

When he started to speak again his hand brushed her cheek and she found herself leaning into his touch. Her eyes closed briefly as she listened to him but also savored the feel of his hand and the warmth that seeped into her. Her eyes fluttered open as his voice ended and she found herself being pulled into his lips.

She returned the kiss and could feel that things had certainly changed between them since they first came to her home. As the kiss continued she found herself moving closer and even straddled his lap, her own hands coming up to cup his face as the kiss deepened. Sandra wasn't looking for sex at that moment, but what she was looking for was closeness to this man.

Her head tilted to the side, her tongue brushed over his as she pulled herself even closer to him. Sandra had learned in such a short time that her years of impressions of Barry had all been so wrong. She now wished she could go back in time and change it, but she couldn't so she was going to make the best of the time they had together; which now appeared to be a lot of it.

Breaking from his lips she smiled to him, "I'm so glad you accepted. Now we have something even more to celebrate tonight." She smiled and gave him another quick kiss before she started to slide from his lap, "Who would have thought this is where we would be now?"
 
Back
Top