The search for Chloe (Closed for Just4fun_72 and pipper)

Just4Fun_72

Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 25, 2011
Posts
196
“Hi Chloe, I’m home.” Frank said as he walked through the front door, after another gruelling night shift, as a police officer.

“Hi Dad, I’m in the kitchen.” Chloe answered back in an unimpressed voice.

Frank walked through the house, and sat at the kitchen table. “Chloe, I got told by one of guys at work, you were in Steven Chopper’s car last night when it got pulled over.”

Chloe turned around and faced her father, and in a slightly raised voice she said “Yes I was Dad. He’s my boyfriend. And you’re not going to stop me seeing him.”

Frank rubbed his face with his hands, and sighed. “Look Chloe,” Frank said in a cool calm voice, “Steven is bad news. He has already been in jail 3 times, for various charges, and I’m worried about you hanging out with him.”

Chloe’s voice continued to get louder, as she said, “I know all this Dad. We have had this discussion before. But I’m not going to stop seeing him, just because you see him as a criminal.” Chloe cast her eyes to the clock on the wall, “Shit! I’m late! I won’t be home tonight Dad. I’m spending tonight at Rose’s. I need to study for my maths exam tomorrow.” Chloe continued, before draining the rest of her coffee, and running out of the kitchen.

Frank knew who Rose was, but something inside him told him that she wasn’t telling him the truth. Rose was Chloe’s best friend. Rose and Chloe have been friends for about 10 years. They met when Rose and her parents moved at school when Chloe was about 8 or 9 years old. Rose was a good kid, she always made good grades, and usually made the right decisions. Frank hoped that Rose’s influence would win over Chloe, and get her out of the crowd she had fallen in with.

Frank made himself a fresh batch of coffee, and poured himself a nice hot cup of coffee. He sat on the lounge wondering what to do. His mind cast back to how life was before her mother had died as a complication of surgery. Chloe was a different girl. Chloe was well mannered, would never raise her voice, and would do as she is told.

Frank started to blame himself, as tiredness started to overcome him. Frank finished his cup of coffee, put his cup in the sink, and did the washing up, before heading upstairs to bed.

The buzzing of his alarm woke Frank up at 5PM. His first thoughts were for his daughter Chloe. He got up and had a shower, but there was a nagging inside of him that told him to call and check on Chloe. Frank got dressed in his uniform, as he prepared for the last of his night shifts.

Frank thumbed through the phone index, and found Rose’s number. Rose answered the phone. Frank stammered as he said, “Hi Rose, its Mr Wilson, Chloe’s dad. Is Chloe there please?”
 
Last edited:
Rose was one of those no nonsense girls that wouldn’t take any demeaning remarks, from anybody. Many a male college student had landed up before the Dean, and then had to publicly apologize to her. Just because she had a good figure of a body, along with blonde hair, it didn’t make her any idiot’s girlfriend, or the target of sexual remarks.

Now, at 22, she had just graduated with top honours, in web design, and soon after, she successfully applied for a position at a top web design company. However, Rose would have to wait for three more months, until she could fill the position, owing to the fact, that the present occupant of said position wouldn’t be moving to another location until then.

So, Rose was basically wasting time, either at home, the mall, or with her close friend, Chloe. Chloe! How she missed her, lately. It was as if, Rose meant nothing to her, especially since Chloe had started seeing a guy, who Rose considered nothing but trouble, big time. In fact, his arrest on three different occasions, proved her point, but Chloe wouldn’t heed Rose’s warnings.

One remark of Chloe’s did make Rose shudder at the thought. “Steven suggested that I have the talent to become a stripper, so I’m seriously considering quitting college, and becoming one.”

One night, when she was alone at her parent’s house, the phone rang. Rose looked at the call display, which showed ‘Wilson.’ “Chloe!” exclaimed Rose.

“Hello?”

“Hi Rose, its Mr Wilson, Chloe’s dad. Is Chloe there please?”

Rose’s heart sank. “I’m afraid she isn’t, Mr Wilson. In fact, I wasn’t expecting her.”
 
Last edited:
Frank was disappointed when Rose said “I’m afraid she isn’t, Mr Wilson. In fact, I wasn’t expecting her.”

