Kids in Erotica

AMoveableBeast

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Posts
987
What is the general stance on children as characters in erotica? Note that I do not mean the exploitation or sexualization of minors, that is rather clear, but rather the presence of them in explicit stories. How do people feel about this? Does the mere existence of a minor in a story undermine the attraction of the work for most people? Are kids an element best left out of erotica when possible? Can they be used to drive plots and create situations, or is this in bad taste?

For instance, in a story in which a single mom turns to prostitution to provide for her young son, should hiding her activities from the very person she is sacrificing herself for be excluded or downplayed in the tale, or (as is the case with most less taboo subjects) can this be used to create drama and excitement?

In a story in which a morally corrupt teacher seduces the married father of one of her 8-year old students, should the kid be far from the action, or is it acceptable for the child to add tension? Perhaps he is shooting baskets on the playground outside and with each clatter of the rim the dad feels ever more guilty about the desire rising in him.

Can a lonely but prudish mom at a movie theater with her precocious daughter be discreetly and wordlessly fingered by a stranger sitting on her other side?

How far is too far? Exposure? The threat of exposure?
 
As the author it is your call.

From a "rules" perspective the minor cannot even be "around" sex. So in other words you can't have the ten year old boy walk in on his mom turning a trick. So just stay clear of that.

From an "enjoyment" point of view. Ask ten readers get ten answers.

The "sleaze" factor of a single mom stripping or hooking will turn some on, but maybe just mention the kid don;t "introduce" them.

My personal take is it kills it for me. But I have written on some subject matter that people say is "too realistic" as well so again it is very subjective.

Sorry if that is a non-answer, but every one's tastes are so varied I don't think there is a right one.
 
Don't be sorry. Every bit of info is appreciated. And I realize that it is a very subjective question and open to some debate, I'm just very curious about "common reactions".

I recently read a poll that stated that even being around children for a long amount of time decreased sex-drive in most adults. By this standard, using children, even in the most benign character role, would seem like erotic suicide, but sexual writing is still writing, and all writing draws upon the human experience for power, and there are few things more prevalent or powerful in life than children, which is why they so often appear in traditional fiction. Their use, or lack thereof, in erotica just completely fascinates me because something that is typically so simple and instinctual becomes so very complicated within the confines of the style.
 
I have referred to children in a story. The father is bringing his daughter to a friends house, and he ends up sleeping with the friends mother.

It was impossible to have the father and mother of the two children meet up without stating the children were there. I don't say a lot about them, but you know there are young children around.

This is the story link, feel free to take a look.

http://www.literotica.com/s/confessions-ch-05
 
I'm not interested in stories that sexualise children, but a blanket "no kids" policy would clobber a lot of really good stories on this site. Kids are a huge influence on a person's life. As others have suggested, they can be an obstacle to a relationship or they can help two adults find a connection. If you're trying to explore a character's personality, their childhood and how they relate to children can be a huge part of that.
 
I think Bramblethorn hit the nail on the head. I'm not interested in reading about children in Lit. stories, but a strict "no kids" policy is going too far. I would never make them major characters, but I don't try to write them out of existence, either. There are some stories, where it would be unnatural for kids not to appear. Stories involving school teachers, for example, or a story where the dad is banging the babysitter.

I tend to write mostly about people who are in the age range where they would have kids living at home. In a few cases I have used kids to introduce or close scenes. They made an appearance and then they were gone.
 
I don't think it's a problem as long as the kids aren't involved in the "sex scene" itself, because even their presence in such a scene could be a gray area. But I do think it's alright if they are included as an important but neutral element to a story.

Odd that this topic has surfaced, for I was considering this for one of my upcoming stories and was wondering the exact same thing. Surely, common sense will help is distinguish between blatant sexualizing and the inclusion of realistic "neutral" characters.

...you would think.
 
I was about to ask a similar question to this.

In the story I'm writing right now, a guy visits a single mother he met online and bangs her while her little daughter is off spending the weekend at daddy's place. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I wasn't sure how strict the "no kids around sex" policy is because a couple scenes have the guy/single mom doing sex acts in the living room, and there's are framed pictures of the daughter as part of the scenery (established when said guy enters the apartment for the first time). Would that be blacklisted under the policy as well?
 
I think that mentioning that children are, or could be around adds a bit of reality, and makes it more believable. How can every character in every erotic writing be completely free of children?
 
I think that mentioning that children are, or could be around adds a bit of reality, and makes it more believable. How can every character in every erotic writing be completely free of children?

Nor can any world be completely void of children. After all, no one was born an adult. We all had to come from somewhere.

]If kids are in the 'build up' parts of the story, establishing characters, threads and setups, I don't find them distracting at all. Kids are reality.
 
Like others mentioned, children are a natural part of life, and the world we live in. Just like sex is (and without sex no children). Children may be a very useful addition to a story, providing hooks to get adult characters together for example. It can give a story a lot more depth and reality.

The general rule here is no children involved in sexual activity. Mentioning under-age sex is allowed ('lost my virginity at 16') as long as it's left at that.

No idea how TPTB would react to stories that include conversations with children about sex and/or sexual activities (e.g. sex-ed).

