Closed for raiguy

"What you were going to do?" Joss' eyebrows lifted in question wanting to know what it was that he was going to do to her. She was sad that he was skipping over it because she had a real good feeling she would have loved it. But there would next time to do all the things that they didn't get to do this time. And Joss more then happily returned the kiss that he gave her. He teased her with just a brush of his lips against hers but before Joss could ask for more Trent leaned down and kissed her the way she wanted him to kiss her. Lips pressed together, tongue against tongue in a erotic dance and teeth grazing assuring puffy kiss sore lips later.

"Oh-ahh!" Trent took Joss by surprise and everything froze for one bliss filled moment. It had been far too long for her and having him enter her this way was almost too much. A tear came to her eyes and rolled down her cheek as she body tightened and shivered in her first orgasm in god only knows how long. "Trent." Joss choked his name and held his face to look at him as small waves of pleasure crashed down on her. Being stretched and filled by a man that she knew wanted her and she wanted in return was a feeling she had lost long ago. "Trent." She whispered his name reaching up to kiss him on the lips.

NEED this. Hadn't she already shown him that? Joss smiled arching her back and groaning. "This already is special." She told him locking eyes with him.

For a moment she just laid there motionless just living in the feel of Trent slowly slide in and out of her. Memorizing the weight of his body, the heat of his skin, the sound of his breathing and the slick sound of him entering her. How was this already the best sex of her life? Was it Trent or the fact that it had just been that long and for longer then that more of a chore? Either way Joss was enjoying this more then she could describe and she wanted Trent to feel the same way.

Every move that Trent made was met with a movement from Joss. When he slide in she lifted her hips. When he pulled out she cried at the loss of him and moaned in ecstasy when he filled her again. But it was more then that. Trent kisses were met with burning passion and for every touch he gave her, she gave him. Her hand running through his hair, down his cheek, along his jaw, down his neck and following his arm to link her fingers in his.\

As Trent moved faster Joss started to loose some of her control as she rolled her hips in circles to grind against him as he thrust into her. Her hand on his back clung to him fiercely, nail lightly biting into his skin. Not deep enough to break skin but enough that he felt it. Joss wasn't going to hurt Trent, she had no reason to and more then anything else she didn't want to do something that would cause him to stop.

"Trent." Joss sighed his name at the feel of him thrust all the way into her and the fell of his sack against her ass. "You can't imagine how this feels." Of course he could but she was lost how he was making her feel and the tingling that raised the hairs on her body. Her hands relaxed on his back and moved up to capture his face so she could kiss him and fell the stubble of his beard hair under her hands.

Everything about Trent was masculine. From the way he held his body and walked, to the smell of him and the feel of him, every last bit of him. This was how a man should make love to a woman. "I'm lost and I never want to be found." Joss laughed against Trent's lips kissing him again sweetly. Remembering how he had wanted to get lost in her and how she felt as if she were the one lost in him.
 
Trent smiled down at her, happy she was enjoying herself. He had worried about how she would react to this, but was happy to see it was what she wanted as well. His speed started to slowly build, his thrusts coming faster and harder.

He started to gently bite down her neck, loving how she shivered whenever his teeth scraped against her skin. He sucked more forcefully on her collarbone, almost demanding a moan of pleasure from her. His goal was to give her more pleasure in this short span of time than she had had in her years of marriage.

His hand trailed down her body, gently rubbing her clit at first before becoming more insistent. His kisses became more urgent as he grew closer to his own release. He could see Joss was close, but wanted to push her that much further towards an earth-shattering orgasm. As his fingers strummed her clit, he kissed back up to her lips, kissing her deeply and passionately.

He felt her starting to reach her orgasm, her body starting to shake as his thrusts grew more rapid and powerful. He tried to hold off, but when he felt her scream into his mouth in pleasure, and then clamp down around him, he lost all control, climaxing right after she started her own, causing another series of shockwaves to roll through her body.
 