Frank tried to hide his disappointment in hearing that Chloe wasn’t at Rose’s. Chloe had never lied to her father before, but since her decline, Chloe was changing more and more. “Thanks Rose, Chloe said she was heading over there tonight. Can you ask her to call me if she shows up at your place, please?” Frank said somewhat despondently, before hanging up the phone.

Frank headed to work, but was constantly distracted by the thoughts of Chloe’s whereabouts. Frank thought about all the hard work she had put in to her engineering degree. How lucky she had been to get in to the course. Chloe had just made the grades, and how lucky she was to get a scholarship to the same college Rose was going to.

As Frank was on patrol, he kept an eye out for Steven Chopper’s car. Much to his surprise, the car was nowhere to be found.

Frank spoke to a few of his colleagues about Chloe, and her ‘boyfriend’, and asked they kept an eye out for his car, when Frank took a coffee break at the local police hangout. When Frank finished his break, he got in to his patrol, punched Steven’s number plate in to the car, and bought up his details. Frank took a trip past Steven’s residence. There was no sign of life.

Frank was becoming more and more worried about Chloe as the night progressed.

About 2AM, Frank still hadn’t heard from Chloe. He decided to take a trip past home. Frank pulled up in the driveway, and let himself in the house as quietly as he could, then headed up to Chloe’s room to check and see if she was home. As Frank surveyed the room, it took a few seconds for the scene in front of him to sink in. Chloe had run away. Her drawers were partially opened, and from what Frank could see, they had been emptied.

On Chloe’s dresser, there was a note.

Dear Dad,

The time has come for us to part company. Steven and I have decided to move to another state, and try life as a happily married couple.

I know this will leave a bitter taste in your mouth, but this is what you get for being so overbearing, and controlling.

I hope you enjoy your life alone.

Goodbye Dad

Chloe


Frank’s blood was boiling as read the note. He knew Steven was bad news. Frank didn’t know what to do. He decided that he had to finish his shift. Frank jumped in his patrol car, and headed back to the station, and spoke to his Captain to arrange some emergency leave.

As Frank’s shift ended, he drove home watching the sunrise. Frank let himself in to his house, and went back up to Chloe’s room, and re-read the note Chloe had left him, as he fought back the tears.

Frank wondered around the house despondently, feeling lost, and confused. Frank had all sorts of thoughts running through his head, ’Have I been such a bad father? Have I really been overbearing, and controlling?’

Frank didn’t know what to do as he wondered through his house. ‘I have to go find her!’ Frank thought. ‘But where to start.’

Desperate for a clue, he picked up the home phone, and hit redial. A sleepy female voice answered the phone. “Hello Rose. It’s Mr Wilson again. Sorry for ringing so early, but I found a note from Chloe saying she has decided to go to another state, with that Steven character. Did she mention anything to you?”
 
Rose was worried. It was obvious that Chloe wasn’t where she had told her father she would be, but what could she do? Maybe her friend was out with her boyfriend, and would return home late into the night.

As her parents were away for a short holiday, Rose stayed up late, just in case Chloe came to see her, but as the time passed, Rose knew that wasn’t going to happen, so she reluctantly went to bed.

It was past seven the next morning, when Rose was woken from her sleep, by the sound of the phone ringing. Was it Chloe?

“Hello?” Rose asked in a sleepy tone.

“Hello Rose. It’s Mr Wilson again. Sorry for ringing so early, but I found a note from Chloe saying she has decided to go to another state, with that Steven character. Did she mention anything to you?”

Rose was stunned into becoming fully awake. “She hasn’t said anything to me, Mr Wilson.”

Then she thought back to that remark that Chloe had made.

“I’m not sure if she was serious, but she did at one time; say that she was thinking of becoming a stripper, at Steven’s suggestion. I just hope that this guy hasn’t talked her into going away with the promise of a happy life, and then force her into stripping.”
 
Last edited:
Frank was mortified when heard Rose say “I’m not sure if she was serious, but she did at one time; say that she thinking of becoming a stripper, at Steven’s suggestion. I just hope that this guy hasn’t talked her into going away with the promise of a happy life, and then force her into stripping.”

He wasn’t sure what to say, or what to think. The only thought going through Frank’s mind was he had get Chloe home.

