The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Earth Day Contest Support Thread

I've started reviewing my incomplete Nude Day stories from 2013, 2012, 2011...

Just now managed to fight off nausea and pain enough to get one submitted. Assuming it passes muster to post, probably too late to do very well. But, it will be interesting to see how "the message" is received.

On the other hand, since it's LW resulting in "a cuckoo", along with a protest style environmental message, I may be able to give Ogg some run for the low score. :D

Going to go pop some meds and lay down for a bit. Good luck to all the entrants. (Or is that "ent-treants", considering the druidic nature of the ones I've perused so far)

I've been wondering what you were up to. Feel better soon, OK?

Looks like a handful of new stories today. Wonder how the Sunday start will fare for them?

Still just shy of 40, unless tomorrow brings a bunch this is the lowest contest I can recall

Looks like a handful of new stories today. Wonder how the Sunday start will fare for them?

Still just shy of 40, unless tomorrow brings a bunch this is the lowest contest I can recall

I think you've been forgetting that today is the last day of the contest. That's why a bunch of them came out today.

I think you've been forgetting that today is the last day of the contest. That's why a bunch of them came out today.

No I believe today is the last day to submit.

The winners are announced the 20th(or most likely a day or so later)

here this is from the official announcement.

You can begin submitting on (or a little before): March 28
The last day to submit is: April 13 at 11:59EST
Winners will be announced on: April 20

Link

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1010834

So there might be more tomorrow.

I finally finished and submitted my entry a few hours ago: ONE BLADE OF GRASS, a LW tale with a cheating fiance, dust devils, and The Green Man, set in a small military town in the desert. It has peacocks and slingshots and group sex and a supporting cast that's a mix of The Pep Boys and The Three Stooges, except they're hard-bodied USMC studs. It's the obvious winner, yes?

I finally finished and submitted my entry a few hours ago: ONE BLADE OF GRASS, a LW tale with a cheating fiance, dust devils, and The Green Man, set in a small military town in the desert. It has peacocks and slingshots and group sex and a supporting cast that's a mix of The Pep Boys and The Three Stooges, except they're hard-bodied USMC studs. It's the obvious winner, yes?

You sold me with the three stooges! Looking forward to it!

you completed the notes field, right?

Yes I did, copy & pasted Laurel's verbiage from her contest thread. I can't re-check to verify that I did since it's still pending with a live link.

I've had stories post as last as 11am-12pm on days so it may still post in the next couple of hours.

OK on that, possibly true. I sent Laurel PM before I posted here about the no show so I'll see.

It's what I get for leaving a contest story to be finished on the last day of the deadline right up to the hour. I did for Valentine's too with a couple of minutes to spare. I said I wasn't going to do that again, but here I did. I can't seem to get inspired to write/edit unless it's done with time burning and lighting my ass.

ETA, it just showed as published.

Last edited:
Yes!

Each category hubris has expanded greatly.

More exposure for each story.

Yes!
Each category hubris has expanded greatly.
More exposure for each story.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Anyway, the final number of Earth Day contest stories seems to 43. Not impressive but OK I guess.

I'm happy to say that my votes have crept back up to 100 and the score stayed above 4.3 (only one 2* amongst the five last votes). So if that stays my final result, I'm satisfied. But I guess we won't know until the 20th.

Good luck to everybody (I know who my favorite is, but won't say for fear of trolls)

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Anyway, the final number of Earth Day contest stories seems to 43. Not impressive but OK I guess.

I'm happy to say that my votes have crept back up to 100 and the score stayed above 4.3 (only one 2* amongst the five last votes). So if that stays my final result, I'm satisfied. But I guess we won't know until the 20th.

Good luck to everybody (I know who my favorite is, but won't say for fear of trolls)

http://www.literotica.com/c/taboo-sex-stories

If you scroll down the Hubris, the new list is much longer than I used to be.

I think it was something Laurel discussed a long time ago, and it's nice to see.

For certain categories like Anal, which is far less stories, the list dates back to a month ago.

If you scroll down the Hubris, the new list is much longer than it used to be.
I think it was something Laurel discussed a long time ago, and it's nice to see.
For certain categories like Anal, which is far less stories, the list dates back to a month ago.

Ah, I see what you mean. I just thought it was an effect of a huge load of new stories coming out yesterday, which I assumed was the backlog from giving priority to the Earth Day and Tag Team stories.

Yeah it's nice that a new story doesn't get pushed away from the front page (hub) after one day, which can happen in some of the more popular categories.

43 stories total 2 authors with 3each and 4 that have 2-could be more I looked quick.

So 6 authors accounting for 14 stories.

Not a great turnout even for this contest.

But does it beat 5 gremlins and 5 pacers?

Well, I haven't read all the stories yet. Maybe I just happened to start in the Italian pure-blood end of the list.

Bw. not a bad word about the pacer. It may not have been an engineering marvel on wheels, but it had personality... ;)

43 stories total 2 authors with 3each and 4 that have 2-could be more I looked quick.

I wanted to write one, but was working with my partner on finishing the tag team story. I only had a couple days to write one once we were finished, and I had other IRL crap going on. Of course, one more story wouldn't make much of a difference to the total.

When does that summer one happen? I'm in for sure!

And my 3 are ineligible, so that brings the total down to 40. :(

Back