Joss could feel Trent picking up speed as well as power as his thrusts became harder and faster. Urging him on she hook her legs around his hips pulling him towards her as he thrust. Inside she could feel her body tighten and build, Joss' heart races and her body got hotter. Her breathing was nothing more but a moan of air when Trent thrust all the way in. And a groan of pleasure when he nipple and sucked on her collarbone.

When his hand reached down at touched her clit there was a gasp at that electrical jolt that sizzled down her spine. Joss' legs unlocked from his hips, her feet planting on the bed to spread her legs wider and brace her weight on as she lifted her hips to give him more access.

"Trent." Joss moaned into the kiss, her tongue seeking out his before sucking on his bottom lip. "Oh! Yeah." She whispered breath lost in the quickly building orgasm. She could feel it in his rapid tempo that Trent was nearing this release and knowing that she could still turn a man on like this and make him feel this way was the final push that she needed.

"Mmmmumph!" Her scream was silenced by Trent's mouth as she kissed her. Bright spots of colors float in her vision and everything in her head went silent as her body rocked and jerked in a powerful orgasm. At it's peak Joss' body froze and the only part of her that moved were her wall rhythmically clenching around Trent. He in returned found his own release and again Joss was stilled by more sharply felt orgasm. She could feel their shared pleasure run out and down her ass in a hot trail.

When the waves finally subsided enough that Joss could move the small pool of cum under her was cooled. Joss smiled her body relaxing slowly one muscle at a time. Tine waves still rolling over her causing her to clamp down on Trent. She wanted to say thank you but kissed him instead, loving the feel of his body covering hers as their heart beat returns to normal.
 
Trent tried to catch his breath, but collapsed, barely able to roll off of Joss. He could tell she was in the same situation. That had been the most intense orgasm he had ever had. Jane had nothing on Joss.

Once he had control of his arms, he pulled her more securely on top of him, amazed that they were still connected. He smiled and then laid back, just watching her happiness. She might not have known it, but the pleasure on her face made her that much more beautiful.

He smiled as she started to stir again, then felt another series of tremors wrack her body. He looked down and realized that the sheet they had laid down on was stuck to her, and gently pulled it off. As he sat up, she smiled at him and then kissed him.

He looked down at her and pulled the comforter over both of them, kissing her back and holding her close, happier than he could remember being in quite a long time. "Thank you for this," he whispered to her before slowly falling asleep.
 
"No, thank you." Joss whispered against Trent's lips giving him one final kiss before his eyes closed and he fell asleep. Without anything to do and not tired enough to join Trent in a nap she just laid there and listened to him sleep. The rhythm of his breath, the beating of his heart. It was the little things that made the day and these little things added up to the already fantastic day she was having.

"I'll be back." Joss moved her lips silently as she rolled away from Trent. She walked naked from the bedroom to the bathroom and washed up quickly before getting dressed in the clothes from last night. In the kitchen Joss found a piece of paper and a pen and wrote Trent a message and left it on the fridge door should he wake up before she returned. Joss was pretty sure that Trent didn't want her going home after what he had seen but she needed clothes and to check up on the horses.

'Took your truck, sorry. Kahr is here with you, in exchange for borrowing your truck. I'll fill her up and bring her back safely.
-Joss
'

So with his keys in hand Joss locked the door behind her and got in his truck and drove home.

Once there she tore through the yellow tape that covered her front door and walked in. Trent had kicked the door off it's hinges and it was just propped against the doorway. It she had lived closer to the city she would have been pissed but as it was, she knew mostly everyone in town who mattered and knew that they would have kept all her stuff safe.

"Hey boys." Joss called out to the horses when she saw them run up to the fence. "I'll get to you in a bit." She promised shaking her head at Granite pawing at the ground.