“Rose, I’ve taken some time off work.” Frank said, sounding a little distant, dazed, and confused. “I’m going to look for her. I think I could use some reinforcements, is there any chance you could come with me. I think between the both of us, we might be able to talk her in to coming. I’ll pay for everything. Please help me find my daughter.” Frank said, now pleading with Rose, even though she hadn’t said a word.

Frank continued thinking out loud, not allowing Rose to get a word in edgewise, “I think maybe we should head up north. There is a lot of strip joints, and tittie bars up that way. Maybe they stopped to make some money. But surely Chloe wouldn’t lower herself to that.”
 
Rose was stunned. Not by the fact he was going to look for her, as that was a normal reaction of a father, but it was the fact, that he wanted her to go with him.

The opportunity to go traveling at someone's expense, was very tempting. Rose would love to help Wilson to save his daughter, Chloe, from the clutches of Steven, though in her heart she knew that it would be a wild goose chase, but she needed to at least make an effort, futile as it was.

“I’m looking after the house, as my parents are away celebrating their wedding anniversary. They will be back in two days. I know you and my Dad are close friends. Why don’t you call him on his cell phone to explain the situation? Then if it’s okay with him, I will go with you.”

After hanging up, she cringed at the word ‘Tittie.’ Did he have to use that vulgar word?
 
Last edited:
Frank hung up the phone, and looked at his watch, it 7:34. Frank knew it was too early to Bill. Frank decided he would wait till 9 o'clock, to ring Bill. As Frank waited for the time to pass, he went to the shed, grabbed a suitcase, headed back into his bedrom, opened the suitcase on the bed, and started packing. He threw some jeans, boxers, and polo shirts in the socks in the open suitcase. Frank then gathered his toiletries, and threw them into a shower bag, before throwing that on top of the clothes that were already in the suitcase. Lastly Fank threw his phone charger in to the suitcase, and did it up.

Frank then went into his den, and pulled out his secondary weapon, and holster, and strapped it to his ankle. Frank then got himself some breakfast. He poured himself a bowl a ceral, and poured milk over his cereal. Frank sat at the table, and played with his cereal, eating a little bit every know and then. After eating 3 or 4 mouthfuls, Frank threw the rest of his ceral away.

Frank look at his watch and saw it was only 8:15. Time was dragging. Frank was getting more and more anxious. He decided to watch the news, and see if there was anything on there that would give him a clue as to Chloe and Steven's whereabouts. Frank tried to concentrate, but his mind kept wondering to Chloe and what she had done.

Frank watched the time in the corner of his screen tick over, minutes were passing like hours. Eventually it reached 8:55, and Frank decided to call Bill. He dug his cell phone out of his pocket, and rang Bill. "Hi Bill, Sorry for ringing you while you're on vacation, but I've got a problem, and I was wondering if I could borrow Rose for a while." Frank blurted out.

Bill's response was immediate, "It's ok Frank, I'm sure you wouldn't have rung me unless it was important. What's going on? What do you need Rose for? How can Rose help you?"

Frank was trying to hold back his tears, but managed to hold things together long enough to say to Bill, "Chloe started seeing this guy a while back, his name is Steven Chopper. He is bad news. Sometime in the last 24 hours, Chloe ran away with him. I want to go looking for her, and as you know Rose, and her are pretty close, and I was thinking if I was lucky enough to find her, Rose might be able to talk some sense in to her, because you know things aren't too good between Chloe and I since her mother passed."

Farnk waited as Bill digested what Frank had said to him, eventually Bill said, "Rose is supposed to be looking after our house, but considering we are due home in 48 hours, I guess that it's ok if Rose goes with you. But she has limited funds."

Frank smiled, knowing what an asset Rose was to his arsenal as far as Chloe was concerned, and said, "Thanks Bill, I really appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your holiday."

Frank hung up the phone determined not to waste another minute, dialed Rose's number again and after filling her in on what her father had said, Frank said, "Can I pick you up in 15 minutes?"
 
"Can I pick you up in 15 minutes?"

"How about 30 minutes, Mr Wilson? I haven't packed a thing, just in case my Dad said no," replied Rose.

