Writing Goal for the Day?

Goals for the next three days? Two posts to my tax blog, edit another chapter of DG Hear's proposed entry in Summer Lovin', and get at least three more pages of my fetish story written. Without a TE/A on Ch 4 of A New Birth of Freedom, I'm stymied; I suppose I could make the whole assault thing up, and hope nobody with technical knowledge blows it up, but that's cheating.

Have you consulted google scholar? Do you have access to academic journals via a library or your workplace?

Putting in the words fetus pregnancy trauma returns a bunch of articles. The ninth on my list appears promising, and even the abstract might contain the information you need:

https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejournals/abstract/ajp/doi/10.1055/s-2007-994155

And it appears to have been cited 142 times, so perhaps some of those might be useful.

ETA: The search pregnancy fetus domestic violence might also help.

Last edited:
Well we'll see if tonight proves anymore conducive to writing. What I really want is to be able to go somewhere and not be interrupted. I crack myself up, I really do.

Behold, the mighty TARDIS

What I really want is to be able to go somewhere and not be interrupted. I crack myself up, I really do.

I've heard these work quite well for traveling through space and time:

TARDIS1.jpg

If you find one, mind lending it to me when you're through?

Not going to happen tonight, I think... but I am reviewing. A necessary step in the process.

Still trying to iron some things out with the latest chapter. It helped that I took a few days off from it. Don't know if I'll get to it today, tho. We're shopping for school clothes today. Pure torture!

Maybe today. I intend to speak to the hub about it... but first we're going to IHOP. Over the boy's protestations.

Goals for the day:
  • make dough for bagels, pizza, and bread
  • keep toddler from eating too much rabbit poop
  • watch an episode of Circus, which I'm kind of obsessed with
  • finish all the housework I put off in husband's absence
Wait, what was that? Oh, this thread is about writing goals? Um… then my goal is to make progress of some sort. Yeah, that's it. Progress. On something. Anything.

Maybe I'll have some sort of plot epiphany while baking.

Goals for the day:
  • make dough for bagels, pizza, and bread
  • keep toddler from eating too much rabbit poop
  • watch an episode of Circus, which I'm kind of obsessed with
  • finish all the housework I put off in husband's absence
Wait, what was that? Oh, this thread is about writing goals? Um… then my goal is to make progress of some sort. Yeah, that's it. Progress. On something. Anything.

Maybe I'll have some sort of plot epiphany while baking.

Productive people like you are why I can't ever get anything done. I feel inferior by comparison. Thanks.

:p

Hope you have fun -- good luck with all that. :)

I'm sitting here wondering where the edge is on too much eaten rabbit poop. :D

Haha me too. On that note, we saw "The Help" last night. Gives a whole new meaning to "eat shit". Or maybe not.

So, was "The Help" worth seeing? The trailers on it look good. And is that Sissy Spacek in drag I saw in the trailers?

Have you consulted google scholar? Do you have access to academic journals via a library or your workplace?

Putting in the words fetus pregnancy trauma returns a bunch of articles. The ninth on my list appears promising, and even the abstract might contain the information you need:

https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejournals/abstract/ajp/doi/10.1055/s-2007-994155

And it appears to have been cited 142 times, so perhaps some of those might be useful.

ETA: The search pregnancy fetus domestic violence might also help.

Although I replied via PM, I want to give my very best thanks to LFT publicly for taking time away from her busy RL and writing. The reference is of great help, and I will pursue your suggestions.

Productive people like you are why I can't ever get anything done. I feel inferior by comparison. Thanks.

:p

Hope you have fun -- good luck with all that. :)

Productive? Two of the four involve making up for procrastination (housework and baby-proofing), and another includes watching an hour of TV.

I'm sitting here wondering where the edge is on too much eaten rabbit poop. :D

Let's hope I can't report back to you on that one.

So, was "The Help" worth seeing? The trailers on it look good. And is that Sissy Spacek in drag I saw in the trailers?

Yes, it was good. Yes, that was Sissy Spacek - why would you say she's in drag? Lol. Also stars Emma Stone, Cicily Tyson, Mary Steenburgen, Bryce Dallas Howard (I think that's her name - Ron Howard's daughter), and several other familiar faces whose names I don't know.

As for The Help . . . the trailers made my skin crawl. I'm more curious about how the lawsuit surrounding it will play out.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/family-maid-files-suit-against-author-of-the-help/

Although I replied via PM, I want to give my very best thanks to LFT publicly for taking time away from her busy RL and writing. The reference is of great help, and I will pursue your suggestions.

No problem, estragon. Besides, in both RL and here, I tend to enjoy research more than writing. Sometimes I think the writing is just an excuse for me to do more research.

Yes, it was good. Yes, that was Sissy Spacek - why would you say she's in drag? Lol. Also stars Emma Stone, Cicily Tyson, Mary Steenburgen, Bryce Dallas Howard (I think that's her name - Ron Howard's daughter), and several other familiar faces whose names I don't know.

The glimpse I saw made her look like a drunken bag lady. She tools around my neighborhood and always looks like a trim, well-heeled suburban mom around here.

When I asked the question last evening at a dinner party of whether Spacek was in the movie, I got blank stares, so I assumed it wasn't her I'd seen.

Haven't seen Cicily Tyson for decades, I don't think.

We'll have to put that on on our "to see" list.

The glimpse I saw made her look like a drunken bag lady. She tools around my neighborhood and always looks like a trim, well-heeled suburban mom around here.

When I asked the question last evening at a dinner party of whether Spacek was in the movie, I got blank stares, so I assumed it wasn't her I'd seen.

Her character is in the early stages of Alzheimer's, I think. Sometimes she seems perfectly lucid, and others, she doesn't know where she is. She's a real hoot in the movie.

And Cicily Tyson has been in some Tyler Perry "Medea" movies.

Haha me too. On that note, we saw "The Help" last night. Gives a whole new meaning to "eat shit". Or maybe not.

You know, I read about that scene, and I have to say that despite liking pretty much all the actresses mentioned in the film, that'd be enough to put me off. I have my squeamish limits.

Productive? Two of the four involve making up for procrastination (housework and baby-proofing), and another includes watching an hour of TV.

Let's hope I can't report back to you on that one.

I think I may be heading off to the library soon for that quiet writing time. It's closer than Borders, which is closing anyway, and likely has fewer distractions. Hope I can sneak my water in...

Yes, let's hope we don't need any updates how much rabbit poop is "too much." :cool:

You know, I read about that scene, and I have to say that despite liking pretty much all the actresses mentioned in the film, that'd be enough to put me off. I have my squeamish limits.

I haven't heard about the scene. Maybe I'll have to pretend like I didn't.

Today it's an attempt to get my quote of mainstream anthology editing and habu novel review done to free time for painting Christmas cards.

A bear went through the neighborhood last evening and everyone's abuzz and out there trying to get their bird feeders back up. It didn't come into our fenced backyard, though.

Looks like I'll scratch that library time. Sigh. Hub checked his work email and there's a pretty big problem. And since the library closes at 5, it'll be hardly worth going unless he comes down right now.

Oh well, maybe tonight or tomorrow... Damn. See, this is what frustrates me. This kind of thing happens all the time. Well, a lot.

I am two and a third chapters from finishing my series. 14 months of hard work is narrowing down to a couple of weeks. So my goal?

Not to post here on this thread until the damn thing is done. No more procrastinating. So if you people see me post here ask if I'm done and if I am not, tell me to get my ass back to work!

Back