Inside Joss quickly packed a bag with everything that she would need. Clothes, toothbrush, comb, chargers and laptop. Joss had a feeling she was missing something and there was a good possibility that she was but she could always return and get it. When the bag was packed she called the sheriff's office and found out what had happened to Thomas.

"How long will you hold him?" Joss asked biting her thumb nail. She used to bite her nails all the time but had broken that habit save stressful moments. "Yeah, okay. I will." She nodded to the phone. "And his name and number?" Joss listened to the information and wrote it down. "Thank you Linda. Tell Johnny hi for me. I will. Wait- how do you know I was staying at Trent's?" She should have known, he had a friend who knew a friend and came after her after hearing that she got tossed around. "Thank you again, bye."

It seemed there was more to thank Trent for then she knew of. The only problem was his treatment of Thomas was likely to some how find it's way back to her. It wasn't the greatest though to have so she pushed it to the back of her mind and walked out of the house not even bothering to put the door back up. There was nothing in there that was important to her, the only things that were left here that she love were Granite and Eagle.

"Hey there," She cooed rubbing Eagle's face. "Miss me?" She got out before Granite pushed his way to Joss. "I see you did or was it just the morning apples?" From the mini fridge she pulled out two apples and cut them up feeding them to the horses. "Sorry about what happened last night. I'm okay." Eagle like always made a big mess and left frothy apply drool all over Joss' hand. "Thank you Eagle." She laughed feeling like everything was almost normal. That last night didn't happen and that she hadn't just cheated on her fuck ass of a husband. "Is it really cheat tho?" Joss asked Granite as he took his last apple slice. He timed it just right and snorted, shaking his head no. "Yeah that's what I thought." Joss laughed wiping her hands clean on her jeans. "I'll see if Trent minds having you two over. I don't want you here when Thomas gets home." She petted the two of them one last time and checked their water before getting back into Trent's truck and driving back to his place.

On the way there it didn't even register that there was an empty taxi leaving Trent's driveway.

When Joss got there there was no body on the front porch but after getting her bag from the truck beg and rounding the backside of the bed there was a woman standing in front of the front door with her arms crossed.

"And who the hell are you?" She demanded.

"Ummm... Trent's friend? Trent's wife I'm guessing." Joss questioned with a raised eyebrow feeling totally uncomfortable. The picture she had seen of this woman wasn't the best angle for her face but Joss was fairly positive that this was the same lady.
 
Trent woke up to a phone call. He looked at the number and groaned. His buddy was calling him about Thomas.

"Trent, my man. You may have outdone yourself this time. The sheriff told me that Thomas was going to try to sue you for the way you handled him, but the sheriff told him that if he tried, Thomas would end up locked up for even longer for assaulting you. I don't know what happened, but apparently you did the right thing. Everything is square there. Now, as for the divorce issue. I had a judge look at it before I called, and because of the evidence you sent, he immediately signed off on it. As of two forty-five yesterday, you were a single, divorced man. I don't know how the judge made it so that Jane didn't have to sign it or anything, but he said that if she tried anything, those pictures would be more than enough to make sure she never got anything. I hope everything there helps. Oh, and as for your friend, Joss. The sheriff just called me to tell me that he talked to her. She's also good. As it turns out, there were several women who came forward after he was locked up, claiming to have been abused by him. It seems that his job had a history of this with their female secretaries. Joss is free and clear as well. I talked to the judge earlier and he said the same thing. You are both free now. I just wanted to let you know, because I have a feeling the bitch is going to try to make your life, and maybe Joss's life, a living hell when she finds out," Matt said, then after a few good-byes, Trent went to hang the phone up.

He found Joss's note and smiled. He whistled, and Kahr came bolting into the room. "Would you like some food," he asked. He always kept dog food for the two strays running around. They weren't feral or anything, but he knew that they were abused by their old owners, so didn't trust humans. He smiled as he picked the bag up, happy to be using it for a dog that, hopefully, trusted him.