With him agreeing, she went and started packing, deciding to leave skirts and dresses at home, as jeans and slacks would suffice for what laid ahead, as well as saving space for her laptop and toiletries.

All too soon, there was a ring at the door, announcing the arrival of Wilson. It was only a matter of five minutes, before her luggage was placed inside his truck, and on their way.

Chat was very limited to begin with, so much so, that Rose turned on her i-pod to listen to some relaxing classical music, while reclining her seat.

Soon she felt her cell phone vibrate, telling her that a call was coming in. Retrieving it from her shirt pocket, she found that it was a text from Chloe.

'R. You must know by now, that I have left Dad. I'm afraid that I couldn't stand his 'holier than thou' attitude. I am an adult after all, and not a child. Pls keep in touch. C.'

Rose thought it best to reply straight away.

'C. Yes, I know about you leaving. Pls take care of yourself, and if you feel that anytime you want to come home, pls let me know, so I can help you. I miss you already 'hug'. R.'

After she had sent it, Rose told Wilson about both text messages, then added, "I didn't ask Chloe where she was for two reasons. Firstly, she might not be where they plan to settle down, and secondly, I don't want her getting suspicious that we're trying to find her."
 
Last edited:
Frank understood why Rose didn't ask Chloe about her whereabouts, but that didn't make matters easier for him. He was still upset, heartbroken by what his daughter had done. "I know how we can find out where Chloe is." Frank said somewhat cheerfully, as it dawned on him that Chloe still ahd her mobile phone, and that it was on.

Frank dialed a number on his phone, and spoke briskly, and bluntly. "This is Officer Frank Wilson, I need a trace on a mobile phone... I need to know where it is... The owner is a witness to a crime... The number is 555 807 4169... You can contact me on 555 807 6587... Thank you." And then he ended the call.

Frank looked over at Rose, and said "The trace won't give us an exact location, but it will give us a general area, and tell us if we are heading the in the right direction. While we wait for them to trace the phone, would you like a coffee? Or something to eat?"
 
"...would you like a coffee? Or something to eat?"

"I just have a coffee, if you please," Rose said, as she put her i-pod into her purse, before going into a cafe. Why was Wilson so intent on bringing Chloe home? she thought.

They both sat down, and as Wilson waited for the response to his request, Rose broke the silence between them. "I was wondering. If Chloe is legally an adult, and has done nothing illegal, is there any legal reason why you want to bring her home against her wishes? I hope you don't mind me asking that, but I'm just curious."
 
Frank walked into the cafe just behind Rose, and sat down opposite her. He ordered 2 coffees, and a hamburger for himself. As they waited for their order, Rose said, "I was wondering. If Chloe is legally an adult, and has done nothing illegal, is there any legal reason why you want to bring her home against her wishes? I hope you don't mind me asking that, but I'm just curious."

Frank took a deep breath, and said, "That is a fair question Rose. And it deserves an honest answer. The reason I want to bring Chloe home is because of Steven. Steven is bad news. He is in to the drug scene. He has been arrested at least 3 times before, once by me. And when I arrested him, he swore to get revenge. I think he is only with Chloe to get back at me. Chloe has had everything a girl could want. She had a good home, a good education, and if she would of graduate from college, Chloe could have the world at her feet. I only want her to have the best in life. Chloe deserves better than Steve. Chloe changed when she met him, when they started seeing each other."

By the time Frank had finished explaining the reason for wanting Chloe to come home, his eyes were welling with tears. Frank excused himself, and went to the washroom. Frank washed his face, and regained his composure.

Frank returned to the table, and said, "Sorry Rose. This whole situation upsets me."
 
While Wilson was in the washroom, Rose tried to take in what he had just said. Was Steven only using Chloe to get back at him? She dreaded the thought what this criminal would do to her friend.

Soon Wilson was back at the table. "Sorry Rose. This whole situation upsets me."

When Rose saw the fear in his eyes, her sense of compassion took over. She reached over and touched one of his hands with hers. "If Chloe keeps getting in touch with me, you'll be able to keep a trace on her whereabouts. So don't give up hope yet."
 
Hearing Rose say, "If Chloe keeps getting in touch with me, you'll be able to keep a trace on her whereabouts. So don't give up hope yet." bought Frank some hope.

