Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget that booze and sex both lower blood sugar levels: use them therapeutically.

Thank you for this, and for the good wishes from others.

Booze? Depends on which booze. Some alcoholic drinks have high sugar levels.

Sex? Depends on how much effort I put into it. Exercise is good as long as I have eaten first.

Good food, good booze, followed by good sex might keep my blood sugars stable. Too much of the first two could make them rise. Too much of the last without the first two could make them fall too low.

A moderate indulgence in all three would be the best policy.

Thank you for this, and for the good wishes from others.

Booze? Depends on which booze. Some alcoholic drinks have high sugar levels.

Sex? Depends on how much effort I put into it. Exercise is good as long as I have eaten first.

Good food, good booze, followed by good sex might keep my blood sugars stable. Too much of the first two could make them rise. Too much of the last without the first two could make them fall too low.

A moderate indulgence in all three would be the best policy.

Yes, and keep the sex, not the booze, sweet; take the booze unadulterated.

(But do take care of yourself, Og)

Good Luck, Ogg.

But how did you manage the print-out of your results ? Make up a form yourself or use a proprietary programme ?

Just a Word document. I listed day, date, time of blood test and result with a remarks area alongside. Like this although a Lit post might not line up:

Date Day Time Result

1st Nov Friday 10:30 XX.X
13:20 XX.X
19:58 XX.X
23.45 XX.X Portion of trifle!

There's been a political election in DK, and right now they're
arguing who will suffer the biggest defeat. :rolleyes:

Good Luck, Ogg.
I had to go for a personal 'MoT' where it was discovered I was pre-diabetic and should REALLY change my diet and habits. So I have (and I'm feeling the better for it).
But how did you manage the print-out of your results ? Make up a form yourself or use a proprietary programme ?

Make up a spreadsheet in Excel or its equivalent. Then you can print it out.

I just did one with the dates in column and the daily results next to it, then I averaged the month. I assume Ogg averaged the day also.

Make up a spreadsheet in Excel or its equivalent. Then you can print it out.

I just did one with the dates in column and the daily results next to it, then I averaged the month. I assume Ogg averaged the day also.

With Type II, the average isn't that important. It's the pattern.

When in the day do the highs and lows occur? How far above or below the preferred range are they? Can I, with help of the professionals, reduce the variations to a minimum and stay within the recommended range?

Is there any external factor that might account for an out of the ordinary reading?

Hint: I'm sure that one extreme high was caused by washing my hands - always done before a blood test - and then drying it on a towel recently used by 3 year old grandson who had been eating ice-cream. :rolleyes:

I just printed out 'View Submissions' in my members' area. I haven't done that for years but I wanted to check which stories that are in my 'incomplete drafts' folder are actually completed and posted.

I printed 54 A4 sheets!

I should have used the list reached from my signature. :rolleyes: That's only 6 A4 pages.

I spent a good hour in a very cold garage last night trimming some bits for the gadget.
Can I find it this morning ? - No.
I've discovered the other two, but this one? - Nah . . .

Why do some people use the Comments on a story to write a conversation with themselves?

Recently I have had a whole set on my older story The Giant Squid, but the extreme example is on Nylon Overall - the comments are much longer than the original story.

Why?

Why is it that really heavy cabling falls out of the crimp thingy?
Ah well, back to the Drawing Board.

Dear Lady Karma,

Thank you. Your generosity and kindness are greatly and gratefully appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

the good little witch.

Net curtains? You going after flying fish now, HP? :D

Unfortunately, no.
A neighbour has discovered the advantages of a loft conversion (where the loft space under the roof is converted to a room). As it overlooks my living room, I thought I'd better obscure the view. And now it is obscured but it looks terrible, 'cos they're too short by about 4 inches..
Ah well, that $20 gone down the tubes. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back