The King and I (closed)

"Oh you need convincing that you are good enough for me?"

He softly ran his fingers over her back,

"And whoever said that I am good enough for you?"

He waggled his eyebrows at her,

"Perhaps I need some of that convincing that you just mentioned."
 
Charlie laughed when he teased her and she met his challenge. Leaning in, she let her lips meet his, her fingers curling into his hair as she deepened the kiss. She lEt her tongue trace the seam of hips lips, moaning as they parted and their kiss deepens. She ruled her free hand into the fabric of his shirt, pulling him closer into her embrace.

As their kiss parted, she was panting and her heart was pounding loudly in her chest. "Does that seal the deal, Donovan?"
 
The kiss was absolutely fabulous, it was something he could only have dreamed about so far, when she pulled away, he looked at her.

"Does that seal the deal, Donovan?"

He smiled slightly,

"Not really, it does show that you're taking yes for an answer."

He pulled her back to him, recapturing her lips with his, his hands pulling her close, her soft body pressing against his own as he continued where she left off. His tongue not only teased at the meeting of their lips, but as her lips parted slightly, he slipped his own tongue between her lips, curling the tip of his tongue so that it touched her palette just behind her front teeth, then suddenly slipped back, inviting her to meet his tongue with her own.
 
Charlotte moaned as Dave hauled her up against his body, another wonderful kiss stealing her breath away. She parted her lips for him, sighing as his tongue drew hers out to play. She whimpered and kissed him deeply, her body pressing tightly against his muscular form.

As it ended, she was breathless and panting. Her eyes slowl fluttered open and she stared at Dave for a long moment, a smile slowly crossing her features.

"You will have me addicted to your kisses very soon, Dave." She said softly, another soft peck to his lips before she nuzzled against his throat.
 
He smiled and ran his fingers over her hair,

"I think that will go both ways Charlie."

He rested his cheek against her head,

"Do you think you will be able to stand by as other women try to impress me? Or will there be a little bit of a green eyed monster lurking behind the scenes?"
 
"Well, I won't promise that I won't feel a bit of jealousy but I can try and keep it to myself." She said softly, snuggling up closer to Dave as they huddled on her sofa. "As long as you don't deliberately make me upset I think we'll be fine."

Tilting her head towards him, Charlie smiled and found herself kissing her prince again, unable to stop herself from loving him completely.
 
He smiled at her words, it had bothered him, especially since she would be almost everywhere he went and would be present when he met all the royal daughters. He kissed her back, his fingers trailing through the silky strands of her hair, he had wondered about this moment for a long time, but now that it was here, it was much better than he ever could have hoped or dreamed. The ugliest sound he ever heard emitted from his wrist watch, the beeping of an alarm, the alarm which told him that it was time to leave, time to get to his bed if he wanted to be of any use the next day.

"I have to go."

He hated those words, it was words that meant this perfect little moment had to end.
 
Charlotte listened to the computerized beeping that issues from his watch and she let out a deep sigh. She didn't want him to go. The moment was much too perfect. Nibbling on her lip she turned her gaze towards Dave and fought up the courage to ask him what she really wanted.

"Why don't you stay here tonight?" The words seemed to rush from her lips and she actually blushed with the meaning behind them. "It would mean a lot to me if you did."
 
He looked at her for a long moment and then smiled,

"And your parents will have nothing to say about the crown prince spending the night?"

He chuckled,

"Not that anybody will have anything to say, with the roads iced up as they are I think it's safer for me to stay. So yes I will spend the night."
 
Charlotte smiled as he declared that he would stay the night. Truth be told, she didn’t care what he parents had to say about the matter. She was with Dave and she was happy. It made her feel complete.

“Perfect.” She said as she stood from the sofa and moved to get her extra bedroom set up for him. New sheets and blankets were soon on the bed and she hoped that he wouldn’t mind. It wasn’t as rich as his apartments at the palace, but they would do.

“You need something to wear, right? I don’t know that I have anything large enough for you.” She said, passing back into the living room .
 
He shrugged,

"Not really no, perhaps tomorrow, but I'm sure I will be able to make it back home in time. You do seem to be able to arrive there every morning early enough to wake me up."

He got to his feet and stretched out, he watched her as she moved and a small smile played over the corners of his mouth.

"And if it gets cold I am so going to crash your bed."
 
Charlotte smiled and laughed softly. "I'm certain I can wake you in time but you're the one that gets grimy without enough sleep." She teased him, walking close to him and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I don't mind if you share my bed. I just thought you'd like your own space." She shrugged as she looked up at his handsome face. She wanted so badly to make a good impression on him and not seem too desperate to get him between the sheets.
 
"Oh I get grumpy you say? You should see yourself after a long day and short night, then the fairy turns into a dragon."

He enjoyed teasing her, he knew she was right, he did get grumpy, but what always kept him level-headed was her presence. He wrapped his arms around her and stole a gentle kiss from her,

"I know you have no qualms sharing a bed, why you proved that just last night. You do seem to sleep much better when there is somebody you know very well with you. For a change I was up before you."

He smiled at her, his hand reaching up to run through her loose hair,

"I am really glad you wore it loose today."
 
Charlotte smiled as he pressed his lips gently to hers and ran his fingers through her hair. She sighed softly, her eyes closing for the briefest moment before she opened them to look up at the man that had completely stolen her heart.

“Well, when the future king makes a request of it, who am I to deny him?” She said with a slight smile tipping the corners of her lips.

Reaching up, she gently pressed her palm against his cheek. “I’m not sure how all of this will turn out, but I want you to know that I do love you dearly, Donovan. You’re my best friend. You’ve always been my best friend. It is my greatest wish that we become…more than friends though.”
 