Just then, Frank’s mobile phone rang. He answered is phone in his usual manner.

“This is Wilson.” He said. “Speaking... Yes I did... OK... Thank you.” Frank hung up, and looked at Rose with a despondent look on his face, and said, “We’re going the wrong way. When the phone company did the trace, they were about 8 hours south of where we started from, so they were about 10 hours in front of us, an hour ago. We’ve got to make a move.”

Frank gulped down his coffee, and threw his hamburger into a few napkins, before throwing a $20 note on the table. Frank seemed to be running to get back into the car, but he was actually just walking quickly. “You do understand why I want Chloe to come home, don’t you Rose?” Frank said as they climbed into his car.

Frank drove a little over the speed limit, in an attempt to make up time. As they drove back through their home town, Frank slowed down to the speed limit, before looking at Rose, and saying, “It wouldn’t look good if I got booked for speeding now, would it Rose?”
 
“You do understand why I want Chloe to come home, don’t you Rose?”

“Of course, Mr Wilson,” replied Rose, as she buckled herself in. “I just hope we get to her, before this Steven guy does his worse.”

Knowing that the drive ahead of them was going to be an epic one, Rose reclined her seat, and began to listen to Mahler’s, ‘Symphony of a Thousand,’ on her i-pod.

As they drove back through where they lived, Rose wondered if she could make an excuse that she had to return home, as she wasn’t feeling well, and let Wilson go on alone, but guilt got the better of her.

Then she noticed him looking at her, so she paused the music. “It wouldn’t look good if I got booked for speeding now, would it Rose?”

“We’re all guilty of that! But I’m sure that’s the last thing on Steven’s mind. So do what you need to, to catch the swine! If Chloe texts me again, I’ll let you know, and if she calls me, I’ll motion you to pull over, so that you can get out, and put a trace on her phone. I don’t want you in the car, while I chat with her, as she will hear you.”
 
Frank half chuckled as he heard Rose say that “We’re all guilty of that!...". As a police officer he knew everyone fractured the law once or twice, in some cases, the fracture was much worse.

Frank observered the speed limits, till he cleared the city limits. Frank then set the cruise control, for slightly above the speed limit. As they drove further south, Frank kept glancing over at Rose. He noticed her long slender legs, and the curves of hips and thighs, and wondered if her skin was as soft as it looked.

After driving a while further, Frank started to yawn, and said to Rose, "Listen Rose, I'm getting tired. I haven't slept since I started work last night. I think we might pull in to the next motel we come across so I can get some sleep." Though he wasn't sure if she heard him over the I-Pod she was listening to.

Frank pulled into a motel just off the highway, and left Rose in the truck, and walked into the reception area, and emerged a few minutes later with a key. Frank had asked for a double room, with the hope that Rose would lay down beside him. "I got us a room Rose. It's just around the corner. But the only room they had, has a queen sized bed in it." Frank said as he pulled the bags out of the truck, and started walking towards the room.

Frank opened the door, and placed the bags on the table. "I'm going for a shower and then I'm going to get some sleep." Frank said as he headed for the bathroom.
 
"I'm going for a shower and then I'm going to get some sleep."

Rose didn’t like this situation, not one bit at all. Did he really expect her to sleep in the same bed? Her father would blow his top, if he knew what predicament his close friend had put her in.

There was no choice, but to make a gamble. If it failed, she would sleep on the floor, or make him do that.

“Mr Wilson?”

He stopped and turned to face her.

“I know for a fact, that Chloe can drive. Have you considered that they are not staying somewhere overnight, as they can take turns behind the wheel? I know you’re tired, but I have relaxed, while you drove, so I’m good for a few more hours. Why can’t I drive? Just point me in the right direction, and tell me what roads to take.”

Wilson stared at her.

“For crying out loud Mr Wilson! They are probably putting more miles between us, as we speak, so much so, that we may never find her. What are your intentions?”
 
Last edited:
Frank stopped when Rose called him, and faced her.

He listened as she said, “I know for a fact, that Chloe can drive. Have you considered that they are not staying somewhere overnight, as they can take turns behind the wheel? I know you’re tired, but I have relaxed, while you drove, so I’m good for a few more hours. Why can’t I drive? Just point me in the right direction, and tell me what roads to take.”

