Approval time

I

InsatiableSteve

Has anyone else found their recent submissions "stalled out" in the queue? I submitted a new text story on May 5 and it's still pending. I think the longest it has ever taken for any of my 18 published stories to go live is five calendar days. Any insight is helpful. Thanks!

It's been really random and inconsistent lately.

There's obviously something going on behind the scenes beyond trying to get the updated site debugged and online.

It's hard to even say when you should be concerned about a long delay to publishing at this point. I think we're just going to have to be patient until whatever storm has hit finally passes.

My last submission was posted in less than 48 hours. Did you make changes without resubmitting it? 7 days seems a really long time...

Last edited:
Last story was up in three days. The last edit I did took about a week and a half to post.

Yeah it seemed submissions were way down but now it seems back to normal. The new section went below 400 which is unheard of. Now it's back to between 600 and 700 something new stories a week. Hope this is an indication that things are working better.

The pipeline seems a bit slow this week. But then how many administrators does this site have? Two? It must be a huge job.

You might actually have better luck pulling it out and starting over - it worked for a friend, which suggests that the line has broken somewhere.

My last submission was posted in less than 48 hours. Did you make changes without resubmitting it? 7 days seems a really long time...

I like the way the cat in your signature has evolved to have a pink tongue and ears. Is that its final form? It looks like a kitty that's been punched, poor cat. I mostly draw unicrons on whiteboards. It keeps people guessing.

I also have one from May 5 still waiting to post. I had two from May 3 that just posted yesterday. They post when they post. Remember what you paid to post them when service is a little slow.

I also have one from May 5 still waiting to post. I had two from May 3 that just posted yesterday. They post when they post. Remember what you paid to post them when service is a little slow.

How sad is it, that creators are grateful for the opportunity to give their work away for free?

I remember when writing used to have a value. Okay, maybe not the kind of writing I post here. Still. Even Penthouse forum in those magazines would have paid people for their smutty creations.

Now... you're just glad you got to give it away. I can't decide if it's now harder or easier to make money from your work, than when you had to find a publisher. Sure, it's easy to PUBLISH now, but it's fucking hard and expensive to make money off it.

Unless you're running a successful Patreon as one or two are.

Has anyone else found their recent submissions "stalled out" in the queue? I submitted a new text story on May 5 and it's still pending. I think the longest it has ever taken for any of my 18 published stories to go live is five calendar days. Any insight is helpful. Thanks!

I submitted an edit request (the story below) on 5/4/18 and it was published yesterday 5/12/18. I was told by a more experienced author that edits take longer to get published.

I’m submitting a new story within the next few days so I’ll make a point of checking. But I would have thought that a week wasn’t a long time considering how busy they must be.

We've all been spoiled ( me included ) by a couple of consistent years of 2-3 day turnaround.

Back when I first started, a week was pretty much standard.

I submitted for the first time a week ago.

My story still shows as "pending." It's past the seven day window that is given for submissions. No email, or any indication to let me know why.

Normally, longer than a week is when I would suggest either sending a PM to Laurel or viewing the submission and saving changes in order to reset its position in the queue. There seems to be a glitch where not every submission appears in Laurel's backend panel. A few fall through the cracks sometimes.

As things stand, with the slow processing of late, I'd give it at least a couple more days.

My story still shows as "pending." It's past the seven day window that is given for submissions. No email, or any indication to let me know why.

I like the way the cat in your signature has evolved to have a pink tongue and ears. Is that its final form? It looks like a kitty that's been punched, poor cat. I mostly draw unicrons on whiteboards. It keeps people guessing.

Ty, I like my minimalist kitty too:cattail:. It's a dangerous world out there for stray cats and unicorns. ;)

What's a unicron? Is it a really teeny tiny unicorn, about a micron high? With every pixel in the rainbow, obviously.

What's a unicron? Is it a really teeny tiny unicorn, about a micron high? With every pixel in the rainbow, obviously.

Nice catch. THIS is Unicron.

Unicron-idw.jpg

I was waiting for a Transformers fan to come along. :D

[Edit - actually quite hard to draw]

When I submitted a 6 page story for the Valentine's Day contest, it took all of 2 hours to get published, probably because it was near the end of the contest window and it was sped up to get some time on the contest list before it ended. Two weeks later I submitted a 2-page story and it took 3 days.

3-4 days has been the norm for me over the 17 months I've been publishing.

It's not surprising there are occasional delays, considering, as most people seem to believe, it's run by just two people. I can't imagine how they do it. If it's true it's just two people, then what this site does is very impressive.

When I submitted a 6 page story for the Valentine's Day contest, it took all of 2 hours to get published, probably because it was near the end of the contest window and it was sped up to get some time on the contest list before it ended. Two weeks later I submitted a 2-page story and it took 3 days.

3-4 days has been the norm for me over the 17 months I've been publishing.

It's not surprising there are occasional delays, considering, as most people seem to believe, it's run by just two people. I can't imagine how they do it. If it's true it's just two people, then what this site does is very impressive.

I hope they profit from ad revenue for all the amazing work they consistently produce.

Nice catch. THIS is Unicron.

Unicron-idw.jpg

I was waiting for a Transformers fan to come along. :D

[Edit - actually quite hard to draw]

Unicron and NOT unicorns? I'm a little disillusioned ( or dyslexic) but I see the problem, spell check corrected me twice when attempting Unicron. I'm impressed you can draw him (it?), I'd be more impressed if you could build him/it. I like unicorns....but I suppose it's a cruel world for stray cats and Unicron, too...

Unicron and NOT unicorns? I'm a little disillusioned ( or dyslexic) but I see the problem, spell check corrected me twice when attempting Unicron. I'm impressed you can draw him (it?), I'd be more impressed if you could build him/it. I like unicorns....but I suppose it's a cruel world for stray cats and Unicron, too...

Unicorns are easy to draw. Most people can do a decent self-portrait. But you've got to challenge yourself in life, and Unicron takes a bit more effort - I like to push myself, see. Plus, sketching out the Lord of Chaos on a whiteboard as you wander past, helps set the scene for any client interactions.

Back