"Eat up," he said as he filled the bowls with food and water. He went to take a quick shower, but had to get out before he was ready to due to a knock on the door. He figured he knew who it was, so dried off quickly and then pulled on a pair of shorts and sleeveless t-shirt, his standard housewear.

Sure enough, there was Jane. What surprised him was Joss standing next to her. He let Joss in, smiling at her as she slipped past him.

"What the fuck was that about?" Jane asked.

"This isn't your house. Now leave before I call the cops and have them escort you off of my property," Trent said calmly.

"Like hell I'm leaving. I'm still your wife, as sorry of a husband as you are, and that means I live here," Jane said, her temper showing.

"Actually, you aren't. As of yesterday, we are divorced. I don't owe you a cent. I bought you all your clothes, your shoes, everything you own. It was all paid with by my funds. My paychecks. I kept all the receipts to prove it as well. If you want to argue and take it to court, be prepared to have nothing. As it stands, I'll let you have what you have now. That is the money in your purse and what you are wearing. If you push me, you'll get nothing," Trent said, his voice dropping an octave.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Jane screamed.

"I used to be your husband. You know, the guy you used and beat when you were drunk? I put up with all of your issues even when you hit me and slapped me. I even put up with it when you stabbed me with a knife when you were too drunk to realize what was up and what was down," Trent said, the jagged scar on his side showing through the sleeve. She had come home drunk, tried to fix food, and wound up stabbing him in the side. Luckily it was a clean wound, and hadn't hit anything major. He had it stitched up and said nothing about it, but kept her away from anything dangerous.

"Like hell you will," Jane said, trying to force her way past Trent.

"Joss, would you please call the Sheriff? He can be out here in two minutes when he hears about Jane's coke addiction, drinking problem, and number of other misdemeanors," Trent said, smiling as he heard Joss call the cops and tell them what he had just said.

Jane, meanwhile was pale as a sheet. "You wouldn't do that to me. You wouldn't lock the woman you love up?" she asked pleadingly.

"Jane, I don't love you. I haven't loved you since you started drinking and doing drugs. You hurt me, yelled at me, abused me, and still I took it because you were my wife. When you decided to have a procedure to stop from having kids, I smiled through it. Things went downhill from there. You picked up alcohol, then pot, then coke. You lost your life, your marriage, and your love at that point. As far as I'm concerned, you should never have even entered my life. I'm sorry for ever marrying you and letting you change into the person you are. Then again, it was never my fault to begin with," Trent said quietly, tears running down his face as he relived all the moments of pain she had brought.

Jane saw this, realizing that she had screwed up, and there was no hope. "Fine, then you and that cunt had better be prepared to be sued for all you are worth," she spat, venom clearly dripping on every word.

Trent's expression went blank, and his voice sent shivers down Jane's back. "If you even think about doing that, I promise that the only judge in this town will lock you up and strip you of everything you own quicker than you got addicted to that shit. Now leave with the sheriff before I have you arrested for trespassing as well," Trent said, seeing the sheriff pull up and step out of his vehicle.

He saw it before it happened. He quickly closed the door as Jane threw herself against it, clawing and beating the wood. She screamed every obscenity she could think of, but he just shut it out. As he heard the sirens fading, he realized that he was slumped against the floor, crying silently. He didn't know why he was crying, but he quickly straightened himself out and smiled at Joss.

"My friend called me this morning. I don't know if you know, but your ex-husband is going to be in a world of trouble, with no chance of getting out of jail. Matt filed your divorce, and when the judge saw the other women he assaulted, he railroaded it through. You were divorced the same time I was yesterday," Trent said quietly, feeling emotionally drained suddenly.

"Let's go get the rest of your stuff from your house now. Since it's in his name, it's most likely going to be sold. I have more than enough room and would love to have you here. Kahr and your horses are more than welcome, and I have anything you could need to move them," he said quietly as he stripped his clothing off. He turned on the shower, then stepped in, turning the dials until it was as hot as he could handle.
 