Frank stood riveted to the spot. He knew deep down, that the best plan was to keep moving, but his body wasn’t willing. He didn’t have the strength to answer her.

“For crying out loud Mr Wilson! They are probably putting more miles between us, as we speak, so much so, that we may never find her. What are your intentions?” Rose continued, sounding very suspicious of the whole situation.

Frank knew how it looked. Him... her... alone... the motel... the queen sized bed... “Look Rose. I know how this looks, but I am[/B ]tired. I know you’re right. We should keep moving.” Frank began, before yawning yet again. “Look, give me 15 minutes, I’m just going to have a shower, and freshen up a bit, and then you can drive for a while, so I can get some sleep.”

Frank turned and headed for the bathroom, locking the door behind him. Frank turned the shower on and let the water run as he got undressed. The bathroom was starting to fill with steam, as Frank stepped under the shower. Frank washed himself, and his hair, with the courtesy soap provided by the motel, and was stepping out of the shower about 10 minutes later.

Frank dried himself, and put his boxers on. Frank then pulled on a clean pair of denim shorts, and put on a polo shirt. Frank then did his hair, and opened the bathroom door. He walked out, and put his dirty washing into a plastic bag, before throwing the dirty washing in his suitcase.

“You ready to go Rose?” Frank called out, as he grabbed the suitcase before heading out the door.
 
Rose got into the driver's seat, and when Wilson told her the direction on which to head, she drove away, while he tried to get comfortable in the seat beside her.

Rose then decided to plug her cell phone into the cigarette lighter socket, to both charge it, and make it easier to answer if Chloe called.

As the miles and hours passed, Rose wondered if it was worth all this effort to try and fetch an adult back home against her wishes. At five in the morning, she was now dealing with the snoring of Wilson, who was well and truly in a deep sleep. Suddenly her phone rang with the theme that said that a text had been received.

Rose quickly picked the phone and read the text.

'R. I know you will be asleep when you receive this, but I wanted to tell you that Steven has just told me, that we should be at our destination this afternoon. He originally didn't want me to keep in contact with you, but I told him that you were a close friend that could be trusted not to tell my Dad anything. I hope that I am right! C.'

Rose then started pushing Wilson trying to wake him up, while shouting at him. After about thirty seconds, he finally woke up, but still very sleepy.

"I've just got a text from Chloe! Here read it, then track her phone, and not necessarily in that order!"
 
Last edited:
Frank could hear Rose calling him, but it sounded like she was miles away, but when he heard Rose say, "I've just got a text from Chloe! Here read it, then track her phone, and not necessary in that order!" Frank woke with a start.

It took Frank a minute or two to register what Rose had just said to him. As the haze of sleep lifted from Frank, he dug his mobile phone out of his pocket, and made the necessary phone call to trace Chloe’s mobile.

Frank hung up, and said “Now we wait. It shouldn’t take them too long to do it this time of morning.”

“Rose,” Frank began, “Do you think I am being stupid? Do you think we are going to be able to bring Chloe home? I mean she is technically an adult. I just know Chloe can do so much better than this boyfriend of hers.” Frank said, as if he was questioning his actions.

They had been on the road for a long time now, and whether he wanted to admit it or not, Frank was subconsciously coming to terms with what was going on. After about half an hour of driving further south, Franks phone rang. He spoke abruptly as he had before, but when he hung up, he seemed a little relieved.

“They did the trace Rose. Chloe is about 6 hours in front of us. Her phone has been registered to the towers near the border for the last 3 hours. I’m thinking they may have stopped for a rest.” Frank said with the relief obvious in his voice.

Frank was shuffling in his seat. His truck was getting uncomfortable. “Rose, how about we stop for a break for while. Maybe grab some breakfast? Have a stretch? What do you say?”
 
“Do you think I am being stupid? Do you think we are going to be able to bring Chloe home? I mean she is technically an adult. I just know Chloe can do so much better than this boyfriend of hers.”

Rose thought about her answer for a few moments. "Well, to be honest, I don't know if Chloe will come home, unless you can prove to her that this Steven guy, was using her to get revenge on you, or, God forbid, that he intends to harm her."