He rested his hand on her own, then he turned his face in her palm to kiss the soft flesh.

"I will be honored if that can happen."

He smiled at her,

"Who better to spend time with than the woman who already knows me almost better than I know myself?"
 
She laughed softly as he smiled down at her. “Well, that could be a very dangerous thing, Dave.” She pressed herself tighter against his body, sighing at the warmth that came from his muscular body.

“You see…I know the thoughts that are in your head right now.” A blush bloomed on her cheeks then. Was she really about to say this? “I know you want me.”

Her heart was hammering in her chest and she swore that she was about to pass out. “And…well…I want you too.”
 
He smiled down at her, his hands raising to run softly over her cheeks, jaw and neck, to slide down her back and rest on her lower back,

"Yet duty seems to call us both."

He sighed and rested his forehead against her own,

"Is it just me? Or is this life that my parents have led really such a hard one? Barely having time to spend with the ones you love?"
 
She let out a soft sigh as his forehead rested against hers. Her eyes were locked on his, listening to him as he spoke and taking every word to heart. He was learning and bearing a position of incredibly power didn’t come easily. He would discover that things would only get harder, but she hoped that he stayed the same sweet man he’d always been.

“They both did their duty to their country.” She said softly. “Your father loved your mother and showed her as often as he could. The flowers in her rooms were always fresh. Their mornings together were spent eating breakfast and reading the paper without interruption. They took you on holidays that many kids would have killed for.”

She laughed softly, a smile gracing her lips. “They had four children, Donovan. That has to show you just how much they cared for one another. It’s not about the time you have. It’s about how you use that time.”
 
He chuckled softly at the irony of her words,

"And the first time I actually hear that the feelings I have for you is shared, I have to spend the rest of the time sleeping."

He smiled,

"At least it will be time spent with you, so it will be time well spent."

He straightened up,

"Let's go find out if your bed is any softer than mine...oh before I forget."

He got out his phone and dialed his security chief,

"Hey Al, listen I will be staying over, the roads are frozen over. Just tell my mother and Gibbs if you so please."

He listened and then ended the call, he tapped her playfully on the nose,

"Duty to my country, me fellow men and of course the people who will be waiting for me."
 
“I hate to disappoint you, Your Highness, but my bed pales in comparison with yours.” She said, laughter bubbling from her as he picked up his phone and dialed his security detail.

As he tapped her noise playfully and teased her, she leaned forward and kissed him gently, taking him by the hand and leading him to her bedroom. The room was warm, the heater turned on full to make it inviting. Pulling off her robe, she placed it on a padded chair in the corner and slid between the sheets to wait for him.

“Oh, and you and I have much to talk about with the de Leon estate. It seems a certain crowned prince has already begun renovations on the manor house.” She said, giving him a teasing look. “Heated floors? Really, Dave? How am I suppose to afford that?”
 
He chuckled as he started to take off his jacket and tie, starting to unbutton his shirt,

"Oh that? Easy actually, you should really have gone through all the assets of the ground, that which you could not have visited, you could read about. It's all there."

He pulled off his shirt and laid it quite neatly on his jacket and tie,

"Of course it hasn't been constructed yet, but the main reason why de Leon had not been grabbed up already is about the very ugly bog it has out in the South. Found transcripts of refusals by rather interesting people when my father offered the land to them."

He took off his shoes and socks, slipping off his pants, he folded his pants in half and laid it down on his other clothing, then he joined her in the bed. He harrumphed,

"I have slept in worse during my time in the army. Anyway, the reason you will be able to afford said heated floors is because that very unattractive bog is actually the biggest asset of the whole estate. It has gas."

He grinned,

"The kind that you can barrel and sell, not methane gas of course."
 
Charlie turned to look at him as he slipped beneath the sheets next to her. When he spoke of the wealth that she had just come into, all she could think about was him sending her out into the cold to look at a piece of property that he obviously already had all the answers to.

“You jerk!” She cried out, slapping his chest playfully. “You made me freeze my butt off and you already knew what the estate had to offer?”

Her mock anger dissolved into pleased laughter as she loomed over him and pressed her lips against his, a whimper leaving her as she kissed him with a renewed passion. Her hand reached to cup his cheek and when she broke the kiss, she looked down into his eyes.

“You’ve given me too much, Dave.” She said softly.
 
He accepted the kiss, giving it back in return and looked up at her as she looked down at him, her hair cascading down one side of her face, he ran a finger over her jaw.

"You did work for it, you inspected the whole duchy, of course you would not have known about the bog as there is no roads to it."

He gently pinched her chin between his thumb and forefinger,

"And I think the freezing did your butt the world of good, shivering always brings out the best of any body part."

He grinned playfully at her,

"But all of that aside, there is still a lot of work to be done to get the farms up to full efficiency. Sure you will be able to gain money, but it will be hard earned money. Working to make your way in the world, that is the way you like it not true?"
 
“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” She said with a wide smile as she leaned down and nestled herself against his warm chest.

Resting her head on his shoulder, Charlie could hear his heart thudding in his chest. It was soothing and she knew in that moment she could get use to hearing that sound every day for the rest of her life.

“I always knew that you had a thing for my butt.” She teased him, a yawn parting her lips as she snuggled more firmly against him.
 
"Of course I do, it's firm, well-rounded and really knows how to fill out that jeans you're so fond of when going hiking. Must be from climbing the stairs in those high heels, think you have invented a new exercise, forget the stairmaster, forget the thigh cruncher, get heels and climb stairs."

He chuckled as he played along with her joke, of course it did hide the fact that he did think she had quite a lovely rump.
 
Back
Top