Hearing when Trent went through in his marriage as he threw it back at his wife was hard for Joss. It sounded so similar to her's that it made her stomach clench and her eyes sting with emotions. With what she knew of Trent and the way he treated her, Joss knew that Trent was an honest pure hearted man. Seeing him cry as he relived the misery that was his marriage brought tears to her eyes. Silent tears fell one after the other as the woman who Trent married tried to make the pain for him even worse by threatening him. The fact that she had called Joss paled in comparison to what she knew Trent was feeling. Joss didn't care what Jane called her as long as it wasn't directed at Trent.

But Joss didn't need to worry as Trent recovered and took control of the situation with the sheriff pulling into the drive. Trent was quick to shut the door and the deputy and sheriff escorted Jane off the porch and into the back of the car they drove up in.

"Trent," Joss reached out and gave Trent a hug, giving him comfort and positive warm feelings. Joss wanted this hug to chase away all the pain and to show Trent that there was someone here who loved and cared for him. Trent pulled back from the hug and smiled at her, the pain still a shadow in his eyes.

"Ex-husband?" Joss repeated slowly, everything else that Trent said rushing over here like a thunderstorm. "But I never signed anything, I- I-" It was Joss' turn to sag against the wall. She hadn't cheated on Thomas, not that it really mattered truthfully. But all this seemed very sudden. Where were the ugly divorce battles? The screaming rages that had each person yelling the other person's deep dark secrets. And what was Thomas going to do to her when he was told she divorced him. As a joke when they loved each other they had told each other that they would be 'married till they died'. As the marriage progressed and turned into something dark it was 'if you leave me the only way out is death'. Of course it was all just threats but that was also what she thought of Thomas' threats to slap some sense into her. Her hand reached up and touched her healing lip.

Joss just nodded her head her mind running at top speeds trying to figure out what to do next. "Thank you Trent." He was her lifesaver and she hugged him again, this time more for her sake then his. Joss pulled back first and picked up her one bag and left Trent return to his shower. After pulling her bag in the spear room she walked into the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" Joss asked stepping into the shower clothed to hug Trent from behind. "I'm sorry that happened." There was nothing that she could have done to stop it from happening but it didn't mean that Joss didn't wish it hadn't happened. Now all she could do and wanted to do was be there for him.
 
Trent turned and smiled. "It'll be ok. Sorry for surprising you with your divorce news. As soon as Matt told the judge, he somehow ran it through and got it ok'ed. I don't know how he did it, but he did it. Is that going to bother you?" he asked as he went back to the shower.

He didn't really care that he was naked in front of her. He simply went through the motions, washing away his troubles. After he was done he lightly toweled off and went out onto the porch from the master bedroom and slid into the hot tub.

"oooooh god, this feels amazing," Trent said, finally relaxing. He looked ad Joss and smiled. "Is there anything you will need me to set up for the animals, or anything else?" he asked, closing his eyes and leaning his head back against the padding on the edge of the tub.
 
"No, it just-" Joss didn't know what it was. Shock mostly but also fear. How would this turn on her? How would Thomas get back at her for this and was she strong enough to be ready for it? She didn't know what the future held for her and that was part of her hesitation. "I don't know." Joss answered honestly. "I guess I'm just wondering what Thomas' move will be." Joss smiled trying to not let it bother her even if it did.

When Trent stepped back into the shower Joss left the bathroom letting him finish in peace. It had been an eventful morning and there was still the whole rest of the day. Getting out of her wet clothes Joss changed and had just finished zipping up her pants when Trent walked trough the bedroom to the porch. There was a hot tub there and he slid into it naked.

Joss followed and leaned against the door jam. "No, I should be fine. If you don't mind I'm going to walk the fence line and check things out." Joss hated feeling like she was dragging Trent into her mess and promised herself that she would be out of her and in her own place within a week, if not sooner. Trent was a great man and she didn't want to over stay her welcome and lose that.
 
