Bullpoop

J

JAMESBJOHNSON

So I took a look at another LIT category today. I'm gonna diversify.

The top voted stories are crap. Pages of adverbs and adjectives and cliches.

Why does any writer take the scoring system seriously?

Who says they do?

I used to care and then I got over it. If you're satisfied with your work, for most writers that's enough. Many writers in times past that are virtually enshrined today were ignored, vilified and criticized in their own times and vice versa.

A line from Rick Nelson's song 'Garden Party' sums it up: "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." ;)

The top stories are crap to you obviously not to the voters/readers of that category.

Understand people are not coming here for English 101 JB. They are coming here to be entertained and to get turned on.

Very few readers sigh and go "It had potential, but damn those extra adverbs!"

As for cliches in erotica discussing that is a cliche in itself many threads about tropes and common themes have been started here.

The peeps want to read fun sexy stories and that's pretty much it.

Scouries and Lovecraft68 seem to care. They comment on the ratings of other authors here.

Scouries and Lovecraft68 seem to care. They comment on the ratings of other authors here.

No, just yours whenever you're on one of your I'm the most accomplished author here kicks.

And you think they matter because you're constantly whining about how the trolls hurt your scores.

And there you go bringing my name into things, proving your hard on for me once again.

No, just yours whenever you're on one of your I'm the most accomplished author here kicks.

And you think they matter because you're constantly whining about how the trolls hurt your scores.

And there you go bringing my name into things, proving your hard on for me once again.

Oh, I just posted this so folks could see my new sig line. I think it's a great one :D You've boasted (in your typical me, me, meing) over on the GB today that you made $30,000 last year in e-booking. I haven't boasted of making that much (and I haven't). So, of the two of us, you obviously are the most accomplished in that. At least in what you claim and obviously want us all to think. :rolleyes:

Since I have never claimed to be the most accomplished writer here, I guess your frequent references to my ratings just don't exist, do they? :rolleyes:

I don't whine about trolls of my stories. Each time you comment on my ratings, I just point out you doing so and as rabidly obsessesed as you are with me (even talk about me on the GB), of course you are trotting around to multiple computers to down vote my stories here.

I repeat, only real shits like you and Scouries are commenting on the ratings of any other authors here. Which puts you two in the same boat.

Last edited:
Warning, bullshit slinging hissy fit above.

Keep sniping me and please keep replying to me so everyone can watch you yapping at my heels again.

Warning, bullshit slinging hissy fit above.

Keep sniping me and please keep replying to me so everyone can watch you yapping at my heels again.

I'm more interested to see if you take the last word as you almost always do in these exchanges (anyone who wants to can easily check).

Now can you possibly resist? (No, I don't think you can.) :D

Not even reading your lame posts.

But seeing the name of this thread is Bullpoop here's some

Rots of ruck with all that. Ed. You have to know how to read governmentesse (I can read this one, because I helped write it).

"You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section 'Copyright Registration.'”

Wow, did everyone here know we had an actual lawmaker here? The man who wrote the copyright laws?

No, you didn't, because no we don't. A perfect example of Pilot needing to conjure bigger and bigger lies to get people to think he's relevant.

Cause come on now if he really did we would have heard of it long before this.

Bull-poop!

You know, I kind of like seeing a bunch of red and a series of my stuff has pretty much been an experiment to see if I can get the H.

But having said that, I have experimented with a fairly wide range of styles and "voices" and categories for my own entertainment...some have worked, some haven't, but it's been fun putting it out there.

Scores are a popularity thing here. A story can get an H and still have a few typos and other oopsies, but if there is a lot of sex and the women are easy our readers are tolerant.

My first H made me ecstatic, and I strove to duplicate it. However I've found that H's can come and go as different readers continue to vote.

I'm happy if the story gets a 4 and at least 10 votes. A good title can get more reads, but it's the quality of the story that gets high scores and comments.

One thing I found that is a serious score killer is to mention feces. The squick factor is hard to overcome.

Scores are a popularity thing here. A story can get an H and still have a few typos and other oopsies, but if there is a lot of sex and the women are easy our readers are tolerant.

My first H made me ecstatic, and I strove to duplicate it. However I've found that H's can come and go as different readers continue to vote.

I'm happy if the story gets a 4 and at least 10 votes. A good title can get more reads, but it's the quality of the story that gets high scores and comments.

One thing I found that is a serious score killer is to mention feces. The squick factor is hard to overcome.

Go look at your stories and check out all the fuckups you make, and then convince us youre the standard for excellence. I think your alts ring up H's for you.

Go look at your stories and check out all the fuckups you make, and then convince us youre the standard for excellence. I think your alts ring up H's for you.

I do look at my scores and I think I have improved over the years. I started Spreading Seeds to see if I could do first person. I make a lot of mistakes, partly because I'm learning and partly because, at first I didn't use editors. Feel free to make comments on my stuff. As long as the comment is rational I'll leave it up.

I have never held my stuff up as being Tolstoy or Dickens. It's just a Fuck Book Jimmy.

I do look at my scores and I think I have improved over the years. I started Spreading Seeds to see if I could do first person. I make a lot of mistakes, partly because I'm learning and partly because, at first I didn't use editors. Feel free to make comments on my stuff. As long as the comment is rational I'll leave it up.

I have never held my stuff up as being Tolstoy or Dickens. It's just a Fuck Book Jimmy.

I hold the same sentiments, say what you want about me on the story board and I wont flinch or wince or whine, cuz its the gladiator arena, but dont bring it here when I didnt invite it.

I hold the same sentiments, say what you want about me on the story board and I wont flinch or wince or whine, cuz its the gladiator arena, but dont bring it here when I didnt invite it.

Well I certainly will consider your delicate sensitivities.

No you wont, cuz youre a mean lil fucker. But I wont let you see me cry.

Actually, I'm a tall fucker and I try to keep my reptilian reactions under control. I must admit that it is hard sometimes.

Check your story comments.

Back