Wilson said nothing in response, probably going over things in his mind. Soon, he told her that they were about 6 hours behind Chloe now, and according to the track on Chloe's phone, Steven and her, had probably been stationary for the last 3 hours, which was good news, confirming Rose's plea to keep going was the right decision.

“Rose, how about we stop for a break for while. Maybe grab some breakfast? Have a stretch? What do you say?”

"Well, I could do with a few minutes to freshen up, but how about we eat breakfast on the fly? That way we can narrow the gap, before they go on the move again. All I need is a bacon sandwich and a coffee. I can drive while you have yours, then if you're okay, we'll switch places. How's that?"
 
The mere thought of how Steven could use Chloe against her own father, infuriated him. Rose was right. He could be using Chloe just to get revenge. But then again, there was nothing to say that this could all go pear shaped, and he could end up taking Chloe hostage, or worse. But he had to at least try to get Chloe back.

Rose’s suggestion about have a freshen up, and eating breakfast on the fly made sense, and as much as Frank wanted to get out of the car for a lengthy period of time, he knew she was right, so somewhat reluctantly Frank agreed, and said to Rose, “Pull up at the next roadhouse, Rose. We’ll grab a bite to eat, and some coffee.”

Once Rose pulled up at the roadhouse, Frank jumped out, and stretched his back. “Rose, I’m heading to the men’s room, and ummmm I might be a while. Here is $20 to cover your breakfast, so you don’t have to wait for me.” Frank said as they were walking in to the roadhouse.

Frank headed straight in to the men’s room, and once he had answered the call of nature, he walked to the basins, and looked at his reflection. Frank looked like hell. He had bags under his eyes, he needed a shave, and the worry lines on his forehead were deeply embedded in his skin. Frank threw water over his face, after washing his hands, looked in the mirror, and questioned himself and his actions again before going outside to find Rose.

Frank saw Rose sitting at a booth, and walked up to her and said, “Sorry for being so long. I’m just grabbing breakfast, then I’ll be good to go.”
 
Last edited:
Rose watched as he ordered his breakfast, while her bacon sandwich was still in the brown paper bag, having decided to eat it while she drove. She had just taken a sip of her coffee, when Wilson announced that he was ready to go.

Following him out of the roadhouse, Rose took in his physical appearance. Considering that he was going through hell, he still looked handsome. She wondered why he had never remarried.

As they entered the truck, Rose placed the brown bag between them, making sure that it was open, so she could reach in easily to grab a slice while driving.

As Wilson tucked into his breakfast, she slowly drank her coffee, while keeping her eyes on the road. Rose hoped that he would finish soon, in the hope that he would take over behind the wheel.

She did feel peckish, but with dealing with a section of a road that appeared to keep curving around a hillside, Rose couldn't afford to look away to grab her sandwich, so she reached out with her right hand to blindly search for it, but instead, her hand landed on Wilson's thigh just below his crotch.

"Oh...oh. I'm sorry."

Then Rose took a gamble and seeing a short stretch of straight road, she looked away, and grabbed the sandwich out of the paper bag, while noticing a smile on Wilson's face.

"This is what I was aiming for!"

Then she pulled over, before the road started curving again. "I think I'm getting a bit tired. Would you be so kind as to take over the driving, while I eat this thing, and get some shut eye?"
 
Last edited:
Frank grabbed his breakfast, and walked out of the roadhouse, after telling Rose that he was ready, with a coffee in one hand, and a brown paper bag in the other. Frank climbed in to the passenger side, placed his bag on the seat beside Rose’s paper bag, and his coffee in the drink holder, and then did up his seatbelt before Rose moved the truck.

Frank reached in to his paper bag, and pulled out one half of his roast beef sandwich, and started to eat it, occasionally taking a sip of coffee. Frank had just finished the first half of his sandwich when Rose’s hand landed on his thigh, causing Frank to jump slightly. Rose immediately said "Oh...oh. I'm sorry.", Frank laughed, and said, “It’s ok Rose. It’s just been a while since anyone has touched me there.”

Frank had just begun the second half of his sandwich, when he saw Rose pull half her sandwich out of her bag. "This is what I was aiming for!" Rose said, Frank toyed with a couple of lines in his head before he said half laughing, “Here I was thinking a young girl like you was interested in an old fox like me.”