Trent sat up and then said, "Wait! Please, don't go. I know there are things that are bothering you. Let's talk about it. This hot tub feels great if you'd like to join me, or you can sit on the bench and we can talk."

He looked over at Joss and couldn't help but smile. He really liked this girl. He felt like he could have a future with her. He didn't know why either, but he wanted a future with her. He shook his head slowly and tried to slow his thoughts down.

"First order of business. You are staying here indefinitely. I'll have a friend scope out the housing market, but if you want to keep your current job, as well as your animals, it will take a while to find a place. Second, don't feel like you can't talk to me about anything. I'm here for you and want to help. Third, don't worry about it if you feel like you are overstaying your welcome, or being a burden on me. The honest truth is that I've loved having you around here. It's been amazing to have company here. I can't tell you how boring and alone it gets when I'm the only one here. That snarky bitch never really is here, so it's just me. If I could have my way, you'd be moving in permanently," Trent said with a smile. He wanted her here, and didn't want her to go anywhere else. He had land for her animals, as well as for her current profession.

Trent sighed and relaxed again, then waited for Joss to speak. He didn't want to put any pressure on here, so he tried to relax as much as he could. He knew she would speak when she was ready. He just hoped it wouldn't be to tell him she was moving out immediately, and that she didn't want his help anymore.
 
"I don't know if you could call it bothered. I mean, I needed to get out that marriage I suppose but I didn't think it was that easy. I'm more uneasy then anything else." Joss confessed sitting on the edge of the hot tub near Trent. "I know how Thomas is and I know that he'll want to get back at me for this. He has to have the last work and I hate wondering how his last word will hit me." She sighed. "And I really don't want it to effect you in any way. He isn't your mess and me staying here will just make you a target."

Joss sighed again and gave Trent a small but tired smile. It was scary how he seemed to read her mind but it was also kind of comforting that he seemed to know her so well and yet they have pretty much just met. "I know and I thank you for all of that." Joss reached out and picked up his hand holding it with both of hers. "But this isn't fair to you." She didn't want him to see how much she was leaning on him and count her weak for it. Yes, it would take time to find a place but she was determined not to be a drain on Trent. "If worse comes to worse I can move into on of the wrangler cabins at the park and the horses can come with me. So it's not like I'm without choices." Joss said out loud more to herself then to Trent.

She understood how being lonely and alone felt but her moving out of his house didn't mean that she was moving out of his life. He was her greatest friend right now and she needed him and feared that too much of her would push him away. Joss had friendships break apart because she had friends move in and it was heart breaking to lose people that you cared about and she cared for Trent.

"Even if I do move I'm still going to be here. Your my friend, at times more then just that and until you get sick of my you're stuck." Joss smiled kissing the back of the hand that she held.

"Do you want to come with me as I walk the fence line?" Sure Trent looked comfortable in the hot tub but if she was going to bring her horses here she needed to make sure the fence line was sound.
 
Trent smiled and nodded, then stood up. He looked down and blushed, remembering he was naked, and now very hard. He quickly scurried inside and toweled off. He thought about what Joss had said, and then realized she was lying to herself. He didn't know how Matt had done it, but he knew Thomas couldn't hurt her anymore. He pulled on his jeans and a shirt, then his work boots. He quickly met Joss back by the hot tub.

"You're wrong on Thomas being able to hurt you. Believe me when I say Matt is thorough. He will have made sure that Thomas can't touch you, or do anything to you again. And don't worry about me, I'm a big boy," he said, then leaned in and kissed her softly.