Lusting over under-aged characters (like a well developed 16yo girl or a sporty, muscular 17yo boy) without actually involving the child in any sexual activity may also cause a rejection. Really pushing the borders there.

Best is to stay well clear of those borderline cases. Lit has 18 as minimum age to have sex. And for some reason many people like their characters to be as young as possible, so half the stories here are about 18-year-olds. Who, for some reason, often appear to be quite experienced even when saying they're not.
 
I've referred to kids in stories before, but they've never been a large part of it. One story referred to youthful relationships, but it was just "when she was younger," and never had a definite date. I do agree that it's unrealistic to have zero kids, but it's never been hard to me to keep them away from sex.

I know that some other sites go lower with their age policy. Lush Stories is like, 16? And of course, oodles of stories have sixteen year olds. I bet if there were a policy that characters couldn't be older than 90, you'd have a bunch of stories with horny 89 year olds, too...
 
Y'know, Selena Kitt had kid characters running around in "Babysitting the Baumgartners." Then in the sequel stories those kids had reached legal age...and they fucked their old babysitter. One of them even admitted that when they were underage, they spied on the babysitter getting filled out every which way by the parents.

All of that was accepted on here. Selena Kitt totally got away with it.

So I admit I'm a bit confused about the boundaries of acceptability here, but I'll play it safe by keeping any kid characters at least 100 yards from a bedroom and leave it at that.
 
Y'know, Selena Kitt had kid characters running around in "Babysitting the Baumgartners." Then in the sequel stories those kids had reached legal age...and they fucked their old babysitter. One of them even admitted that when they were underage, they spied on the babysitter getting filled out every which way by the parents.
Something like that is, afaik, fully within the accepted standards of Literotica. The character, as 18+, just reflected matter-of-factly on some sexual experience when underaged.
When elaborating on it, then you're quickly crossing the boundary of unacceptable. E.g. having the character explain in detail how he got turned on and how he masturbated afterwards then you'll be in reject area.

So I admit I'm a bit confused about the boundaries of acceptability here, but I'll play it safe by keeping any kid characters at least 100 yards from a bedroom and leave it at that.

In another room and fast asleep should be enough :) Or having them sleep over with a friend or so is another great way of having them out of the way.
 
I think that as long as the kids are not sexualized or witness sex acts, its ok to use them as background or secondary characters. The examples you gave in the original post are kinda what I mean. You should still be very, very careful. Too, you don't need to introduce them, just mention them.
 
If only real kids were that cooperative...

This is my exact experience. As a parent, I find my kids far more kinetic than the easily dismissed children in most Literotica stories. "Go to bed, little Tommy, and sleep tight and I'll just boink Mrs. Robinson whilst simultaneously swinging from the chandelier."
 
This is my exact experience. As a parent, I find my kids far more kinetic than the easily dismissed children in most Literotica stories. "Go to bed, little Tommy, and sleep tight and I'll just boink Mrs. Robinson whilst simultaneously swinging from the chandelier."

You do realize this is fiction here, don't you?--and that kids are defined as irrelevant to any erotica aspect of the fiction posted here. Most Literotica stories don't go into characters sitting on the toilet to shit either or deal with them blowing their noses, scratching their asses, or working on their taxes.
 
You do realize this is fiction here, don't you?--and that kids are defined as irrelevant to any erotica aspect of the fiction posted here. Most Literotica stories don't go into characters sitting on the toilet to shit either or deal with them blowing their noses, scratching their asses, or working on their taxes.

I'll have you know that I have a pretty serious tax fetish.
 
My most recent story just mentions the woman in question having kids, and is having an affair with an unwilling co-worker 'while her husband took her kids away for the weekend'. So they're not even in the story itself other than just mentioning that she is a mother. I might not even bother to give them names.
 
My most recent story just mentions the woman in question having kids, and is having an affair with an unwilling co-worker 'while her husband took her kids away for the weekend'. So they're not even in the story itself other than just mentioning that she is a mother. I might not even bother to give them names.

You shouldn't have any trouble posting that here.
 
Re policy.

I don't think there is a problem with kids in a story, here, provided they aren't involved in (including watching, etc) any of the sexual activities. For example of allowed: a woman is preparing dinner for her child, she is *thinking* (not discussing it!) of meeting her lover, later on, after the babysitter arrives. She does in fact meet the lover later, elsewhere, and the details are given.

I would imagine, "involved" is to be interpreted very broadly. For example, I don't think a story is postable that has an adult spying on a kid showering, and getting off on it.

Keep all those in any way 'involved', over 18, please.

Best,
Pure,
mod.
 
So far, I've already read at least a couple stories where there are kids who demonstrate, by mentioning it, that they have full knowledge that the adults around them are doing the nasty.

But they left it at that.

Honestly, for me, that's a fairly fine line. But seeing as how I don't anticipate any kids in my stories being anywhere near sexual activities, it's fine.
(NOTE: it's fine to mention the kids growing up in some chapters, and then having sex once they're old enough, especially if a particularly traumatic event occurred when they were younger, as it could provide some very good sources of tension. Just make sure that the event wasn't explicit sex in nature.)
 
Back
Top