Converting Lit Success to Paying Markets?

MalcolmMoss

Virgin
I'm not sure if this sort of topic is banned from the forums. If so, please kindly remove it. I searched and didn't find any rule prohibiting it.

I've been writing for a long time. I started in erotica here on lit (under a different name) before moving into mainstream fantasy and science fiction. After attaining some success in those genres, I decided to go back to erotica. Since using a pen name for my erotica, I'm finding it hard to get the ball rolling as it were.

My first three short stories/novelettes went live late last week and have been doing spectacularly considering my complete lack of readership, marketing commitment, or online presence for this new pen name.

This morning, my short story The Lorelein Giant finally went free on Amazon and is currently rated ~7,000 on the free boards. Here on lit, TLG was rated 4.6ish with positive comments. Has anyone had any luck growing a readership from the lit community? If so, could you share your methods and results?

Many thanks,

MM

Last edited:
Thank you for the link. I saw the post a while back but couldn't decide if it was for promoting lit works or paying market works. I'll be sure to add my works. Thanks.

Back