"God I needed her," Trent thought as he kissed her, then broke it off. "Let's go look at that fence line. And as for moving. It's not going to happen. You know as well as I do that if you move into those cabins, your work is never going to get anywhere. You need a home base to keep your horses, as well as operate your business from. Away from the ranchers. If you want to move to the cabin and have those distractions, nowhere to keep your animals, and nowhere to run your business, be my guest. If you stay here, you have all of that, as well as someone to cook for you and take care of you when you need it," he said, playing hardball as they walked out to the fence line, then started heading down the line. He had built it for his own horses, and knew it would be more than adequate.

Trent took her hand and held it. "Most importantly, I am starting to really want and need you here. You don't realize how good it's felt for you to be here. You wouldn't be a burden, nor would I view you as weak, or needy, or anything like that. I'm offering my home to you, not letting you take advantage of it. If you'd like, we can work out rent. I just don't want you to leave," he finished quietly, staring down at the ground as they walked, realizing those words had never been more true.
 
Joss didn't saw anything because she didn't feel like it really mattered. What Trent said was nice but she knew better and more importantly she knew Thomas and if it wasn't today or the next day it would be some day and it would happen. But it did feel nice to be protected by Trent. He was kind, sweet, a great lover and a dozen other things. And right now he was naked and hard but before Joss could do anything he left and was dressed ready to walk the fence line. The kiss he gave her was nice and stopped Joss from complaining about him leaving with a hard on.

"Oaky, okay, okay!" Joss laughed tossing her hands up in the air. "I give! You win. I won't go to the cabins and I'll stay here until you tell me to leave or that you don't want me here." She smiled feeling happy, free and safe. "Now you're stuck with me." She whispered stopping and turning towards Trent to give him a long very thankful kiss that left her breathless.

She had never in her life heard that she was needed. Wanted sure but Trent had also said need and that was what got her. To express something like that to another person took courage, it was raw emotions and were easily hurt if said to the wrong person. She knew that now better then ever before and treasured the words that Trent said. "I want to be here too." Joss told Trent kissing him again.
 
Trent held Joss close, extremely happy she was going to stay. He smiled and then kissed her passionately before hugging her close. He couldn't begin to tell her how normal he felt around her, and how close he felt to her as well. It scared him that he felt this way after just a short period of time, but he was comfortable with it.

"How are you liking the fence?" he asked, knowing that they were up to her standards. He smiled as they came to his stables. He hadn't told her that he owned quite a few horses, and enjoyed taking care of them.

"I did tell you that you'd have everything you need here," he smiled, then walked over to his truck. He had parked here and walked back when he came home last, and smiled as he had the horse trailer hooked up.

"Ready to go get your horses," he asked. He whistled and smiled and Khar came bolting out of the house. He waited, then opened the door as Khar hopped into he cab of the truck. He kne wthe deck was now stacked against her, and just smiled innocently.
 
The walk around the property was really nice. Joss held Trent's hand when she felt like it and there wasn't a single moment that felt wrong or forced. Along the way she saw rub markings, game trails and lots of squirrels getting ready for the winter.

"The fence line on the back east side might be a little short for Eagle but other then that it looks good." Joss smiled seeing the stable. "Nice." Trent's stables out classed Joss' old fixed up barn that Granite and Eagle had access to and it made her smile picturing her two boys in such nice accommodations.

Joss crossed her arms and rocked back on her heels being stubborn. "If I hadn't already said yes before this would be get you the answer that you want." Joss broke and gave Trent a big smile.

"Oh no." Joss muttered seeing her flatbed ford truck in the driveway nearest the barn. Someone had really put a hurt on it. The tires were slashed, the lights on all side were bashed in along with the windows of the crew cab and there were key marks and dents all over the sides. "Well..." It looked like cosmetics from here but she knew Thomas and if this is how bad it looked on the outside it was bound to be twice as bad under the hood. "I was thinking about getting something new anyways." Joss lied to herself hopping from Trent's truck before it came to a complete stop. "I guess that answers the question I was going to ask you." Before pulling up Joss was going to ask Trent if he knew if Thomas was still in jail or if he had gotten out already. This was her answer. Either Thomas got out somehow or he still had friends or paid someone to do this. Joss wasn't sure which she wanted it to be but all three gave her the chills.