"I think I'm getting a bit tired. Would you be so kind as to take over the driving, while I eat this thing, and get some shut eye?" Rose said, just as a breakdown bay came into view. Frank said without hesitation, “Sure pull over in that breakdown bay, and we can swap seats.”

As soon as the car stopped Frank hopped out, and stretched momentarily, before walking around to the driver’s side. As he buckled the driver’s side seatbelt, he said “You know I was joking about you being interested in me, don’t you? Although I would be very flattered, if that was the case.” With that said, Frank pulled out of the breakdown bay, and started negotiating the windy road in front of him.

Frank picked up his mobile phone and tried to ring out, but the phone had no service. “Stupid bloody thing.” He said as he threw the mobile phone on to the front seat. Frank took his frustration out on the accelerator, and was sitting further above the speed limit than he had done previously.

Frank drove at this speed for a while, and before long, they were passing through the outskirts of a city. Frank picked up his phone, and tried to dial out. A few minutes later Frank was requesting another trace on Chloe’s mobile phone, when he hung up, he said “We shouldn’t be too far out now. Maybe 2 hours until we reach the city Chloe’s phone was in last time I traced her. How about sending her a text, just asking if she is ok, or something? I just want to make sure her phone is still on. I hope she doesn’t realise what we are up to.”
 
“You know I was joking about you being interested in me, don’t you? Although I would be very flattered, if that was the case.”

Rose just smiled at his remark, trying not to say one thing or another, that could get her in more deeper, after the incident with her hand on his thigh. After all, he was going through hell, and probably not in full control of his thoughts, which might explain the incident at the motel, where he expected her to sleep in the same bed with him.

Rose's fear that he was starting to lose focus on the situation was exposed when he threw his phone onto the seat beside her. “Stupid bloody thing.”. After which he sped up to a point that he was taking curves a bit too fast for Rose's liking. She wanted to yell, "Are you trying to kill me?" but thought best not to, hoping he would slow down, as the bout of frustration would die away.

"...How about sending her a text, just asking if she is ok, or something? I just want to make sure her phone is still on. I hope she doesn’t realise what we are up to.”

"Only if you slow down a bit. You're kind of getting me worried," said Rose, using his request to her advantage.

Sensing the car slowing down, she reached for her phone, and began to text. 'C. I've just read your text. I'm glad that you still trust me. Please keep in touch. You're a dear and close friend to me. 'Hug'. I hope you are ok. R.'

"Well, let's hope her phone is on. I fear she's thinking that I'm still back home, and I dread to think what she will think of me, if she spots us together, looking for her."
 
Once Rose said "Well, let's hope her phone is on. I fear she's thinking that I'm still back home, and I dread to think what she will think of me, if she spots us together, looking for her." Frank’s phone rang, and not long after that he hung up and said, “Well Rose, if my calculations are correct, the next major town we come to, should be the last town between us and Chloe. The only trouble is the trace can’t pinpoint Chloe’s location.”

Frank glanced over at Rose, and tried to smile at her reassuringly. “Sorry for scaring you. I’m just worried about Chloe. I have so many thoughts running through my head at the moment. Thoughts like, what if she doesn’t want to come home, what if she thinks you’ve betrayed her, what she is going to think if I tell her about Steve’s threats to me. I really don’t know how she is going to react. We need to formulate some sort of plan.”

Frank gave Rose’s hand a squeeze, “I hope you understand why I asked you to come along. No matter what happens, if Chloe doesn’t come home, if she think you’ve betrayed her, I will never be able to thank you for your help Rose.”

Frank dialled a number in his phone, and asked for the local police station. “This is Officer Frank Wilson. I’m an officer with the City Police Department. I am about an hour out from your town, I need to talk to your shift supervisor please.”

Frank spoke formally, and descriptively, as he asked the local law enforcement to locate, and keep tabs on the whereabouts of Steven’s truck. Frank also asked that no action be taken until he arrives in town, he just wanted to locate Chloe.

When he hung up Frank turned to Rose and said, “Well the locals are going to look for them, which should make locating them easier. Now all we need to is work out what we are going to do when we find them.”
 
Back
Top