"I'm going to get the boys." Joss walked off whistling and calling for her horses. Thomas was stupid but she prayed that he was smart enough to leave her horses alone. When they both came running up to the barn in perfect health Joss sighed in relief. These two horses and Kahr were the only things in her life that made her happy and Joss couldn't imagine loosing any of them.

Joss quickly put halters and clipped on lead ropes on Granite and Eagle before opening the gate. Eagle she wasn't worried about with his shy weary but lovable puppy like nature, it was Granite with his macho mustang stallion bullshit that she had to watch out around others with. Joss was his mare and he tolerated sharing her with Kahr and Eagle but no one else. In fact he hated Thomas from day one and if given a chance will bite and kick at him till this day. It should have been a sign to Joss but it was something she ignored. The relationship between the woman and horse was something compeltly differet and strange and had been like that since the first time they saw each other and he had tried to kill her. It was a nine hour straight story that ended with a bloody nose, three broken fingers, bruised ribs and a hug.

"Eagle goes in first." Joss nodded to the free wandering horse with a lead rope over it's back as it ate grass. Granite she held close and watched as he stared down Trent with his head held high and his chest out and proud. He was talking deep breathes and was still for a long moment before letting it all out with a great big huff and relaxing. It wasn't a total acceptance but Granite wasn't threatened by Trent and that was more then Joss would have expected.

"First Kahr and now a foot in with Granite." Joss chuckled and shook her head. "I still wouldn't go trying to touch him or anything like that but he doesn't hate you off the bat and that is a surprise in and of itself." She smiled loading up her horse and then their tack and supplies.

"Do you think Thomas is out yet?" Joss whispered voicing her worry out loud.
 
Trent nodded. He had received a text about it. It was the main reason why he had wanted to take his pickup and not hers. He had a truck gun, as well as his custom .45 stashed. He wanted to make sure Joss was protected. When he was what had been done to Joss' truck, Trent immediately knew Thomas had been there. It surprised him a bit that he had found out where Joss was staying.

Trent's phone suddenly started ringing. He looked at it, realizing it was from the sheriff. He answered, then looked at Joss, before telling her that they had picked up Thomas being drunk and disorderly at a bar. Trent's eyes got wide, tears starting to form as he heard what the sheriff had to say next. "Son, your girls are dead. Thomas told us that he killed both of your dogs while defacing Joss' truck. You'll find the bodies on the opposite side of the barn," the sheriff said quietly. He hung up, knowing Trent wouldn't be able to talk anymore.

The phone dropped from Trent's hand, his mind in shock. He had raised both his dogs since they were pups old enough to be separated from their mommas. It was almost more than he could take, as tears started pouring down his face. He looked at Joss and then shook his head. He opened his glove box, showing his .45, then thought better of it.

"The son of a bitch killed both of my dogs after tearing your truck up," Trent whispered, wrapping his arms around his chest. The tears had turned into sobs that racked his whole body as he quickly got out of the truck. The emotions were too much as he started retching, before throwing up. The shock was too much, but he finally was able too stop the shaking in his body.

He walked around to the passenger side door and motioned for Joss to move over. "I can't drive like this. Can you get us both home?" he asked quietly. He hunched into the corner of the cab, against the door, watching the scenery change. He knew he would have to be faced with the task of burying his two pups.

He reached out and took Joss' free hand, holding onto it, using it as an anchor so he didn't get lost in his emotions. Slowly he was able to pull himself together, finally stopping crying as they reached his house. He let Joss unload her horses as he found his two pups, a husky and a boxer.

Trent went and picked up a shovel before digging two shallow graves, and carefully placing his best friends inside. He marked the spot with stones, knowing he would find a way to memorialize them. He walked back to Joss and hugged her, holding onto her, scared to let go for fear the dam might break.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top